Apex Legends’ latest event, The Legendary Hunt, has begun and with it comes a new patch to apply. What can you now do?
You can participate in Apex’ first-ever weekly challenges. Meet the following qualifications and you’ll gain some goodies:
- Legendary Hunt Badge (Tracks your Longest top 5 streak in the Elite Queue) — Finish in the top 5 in any match
- Rare Wolfpack G7 Scout weapon skin — Finish in the top 5 in an Apex Elite match.
- Epic Master of the Hunt Bloodhound Legend skin — Finish in the top 5 in any queue five times (consecutive or nonconsecutive).
- Legendary Tamed beast Triple Take weapon skin — Win twice in any queue.
Another limited-time event, Apex Elite Queue, will have you working harder to gain these items. If you place in the Top Five in any match, you’ll have the option to queue into your NEXT match with OTHER players who recently hit the Top 5. The matches will be more competitive and challenging — but if you’d rather battle people who don’t know what they’re doing so you can quickly amass the items listed above, the Elite Queue is entirely optional.
The patch does more than just add the event…it shuffles around the loot placement in King’s Canyon, so that places which previously offered little to no loot now produce a ton. Also, unfortunately….no more bunny hopping while healing! Those who need to heal will have to slow down and become more vulnerable (unless another exploit is discovered).
The full patch notes are below.
“Teamwork” and “Bonus Round” Badges
- We are working on a server side patch for these ASAP.
Playstation sign in bug for new players
- There is an issue with some brand new players that do not already have an EA account linked to PSN being unable to sign into the game. We’re working a fix for this to get out ASAP.
Kings Canyon Updates
- Thunderdome has had some small changes to loot placement, mostly around moving loose loot into bins for more visibility on where the loot is.
- The Pit has about 2x the loot in it
- Repulsor has loot bins added to the west side of the area, on top of the trapezoid buildings.
- Some loot added to the underground pit in the small town in Shattered Forest.
- Added voice over lines that will callout Jump Towers when you ping them. You can now ping the jump towers.
Quality of Life and Bug Fixes
- Decreased the delay with items showing up in the menu when looting a Death Box.
- Mini Map direction will now display correctly while in the ship or skydiving.
- Improved server performance for some cases of rubberbanding when using items.
- Removed an exploit that allowed a squad to have more than one of the same Legend.
- Removed an exploit that allowed to “bunny hop” while healing.
- Fixed issue where players might “bounce” off your squad when breaking off during a skydive.
- Improved skydiving so it should feel more responsive and smooth.
- Thermite grenades now cause damage to doors.
- Squad Summary Page Improvements
cursor support added.
players can now mute / report players from this page.
players can now report teammates that have disconnected.
- Caustic barrels can now be triggered or disabled by friendly teammates.
- Added cooldown [.5 seconds] before you can reuse the last zipline you were on.
- Pathfinder’s Grapple now has a blue crosshair indicator that will appear when the Grapple is in range of objects it can connect to.
- When grappling a zipline, the trajectory will now pull players to a point below the zipline rather than above. This makes it so players are more likely to connect with the zipline instead of flying over it.
- Made improvements to how weapon reticles and optics are displayed when playing with colorblind settings.
- Added colorblind support for threat vision scope and Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Removed the ability for players to change game settings not intended to be modified on a client level. Our intent is to prevent exploits like removing muzzle flash, disabling lighting, and other changes that give players an unfair competitive advantage.
- We’ve reverted the behavior of “Holster Weapons” so pressing that button while your melee weapon is out will no longer bring out your last primary weapon.
- Added ability to fully customize button layout for controllers.
- Added localized voice overs for all Legends that now supports:
- Fixed an issue where a player is unable to change their Party Privacy option.
- Fixed the extra sway from the G7 crosshair while moving.
- Fixed bug where cloaked Mirage was too noticeable.
- Fixed a rare issue with using consumables while having a Caustic gas canister out.
- Fixed an issue where shield cells and shield batteries would sometimes appear to be permanently stuck to the player.
- Improved framerate when Sun shadow coverage is set High in Video options.
- Fixed issue with the Long Distance Kill Badge not displaying the correct max distance.
- Fixed issue with bad framerate when using Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Fixed players being crushed by opening or closing doors when climbing onto a roof just above the door.
- Fixed a crash related to model code.
- Fixed issue where player would crawl very fast in place.
- Fixed some rare cases of players getting stuck in geometry.
- Fixed issue where Octane’s Stim trail would still linger after death.
- Fixed cases where melee lunges could stop too far from their intended target.
- Fixed issue with players not receiving any XP for anything after a match and the Champion Bonus showing as -1XP.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the audio and visual effects would not play when a weapon fires.
- Lots of minor fixes and polish to game stability and performance.