Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gurgle Gurgle Gregory

Discussion in 'Episode 901 - A New Beginning' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Are you sad to see him go?

2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I can show you better than I can tell you.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

to be honest I had all but forgotten about gregory

4. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Fixed and YES, about time. There was "No Way Out" .... He needed to be "Clear"ed... lol anyone else?

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. SStark

SStark Active Member

Gregory was just always one of those characters that had to be gone for the time jump. I don't see anything else he could have done besides actually try to kill Maggie without being redundant and annoying. I still think he should have died during the Savior war in both the comics and the show, as him randomly trying to kill her after like a year and a half of downtime / rebuilding always seemed off to me.

Oh, and he should have choked longer. He died way too quick since he didn't break his neck when the horse went out from under him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

They killed him just like in those Wild West movies.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes. I liked that Wild West vibe. Visually it is a nice reflection of how civilization has dropped back a century in some respects. They could easily have shot him or stabbed him, although that might have been too close to Negan's behavior for comfort.

Goodbye, Gregory. You were nothing but a weasel and a traitor your whole life in the apocalypse.

#7 Lindigo, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

he deserved it. I smelled what he was doing a mile away with Ken's Father. He couldn't handle not being the leader.

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah his time was up, happy to see him go!

Once I saw Baby Hershel's stroller tip over I knew things weren't going well for ol' Gregory.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

They mentioned on TTD how they want TWD to have a western feel. They didn't just build a gallows for this though. That looked like some other type of support structure and the beam was just handy for the rope. I had wondered if Gregory would still be around 18 months later, and it helped lay the seeds of doubt in the community, but as the new showrunner said, they didn't want to drag his story out, so they killed him off in the premier. Well done!!!! Good actor. He made you hate slimey politician types for what they really are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

Interesting seeing John Finn as Ken's dad. I was all like, "Hey, Stillman survived the breakdown of society and escaped Philly!!!"

12. Creepy Crawlies

Gregory needed to go and to be honest I seen the whole thing coming it was predictable the way the episode was going. Also I think the reason Maggie decided to hang Gregory was to show her community and Rick that she is in charge and she is not a puppet.

Therefore showing the punishment for such a crime is death as where in Alexandria he would of been imprisoned.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sully

Sully Active Member

I found it really interesting that Rick was present for Gregory's execution.

With the impending civil war story coming up, I imagined Rick finding out about Gregory's hanging despite establishing a no kill mantra would have been the start if a serious rift between the two.

Instead he just stood by quietly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm devastated that he's gone. He was noble, virtuous, brave, and trustworthy. A true gentleman. Loved by all. He will be missed.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I was surprised he stood by willingly too. When he and Maggie were talking on the porch and I realized there was only 3 or 4 more minutes left in the episode, I thought Maggie was going to say "turn around Rick, this is how I do things here" and they would walk to the edge of the balcony and the hanging would be commencing, too late for Rick to stop it. I'm guessing the reason they did it this way is because Rick is leaving in a few episodes anyway, so they are showing things can operate without his wishes.

16. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

And this is why i dont get why some didn't like the hanging of Gregory. Watching your child get hurt like that? Knowing Gregory as behind it? Ya, he got what he deserved. If not less then what he deserved.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Neuropyramidal

Yeah I thought the hanging was fine too. That's what you do if you want to make a public statement about what will not be tolerated. If Maggie had stabbed or shot him in private, it would raise conspiracy theories and fuel any possible rebellion. Doing it publicly and with Earl right there to admit what happened, its more transparent.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Corleone

Michael Corleone New Member

I wasn't expecting him to leave so soon, but I guess it was his time. Weasels like that are always dead men walking in fiction. He was an entertaining presence on the show, but if he couldn't move towards the redemptive light that Season 8 opened up, then he had no other road to take. He almost had me fooled for a minute, until he kept talking to those two parents. Then the jig was up.

I read in an interview with the actor that the writers had originally planned to make his Season 9 arc last a bit longer, but they decided to condense it into the first episode.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

And how do you feel about Ted Bundy and Charles Manson?

20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I loved Ted Bundy! He was so funny in Married... With Children.

I'm also fond of Charles Manson. His Peanuts cartoons are classics.

Don't kick the football Charlie Brown!!! Lucy is just gonna pull it away!!

Good stuff.

• Funny Funny x 2