Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Has Ann/Janis redeemed herself?

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Ubiq, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

By now, we finally get to see who she uses for an B. Is she worthy of respect now?

2. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

YES TIMES INFINITY!

MY BOI IS ALIVE!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I am glad she saved Rick but she will always be the garbage gal, trash tramp, refuse rat to me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

She did the right thing...I think...I hope, but there's still this little voice in the back of my mind saying "far as I can throw her".

She is all about self-preservation, this one. A lot will (hopefully) be answered when we see her next

• Like Like x 2
  5. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Do you think we do see see her again? She took Rick away and she was trying to get away from the group. Not sure she will be back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Same here, I too had thought previously (more than once) that she had turned for the good, only to be shown time and again that old habits must die hard, in this case really, really hard.

Father Gabriel's backstabbery was the last straw for me.

7. Seventh_son

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure that if was her last appearance TD would have said something; at least an acknowledgement to the actress.

We'll know for sure next week when the credits roll. She's main cast, so if she's still on the show she'll be listed whether she's in the episode or not.

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm torn about Jadis/Ann. I get why she may have felt like an outsider given her past, and why she would want to have a backup plan. When the Saviors went missing and her name was thrown out i'm sure she felt pretty insecure like the group could turn on her at anytime. Even Gabe was questioning her about what she saw in the woods like he was a bit suspicious, and he was someone she had grown close to. Plus, if Saviors were being killed whose to say they wouldn't kill her next for being part of a "bad group" in the past?

So i get that part. I don't like how she was willing (initially) to sacrifice Father Gabe for her own interests...but she did have a change of heart. She also had a change of heart when she saw Rick. So I think she's really struggling internally, and she WANTS to be loyal and fit in with the group but has lingering insecurities from her history with them. That's what i think. Yup.

She's gone now though...I've been so distracted with Rick's exit that it didn't occur to me for a while that she's gone too!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It was good that she saved Rick, but she did it to save her own skin. It wasn't like she was looking for him to save him, but only saw him at the last minute to get the chopper to land. We're now heading 6 years into the future, so will we see either Rick (in another character) or Jadis again?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm curious what her plan was before finding Rick. She had a gun, she didn't have an A or a B, so she was obviously planning to maybe hijack the helicopter or something. I wish I knew what her plan was lol.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I wish I understood what any of her relationship with these helicopter people is.

I may be misremembering some of her dialogue from last night/previous episodes, but it sounded like she was working with or for them in some way. There was a line about "I can't do this anymore, I want/need out" or something to that effect, which made it feel like they put her out there as some sort of assignment.

WTH is the assignment?

Like, my mind started going to some REALLY weird places - as in, is the whole Zombie Apocalypse in the U.S. some sort of horrific social experiment being conducted by outside forces and she was an implant or reporter-on-the-ground kind of thing. Like a bizarre Truman Show thing. Clearly not the case, but her dialogue is just so damn fishy and suspicious to me on what's going on and who are these people who still have helicopter fuel that hasn't degraded like all other fuel has to the point of our folks having to ride horses for transport.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I thought her gun plan was self preservation. I thought she figured she would have to kill them to save herself since she didn't have an A.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Helicopter fuel doesn't deteriorate the way auto gasoline does. Or at least airplane fuel doesn't.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It's obvious at this point that there's a lot about Jadis/Anne that we don't know. No matter what her reasons were, even though they probably were basically motivated by self preservation, she did save Rick's life.She didn't have to do that. It appeared she had some plan to hi-jack that copter and fly off on her own but as @Jen7 pointed out she's struggling with her better/worse self. Rick would have died had she not decided in the spur of the moment he'd make a good B for the copter people. The severity of his injury, with the possibility of infection and any number of complications that most surely could have occurred, would have done him in. As it was, it looked like if he was getting state of the art medical attention.

So in my book, she's earned a pass at this point. Future story arcs will determine whether or not she really deserved it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Seventh_son

For now, for lack of a better theory, I'm going to go with "A" being someone bitten but alive, "B" someone unbitten. Anne seemed intent on having "A"s bitten.

The why's and wherefore's are beyond me. They haven't given us enough raw material to work with to come up with any kind of decent supposition.

As a "B", she saved Rick's life, no question, but to what end? Something sinister? Maybe. He doesn't get home, and it's been years.

So thank you Anne, you came through when it counted (for us), but I won't turn my back on you for a second.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I can't figure out the "A" and "B" denotations either. Remember with Gabe in the JY, she said to him that she figured him for an "A"....... I would think being bitten or not wouldn't play out in that scenario if that was what it meant.
    I was thinking that it was in reference to someone being a leader or follower. Of course by labeling Rick a "B" - It must not be leader/follower (assuming A=leader).
    I'm at a loss on that.

17. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

We give her appreciation for saving Rick. But I wouldn't call it redemption because she only lucked up and saw him there and knew he would serve as her ticket onto that helicopter. She was gonna give them someone at some point before Gabriel found her out. She did change her mind about killing him. But the whole time her plan was to leave our group and go with the mystery helicopter folks. Before she saw Rick she was likely going to force her way on by gunpoint. So her saving Rick was just there at that time and place. Jadis which is what I will call her, is all about Jadis.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

No, she made herself worse. She used Rick to get away, and honestly she could have ignored the helicopter and attempted to help Rick on her own, getting him back to Alexandria. The argument could be made that she felt he was too close to death and felt that the helicopter people were her best option to save his life, and maybe that will be explored. Maybe she felt they could earn a trip back after he healed. But as it stands now, no I think she was selfish and should have done more to at least alert the group that Rick was alive.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Seventh_son

^^^Excellent points.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If these helicopter folks are as sinister as we think (ie using virus experiment on humans even though this might be for the purpose of finding a cure), then I wonder why Jadis would want to live with them. I just cannot think she will find a good and new life there. Granted that she feels that many people in ASZ, Hilltop...etc do not trust her, but this will and should change over time. Leaving Rick's camp and joining these helicopter folks sounds like a bad idea. Of course, the plot demands her leaving so that Rick could be taken away....

As far as her alerting the group that Rick is alive, I think she was far away from the camper and so she could not have written a note or something. And, the helicopter was about to land while she saw Rick, so she could not have time to create something on the site to convey the message to the group that she's taking an alive Rick away.

• Like Like x 3