Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Suddenly Jadis speaks English?

Discussion in 'Episode 810 - The Lost and the Plunderers' started by offrope, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It was just awkward, did she change clothing or undress and had night gown under?

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That’s one of the debates we’ve been having. I am leaning toward she changed clothes. At first I thought it was just underneath but someone pointed out that’s a LOT of material under pants.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I just threw up in my mouth thinking about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Maybe she didn't want to get walker guts all over her good clothes.

5. PepperAnn

“Good clothes” :p

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I got to love that even being an idea to get for her "All my minions/companions/friends are dead...better dress in my night gown!" as they start to slowly come back up.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Are we sure she wasn't sexually assaulted? Simon already went off the rails by disobeying Negan's express orders against killing
    all those people, why not a little rape too while he was at it just to teach her a lesson? Why did he leave her alive then? I would tear off all my clothes too if that happened. Shit got real fast. I don't think she was in any mood to be making symbolic statements.

8. PepperAnn

I don’t think she was making a symbolic statement as a character. I think it was in the writing.

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yeah, but what's written in the script dictates the characters actions to further tell the story. Hopefully there is continuity, a motivation and/or purpose to what the writers have the characters do...or not do. This was rather open ended. Maybe deliberately to let the viewer interpret what happened for themselves, unless it gets explained later.

As we know it, Simon after scuffling with Jadis both verbally and physically, kills her entire community but lets her live. We see her later in totally different clothes, speaking in full sentences, and doing her best to survive the situation she's in. First appealing to Rick which because of her prior actions with him, goes south, and then cleaning up the mess for herself. So how did we get from point A to point B? Some things are easier to figure out, like why she was addressing Rick in proper English but something happened during Simon's visit that hasn't been entirely explained to the viewing audience. Maybe we'll never find out.

10. lee7189

lee7189 Member

The heapster’s way of speaking was an affectation symbolic of their minimalistic lifestyle.

11. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

For a minimalistic lifestyle, they sure had a lot of clutter.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Minimalistic hoarders...that's definitely a new one ;)