Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick Hallucinations

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think they did a good job making Shane look exactly as he did 8 years ago in that police car. Right down to his face glistening with sweat the way it did.

For Rick's hospital bed scene, it seems they somehow used the old footage, but played with the magic of filming secrets to make him say new words.

Loved seeing Hershel and Sasha too. You will be missed Scott Wilson. Overall I think it was well done.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

They did a good job with his hallucinations.....there were some very powerful scenes in this episode but I'm not sure I am not sure if I am liking the ending or not....I need to watch it again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SStark

SStark Active Member

Loved seeing those three again.

I'm still not sure about choosing to include Sasha as one of the people Rick would hallucinate about while he was on death's door. I loved her and she was a great character, but I just didn't think that Rick and her had that crazy connection that he had with the other two.

Would have loved if they could have gotten Glenn, because I think Lori or Carl would have been too much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sully

Sully Active Member

The Hershel one was really heavy, considering Scott Wilson's recent passing.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

It was a touching tribute with the lines that Scott and Andrew had in the scene. Very surreal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

My guess is they might have gotten in touch with everyone they lost along the way and Sasha, Hershel and Shane were the three that signed on to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I loved the wizard of oz analogy andy offered in is intervew with yvette
    Shane - offered the words of courage
    Hershel - offered the words of love
    Sasha - offered the words of wisdom

I loved all three and Sasha has always been a favorite of mine BUT I have to give the trophy to the Shane and Rick exchange. Was so SO wonderful to have one more scene with these two. They are great together!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I was over the "wake up" endings very quickly . But Scott scene...wow.
    Shane and then the bridge hallucination with everyone coming to the rescue...they were good

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Yeah that was a nice explanation. Glenn should have been wisdom though, but I guess it was easier to get Sasha in (always loved her too, so no complaints from me).

10. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Yeah, the bridge scene had me fooled right up to 'wake up'.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. IfDarylDiesRiot

Yeah, I agree. I still liked the hallucinations so it's not a complaint just an observation, but Sasha showing up seemed forced to me as well.
    To me it just smelled of her being the only one willing to come back and make an appearance. Not that she had some kind of connection with Rick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It is odd that there were helicopters in his hallucination. Rick certainly saw the helicopter a couple times. But, this image in his subconscious making into his hallucination is interesting.
    How does this connect to the plot that Rick's being rescue by a helicopter at the end?

• Like Like x 1
  13. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

As much as I am NOT a fan of time jumps, flash-backs, alternate realities and the like that they've employed so many times on this show, THIS episode - with the dream-sequence-hallucinations - was GREAT! Maybe because of the gravity of the story. Maybe because of the return of so many beloved characters in those scenes. Whatever it was, it was very well done!

Honestly, I had forgotten of Scott Wilson's passing. His work so recent, and him being so [relatively] young..... it just escaped me until hearing them talk about it on TD. Just as well (for me); If I had remembered it would have mad me very sad watching his scenes with Rick.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I think having Glenn as a cameo as opposed to Sasha would have been a really emotional scene given the immense gratitude and guilt Glenn's memory evokes from Rick. Glenn saved his life in the beginning AND Rick in some ways likely blames himself for his brutal death.

Sasha still carried the scene really well albeit being somewhat oddly paced. Honestly, I was just happy to see Sasha again!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the hallucinations too. Although I still think they missed opportunities with both Carl and Glenn. As Glenn was the one who found and saved him, that would have been a great touch as others have said. But at least they mentioned him in the one with Hershel. And one last father and son moment with Carl in his darkest hour would have been nice too. But was probably impossible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

AL on TD said they did a dye job on his hair, and other stuff to make him look younger, but it was current him.

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

When Rick and Shane were in the car, at the very end of Shane's speech when he says "let me tell you something.................WAKE UP!!!" And jumps in his face and the scene immediately change to that walker right in Rick's face.......I JUMPED. I thought that particular moment was done really well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sasha was always one of my favorites. When I first heard about her cameo my thought was that Rick was making amends to people (via hallucinations) and that Sasha's sacrifice for the greater good was something that Rick, subconsciously, needed to acknowledge. Well I was not completely wrong, her appearance to Rick was indeed based on her selflessness. Article in its entirety is linked but here is the bit about Sasha

"And then he has this vision of something that’s like hell, which was very much based on this comic book cover. It’s one of the old comic book covers for Issue 100 when Glenn dies in the comics, and it’s just mounds of all the dead that have come to the show; what he imagines is the worst possible thing, which is that you lose everybody that you love. And Sonequa playing Sasha, she really was like a soldier who very much could see a larger picture; who didn’t just think of herself in selfish terms, but more like I am one player in a larger story and I have a role to play, and you do, too. She’s able to put that together like a larger picture for him. So that felt very right for that final piece where he’s able to move on to do this selfless act." - Angela Kang

https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/04/walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-rick-showrunner-angela-kang/

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

From Angela Kang:
    "Creatively I felt that Rick’s hallucinations, these dreams that he’s having of Shane and Hershel and Sasha, they’re giving him specific things he needs in the moment to keep going: Shane’s giving him this primal courage, Hershel’s reminding him of the heart of everything, Sasha imparts some wisdom and gives him the bigger picture, and he keeps looking for his family," Kang adds. "But I think if he were to see Lori and Carl in this afterlife, he might want to just stop because he’s found them, he’s home. His brain won’t even allow him to see them because he has to keep going for the family he still has, so that’s the heady part of it, and we never really need people to understand it, but that was our thinking behind why he does not see the two of them."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/05/the-walking-dead-carl-lori-rick-final-episode-chandler-riggs

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I was wondering why Lori and Carl made no appearances, so that helped shed some light (other than me assuming there's bad blood from Carl's actor given he was let go).

• Like Like x 1