Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe this one. Apparently a gang of armed thugs got together and beat a hippo to death at a zoo. Who would even think up such a thing, not to speak of actually doing it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gustavito-el-salvador-beating_us_58b501d9e4b0780bac2cbc4b?

"
    He had multiple wounds or bruising over much of his body, including his feet, neck, face, and even inside of his mouth, which likely occurred as he tried to defend himself, said zoo director Vladen Henríquez.

Officials believe he was attacked with rocks, metal bars, knives and an ice pick."

2. Morgotha

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Hate is on the rampage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I read this story too. So disheartening. I can't even begin to imagine why people want to harm animals.

5. Morgotha

I would understand completely if the hippo was rampaging in some villiage and people were afraid for their lives, but to band together and attack an animal in a ZOO???? It really is insane.

6. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Probably a street gang. They kill people every day in El Salvador and Gustavito was a beloved and entertaining animal.

Whoever did this, they are sick. Something is very, very wrong with mankind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I just keep thinking about that poor hippo and what he was going through. Ugh it makes me nauseous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Morgotha

So a 66 year old man is on a plane from Las Vegas to Hawaii arguing with the flight attendant that he shouldn't have to pay 12$ for a blanket. The staff decides he's dangerous, dumps $12,000 dollars of fuel in to the ocean, and turns around and lands in Los Angeles, where the passenger takes another plane to Hawaii.

Is our country an insane asylum? I'd bet if you polled the passengers, they would have given the poor guy a blanket rather than spending 6 more hours of their vacation in an airplane, and you'd think the airline would rather give him a $12 dollar blanket than pay for $12000 in fuel, the staff's salaries, etc. You'd think someone would care about the effects of dumping all that gas in to the ocean, or even that if this man was such a risk he would be arrested on arrival in L.A. and not allowed to get on the next plane to Hawaii.

What a colossal waste.

LOL, what they should have done was have the pilot announce they were going to turn the plane around because this man wanted a blanket and Hawaiin Air wasn't going to give it to him for free and let the passengers sort out the best course of action.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/66...-price/ar-AAo47vU?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Morgotha

10. Morgotha

In a Canadian ICU a patient who was pronounced dead continued to have measurable brain activity for 10 minutes and 38 seconds. a short vid saying basically that:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/vid...utes-of-brain-activity-after-death/vi-AAo72Bk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...vity-can-continue-10-minutes-death-new-study/

The human brain can continue functioning for more than 10 minutes after the body has died, scientists have discovered.

Intensive care doctors reported observing the same kind of brain waves in a patient whose pulse had stopped and whose pupils were unreactive as occurs during deep sleep in healthy people.

Researchers had previously thought that brain activity ends before or shortly after the heart stops beating, although two studies last year demonstrated that genes continue to function, in some cases more energetically, in the days after people die.

Is it.... the beginning of the zombie apocalypse? Or just a really good reason to not be in agony when you die?

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I agree with the man. He likely spent at least a grand on that airline ticket, he shouldn't have to pay $12 for a blanket. Remember when airlines didn't hate their customers and just used to give you things like pillows, blankets, drinks and a snack? Back before they decided that their customers were captive chumps to be abused for as long as you are in their clutches.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Morgotha

I agree with him too, it's outrageous. And if the guy was that upset, one would think the flight attendant would have walked up to first class, taken an extra blanket from someone's seat that wasn't using it, and given it to him. What their response was? Crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Morgotha

How many 11 year-old boys have a 13 year old girlfriend, or have or even want a girlfriend at all at that age? This is a truly terrible thing, I can't imagine how it ended up the way it did, or where it even started from.

"Tysen Benz was in his room when he read text messages saying someone he knew had committed suicide.

Shortly after, the 11-year-old boy from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula hanged himself.

Now, a 13-year-old girl is facing criminal charges in connection to his death. Marquette County Prosecuting Attorney Matt Wiese said the girl posed as someone else when she was texting with Tysen and faked her own death. And the boy, for reasons still unclear, believed it and killed himself within two hours of receiving the messages, Wiese said.

Wiese said he could not confirm the relationship between Tysen and the girl, but media reports say she was his girlfriend."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...he’s-now-facing-charges/ar-BBzBTtP?li=BBnbfcL

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

And another airline issue: United airlines overbooked a flight because it needed to fly 4 United employees instead of passengers. When they asked for volunteers and no one did, they called security, who promptly came on, beat the crap out of a doctor, and dragged him off the plane.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/851423833160634368

This is the same airline that a couple of weeks ago denied a 10-year old girl from boarding one of their aircraft because she "wasn't properly dressed" (she was wearing leggings and a top).

15. Morgotha

This country is really going to Hell in a handbasket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PepperAnn

That is horrible.

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Normally when I see these stories blow up, i think there must be some kind of explanation that no one is paying attention to. But nope, a paying passenger actually got hit in the face and dragged away for simply not wanting to "volunteer" to give up his flight. This made me feel sick to my stomach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Frankly I was pretty angry when they denied the little girl access to her flight for wearing leggings. This is WAY over the top though.

And if you read United's response to this in the article, it is sickening. They honestly do not want customers I guess.

EDIT: And the CEO responds:

https://twitter.com/united/status/851471781827420160

Nobody's having it still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PepperAnn

I am still trying to wrap my brain around this. The video is HORRIBLE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The last time I flew, it was with Southwest. They overbooked by 15 people. They asked if anyone would like to give up their seats. No one did. I had 2 kids, so I wasn't.
    Guess who didn't get to fly on that flight. Those 15 people, who were late getting there.
    I have never used United after having 1 bad experience with them a long time ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk