Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Kirkman Believes The Show Could See A Twelfth Season

Discussion in 'walkingdeadforums.com News' started by News Admin, Dec 28, 2016.

1. News Admin

News Admin Administrator

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Probably will but it really shouldn't

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Personally I see this sort of thinking as everything that is wrong with TWD at the moment. He's more concerned with longevity than he is with quality. This is going to lead to more cliffhangers and sloppy story telling.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Things have gotten too out of hand over the past season or so. They've ridden the wave of the show's popularity and relied on too many gimmicks. It's difficult to fix it now, but that's where their focus should be. The loss of audience in 7A should be their wake up call.

5. Basalt

Basalt New Member

If it does make it to 12 seasons the only ones watching will be the zombies.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

This!^

I read a comment on another Walking Dead forum, that the show now caters to diehard fans of the comic book.

7. Rapscallion

The wake up calls were dumpstergate and the Lucille cliffhanger, but Gimple and Kirkman defended their storylines.

Even if the ratings continue to fall, the show will still bring in more viewers than any other show on AMC.

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think Preacher season 2 is going to be bigger than Walking Dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I for one look forward to the show lasting 10 or even 12 seasons. Mainly because I'm such a fanboy of the show and the lore. But I have to agree with [MENTION=8825]tink[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6306]Stealth[/MENTION]. The writers have fallen off because they have taken the commercial success of the show for granted. So it's starting to just go on based on ratings and popularity versus quality and substance. Hopefully things can turn around somehow by S8.

10. Stealth

It's disturbing that they didn't recognize their mistakes after the Dumpster Dive and the cheesy cliffhanger, but the march into the abyss continues. The bottle episodes are killing the show too. We saw Ezekiel once and Carol and Morgan only twice in the first 8 episodes. And by the time they returned to the Kingdom what seemed interesting at first felt distant, irrelevant and disconnected from the overall narrative.

Even the core characters are hurt by these bottle episodes. Rick is broken by Negan and they loot all their guns etc, then we detour to other places and he's suddenly got his mojo back after Spencer's death. There's no continuity and natural progression for anyone and the choices they make. Character decisions are forced into the larger overarching plot and the result is an uneven and unbelievable mess.

11. Stealth

Really looking forward to that one. Last year I played catchup and saw Season 1 after it was over.

12. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Kirkman better be careful. He can end up destroying the legacy of TWD if he keeps stretching it out too long. Sometimes too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I would hate to see TWD be ruined because of wanting to milk it some more, instead of saying 'we had a good run, it's a great story, but all good things must end, so let's go out with a bang!"

13. Rapscallion

It's too late for that, Dumpstergate is the new 'Jump the Shark', and the Lucille lineup was the last straw for a lot of people. Some fans are speculating that Gimple and Kirkman will stretch out 'All out War' for this season and the next.

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

AOW can easily fill a full season. And won't likely start until 716 because we still have to do March to War.

15. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Yep! They're going to stretch 'March to War' for the next half. That's why they added this new
    and are giving more depth to Oceanside than what it had in the comics. Negan's speech to his goons and he's final line at the end of March to War is a perfect way to end S7.

I can see AOW 1 & 2 making it all the way to 9A. I won't be surprise if it does

#15 RicksdaMan, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2017
  16. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

^^^^ [MENTION=115972]RicksdaMan[/MENTION] Some people on here DON'T like spoilers. You could use a spoiler tag above. Second time I've seen someone spoil stuff. Yes i like spoilers but i don't want EVERYTHING spoiled. ^^^^

17. TheSameDullKnife

TheSameDullKnife New Member

I'm still enjoying the show and the comics and am personally excited for the show to get to some of the recent comic stuff. I mean none of the current stuff is anywhere near as weird or disjointed as the CDC misadventure in season 1, so I don't get why people seem to have as big of a problem with it as they do. I mean what would be the point if things just stayed the same forever? There's a story being told and as a writer, I know how difficult it can be to continue doing anything interesting at all so I am willing to forgive some hiccups along the way. I still love these characters and still want to know what happens to them.

And longevity was always important for TWD, by the way. It was always supposed to be "the zombie movie that never ends" so everyone should have expected it to go on as long as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

The CDC "misadventure" was one episode. I thought of the it was a brilliant episode -- building the depth of the dispute between Shane (who wanted to go for military bases on the coast and Rick, wanting to go to the CDC because Morgan told him about it).

Negan has been half a season so far, inclusive of shows that disgusted and drove off viewers, and threatening to run for another 1/2 to a full season. Fully recognizing and respecting that other viewers like the Negan story -- I personally hate it, find it disgusting and find Negan himself largely boring. Not that some aspects of it are not interesting -- such as Dwight and Sherri's dilemma and the, as yet hidden, dissension in Negan's camp.

That said, Richard's crying when Morgan and Carol flatly refused to fight really got to me, as did the Oceanside story of Negan's massacre of all males over the age of 10. So I am fully onboard to watch Rick's group figure out how to kill that bastard. But I would really, really like to see some more creativity in the approach to killing Negan than we have seen so far. AND I REALLY want to see some new alpha males on Rick's side to replace Tyrese, Abraham and Glenn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I wonder how many of the main cast will stick around for season 12 though?

20. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

That's a good question. If they don't allow the actors freedom to pursue other projects I can see several of them asking for their tragic deaths by season 9-10.

But, so far they do have time for stuff outside TWD