Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Possible TWD Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - People Like Us' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Aside from the obvious dialogue regarding Zeke/Shiva and Morgan mentioning Rick and Alexandria, I think there were a few other TWD easter eggs spread throughout this episode. Some fairly straightforward and some possibly my imagination ;)

1)The "Road May Flood" sign in the opening likely referenced the "Warning: Flash Flood Area" sign that Meghan dug up out of the mud right before she was bitten in Too Far Gone.

2)The items Morgan had in his inventory included 2 Peanut Butter Protein Bars and the Art of Peace book [which now had blood on it, probably Benjamin's blood after he was shot by Jared or Nick's after he was shot by Charlie], as well as a machinist type helmet with a face shield [possibly a nod to his welder's helmet while making the prison cell. Seconds later, when Althea heard his radio call, she was also wearing a welder's helmet.

3)Morgan also uses a radio when he first states he wants to go back to Rick and co., maybe a nod to his radio that Rick gave him.

4)The message on the box that June and Althea found read "take what you need, leave what you don't", somewhat similar to the 'Take what you need' sign [also in cardboard] at Steve's Pharmacy when Maggie and Glenn get supplies in Cherokee Rose although that sign does not have the phrase "leave what you don't".

5)Inside that same box was a toy semi truck cab, on its side, like the semi in the opening sequence of Days Gone Bye. Although a different color.

6)The walker that got into Strand's compound due to a "breach in the fence" looked very similar to the walker that carl failed to kill at the Farm and as a result attacked Dale. Strand failed to kill it when he tried, just like Carl.

One other tid bit, not TWD related, was the old fashion German barometer on the wall and Strand and Luciana's place. The choices were Stormy, Rain, Change, Fair, and Very Dry. The needle was moving from "Change" to "Rain"....a storm was a-comin?

Just what I caught on my first watch through...

#1 Neuropyramidal, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Interesting!

...but for #2: didn't Nick have Morgan's Art of Peace book when he was shot? Not a big deal, that's just what i thought when i saw the blood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

That' true, I can't remember if there was blood on it already when he gave it to Nick. I updated the OP with one or two more things...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

TWD Easter Eggs
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The last shot of the barometer was set at stormy, which indicated that they were getting a bad storm.

On a personal note. We have one of those in our house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It's almost strange to hear Morgan talk about "back home". He mentions Alexandria but never actually mentioned anybody by name. It was "my friend" and Al said "the king". I mean I get that they don't know the names so it would make no sense for Morgan to just say "I want to see Rick again." but he could have mentioned someone by name. Just seemed strange.

He also does a really shitty job of selling Alexandria on the group. He's so vague about it, "good people", "they are strong", stuff like that. How about "We have huge walls, electricity, and fricking running water." I mean if he painted a better picture of what Alexandria had to offer, or the Kingdom or Hilltop for that matter, he might have a better chance of convincing them to go.

(Edit: That all sounded really snarky, I didn't mean for it to come off that way. Read it in a playful voice.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, my guess is that they just didn't want to spare too much dialogue describing Alexandria etc, and take away from the more immediate plot at hand. Or for a possible TWD universe based reason, maybe subconsciously Morgan doesn't really want to go back. Maybe his super ego is testing their response to his departure to see where his home really is right now :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vamp7

Vamp7 Member

Nick had blood on his hands when Morgan handed it to him. The blood was from the guy that he pushed the antlers through.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Didn't remember that previous box. I thought we were meant to understand that this was from the Commonwealth people.

10. Neuropyramidal

The other one was just a cardboard sign, not really a box. I'm not sure that they are crossing the Commonweath people over into FTWD or not. The contents of the box, like a toy car and candybar, etc. seemed kind of small scale to me, almost like someone set up a little ZA geocache rather than something from the commonweath, but I suppose its not impossible. Although if they follow the comics, the commonweath will be way up in Ohio.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I really appreciate the knowledge you have of this universe. I haven't read the comics and never watched an episode twice, so I'm off on a lot of things.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Since I still believe the option of combining the two shows is on the table, I wonder if they wouldn't use the commonwealth as a means of doing it.