Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Nick, Ofelia and the United States/Mexico Border

Discussion in 'Episode 215 - North' started by BlackLightning, Oct 3, 2016.

1. BlackLightning

He's selfish and ungrateful and thinks he can finesse his way through life.

Alejandro gave his life to save Nick's life and Nick never even said thank you. What he did do was throw a bunch of dirty looks at him.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Alejandro created a cult, one of the rituals of which, was to force sick people to be torn apart, while alive, by zombies. Not really sure he deserved social niceties.

3. Poppy

Poppy Member

Alejandro was "Dead Man Walking" with less than 24 hours to live. LOL.. not much life to give up.

I thought that Nick left, but then came back and convinced Alejandro to tell Luci the truth. Gotta give the kid some credit for that.
    Together they got everyone to walk to the boarder.

I guess we have to wait to see how that pans out

EDIT... and not only that, he didn't move the bus until after Nick et al, were long gone.
    The banditos weren't going to go after them, they were happy to have the fortress colonia!

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Military? Not? Dave Erickson Interview

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...-the-walking-deads-season-3-threats-villains/

Video interview included within the article. Not sure if it was a one time glitch but the audio from Dave Erickson's feed did not start working until around the 5:50 mark for me. But not to worry, if that is the case for anyone else the meat of his interview appears to begin around that time mark anyway.

If you squint hard enough you might think it is a bit spoilery for season 3 but I just chalk it up to Dave Erickson's interview style. He knows exactly what he can get away with sharing and what he needs to hold close to his vest in order to maintain the mystery of what we have just watched and what is to come.

He does touch on if we will ever see Daniel again.

What I found surprising and refreshing is a sense that he was actually offering a "self critique" of how season 2 was as a whole. He basically admitted that the back half was better than first half of the season. Stating that it feels as though in the back half of 2 they have finally found their rhythm and that the first half of the season felt too episodic.

@PepperAnn @Neuropyramidal @Sharpie61 @Jag @Poppy @GregsGirl @EZD @BlackLightning @Spidey @Biffster @Camilleyun @Apollonia @zombiemom62 @8307c4 @Cavedeth @Suiseiseki @Gordian Knot @Walker97 @Terminator @Znuts @lonut @Well Walker [MENTION=59101]RickyGrimes[/MENTION]

Feel free to tag anyone that I may have overlooked. Apologies in advance.

#44 Dnae, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. PepperAnn

I'm going to have to assume most of what was said in the video was covered in the article below it?

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

No mam but I do think that what was missed in the video is just a re-hash of the finale. The good stuff from Dave's interview is actually what starts around the 5:50 mark where you can actually hear what he has to say. Watch the video when you have a chance. Danay Garcia is also interviewed after Dave Erickson

8. Poppy

Poppy Member

Dave's interview was worthwhile, but not Danay's

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Agreed

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LMAO

Enid's idea of a thanksgiving feast!!

11. PepperAnn

Okey dokey. :)

12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Summing it all up:

1. I still do not like Nick. He's not as big a sneaky a-hole as he was and he seems to be clean. It's good he talked Alejandro into telling the Colonianistas to leave, but -- well, so far, that's not working out so well for them to just march, blood-smeared across the border.

2. I hate Ophelia. She looks just like Chris. She's selfish - one for all and all for one--herself. She stole their truck to go cruising and wants to be a loner. I hope she dies.

3. I still really like Strand. Obviously the hotel is going to fail because it will either be overrun by misconduct/disease from within or attacks from without. Then we'll get to see what Strand does next.

4. Travis went up many notches in my book for taking out the two young men who killed his son. Made me wonder whether Travis was an overly peaceful wuss before because of something in his background. Ifc he doesn't fall back into whiny guilt, he could be a real leader of this group.

5. Madison - I like her, flat affect and all. , She is practical, survivalist (but flawed). Still, I wish - just once -- she'd put her hair in a ponytail.

6. Alecia -- didn't like her before but her stabbing of the man who was about to shoot Travis-- now that took a real big pair of ovaries and some really fast thinking and fast acting.

7. If I were out there, I would want Strand, Madison, Alecia and Travis on my side. Undecided about Nick. Definitely would drop disloyal, selfish O'Phelia off at the nearest bus-stop and wouldn't rescue her if she needed it.

13. PepperAnn

Of all of that I agree with you on Ofelia, Strand and Travis.

Ofelia is fun to watch because she has evolved a lot in regard to being able to take care of herself....(so far).....however, it was EXTREMELY selfish to do what she did. All she had to do was say, "hey I really need to find my whatever-he-is so I am gonna take off". There was no need to sneak off like she did. She wasn't a prisoner. Also, find your own damn vehicle. :p

I just love Strand period.

Travis will be ok with me at this point as long as he doesn't backslide. Maybe. We'll see. lol

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I'm a little confused. WHere would the people of Colonia have to go if the Narcos invaded and took over Colonia while they were there? In that situation they also have nowhere to go if they all ran away while being invaded.

15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

On a related note,where the hell did the Narcos people go?
    There were soldiers and there were Family it seemed but we saw the place vacant entirely and only Soldiers that were eaten in the end.

Where did they go?????

16. PepperAnn

Exactly. Nick saved them from definite death had they stayed at Colonia. How was Nick to know they were jumping out of the frying pan into the fire? There are fires all over the damn place. It's the ZA and a risk they HAD to take.

17. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Nick was definitely doing the right things for the right reasons. If any criticism can be made of his decision, for me, it would be assuming the Red Cross camp was indeed that. Obviously in retrospect he should have gone ahead more cautiously, kept the group at a safe place, and scoped out the encampment alone. And I can't even really fault him there because overlooking that was more lack of experience.

18. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

He's right in saying that the second half of Season 2 was much better. It seriously lived up to The Walking Dead brand name. I'm so captivated in each of the individual character's story archs - finding out what happened with Ofelia is going to be a great story.

19. BlackLightning

Thanks for the heads up.

I had been hiding from anything remotely Walking Dead related for a while no. I didn't want to get spoiled.

I like Dave Erickson. Not that I don't like Scott Gimple but Erickson has a different style and a more average Joe approach to you. I'm glad he realizes that the first three episodes were very episodic and the pirate arc was way too short.

And the Fear the Walking Dead webisodes have been pretty amazing. Especially Passages. I've always liked it (and still like it) when Walking Dead gets science-fictiony. Seeing doctors and scientists trying to deal with the walker disease is really cool.

20. BlackLightning

[MENTION=3634]PepperAnn[/MENTION]

Your new avatar >>>>>>>>>