How do you know you’re having a bad day? When your big Apex Legends update patch, despite being throughly tested, inexplicably erases all the progress on some players’ accounts. What exactly happened there?
Respawn Entertainment uploaded a small patch this morning, Version 1.1, to the community. Immediately some players reported that there was no record of their past playthroughs or the progress they’d made. In response, the Apex servers were shut down until the issue could be located. Everything went back online late this afternoon.
According to a Respawn community manager who posted on Reddit, “When the 1.1 update went live, players were unintentionally moved to the wrong servers that didn’t have their persistence and this caused players accounts to appear reset with all progression lost.” This is very good news — that means their progress technically still exists.
“Fortunately, your progress up until the update was still safe and sound,” assures the rep. “We shut down all live servers so we could remove players from the wrong place and roll up the correct servers with your progress. Once we confirmed internally that we had fixed the issue we started rolling out the right servers starting with Xbox and staggered the updates to PS4 and PC.”
Apex Legends should be once again safe to play as of this post. Below are the official patch notes for Version 1.1.
Quality of Life
- Added the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After the match you will see buttons in the lobby that display the last two people you played with and can invite them to your squad.
You can choose to allow invites or opt out in the Friends menu.
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
Made small improvements to the UI for customizing Legends.
- Added option to turn off lighting on compatible hardware [for example, Razer Chroma devices] in the Mouse/Keyboard settings.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to:
Running out of memory.
CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
JUMP PAD PHASE WALK INTERACTIONS
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.
Well, that is sad news to come across, feel sorry for the players.