Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Anger at this episode..

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Ubiq, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Went from crying to blaming Maggie/Carol/Darryl (mostly blaming Darryl for the skirmish with Rick leading up to this) to accepting Rick going out in a blaze of glory...

Now...It's a WTF moment.

I've never been more confused with a show until TWD.

Anybody else confused with emotions now?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Perhaps the end of Inception?

I dunno.... I am numb.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I still feel confused and awkward.

And those of us feeling that way are being called morons in another thread.

What a time to be alive!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

I am confused with my feelings as well and don't worry about the name callers....everyone has a right to their feelings and way of processing this show. Just immaturity for someone to call anyone Morons over a tv show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why he would leave on the helicopter and not come back. I thought his family was the most important thing to him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I wasnt really upset with it. The show did kind of pull a fast one on everyone and that's not for everyone. I'll definitely check out the Rick Grimes movies. There are plenty of reasons that rock didnt go back to his family. He was severely injured. How long does it take him to recover? After that, perhaps he is beholden to them or owes them a debt. I doubt they'll go that way. Maybe gets amnesia. Although that may be lame. Maybe they trick rick into thinking everyone died? Maybe these movies only cover a short period if time and he dies anyway?

There are a lot of different ways they could take this story that could cause him not to return

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. harleydude666

harleydude666 New Member

Good God, facepalm, do you need it spelled out for you? The movies are going to be about Rick in another story line, advanced civilization and him trying to make it back to his group all the while going through different adventures stalling his journey.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

No need to be so rude. If you re-read what you just quoted, they are basically saying the same thing you are. Just more nicely.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. harleydude666

harleydude666 New Member

Because it’s frustrating. I came here for some intelligent discussions and all i’ve read so far are some retarded theories. Give it a chance, if you don’t like the films or the stories then you can bash it. Until then, shut it up and enjoy we’re going to get more TWD and some movies involving Grimes to boot

And not only that, they gave us a reboot that looks fresh, just enjoy the time jump. It had to happen to further the series.

• Dumb x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Old x 1
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I am not one that disliked the ending at all, and believe me I also get frustrated when I want to go into a thread to discuss and it’s full of complaints but I just think it’s rude the way you’re name calling. I’m also seeing quite a few positive comments on the show...thankfully lol.

11. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I don't think Rick was on a helicopter leaving his family. Rather he was unconscious from his wound/the explosion and was some how saved by Ann. He seemed to me to be waking up while flying in the air.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

This was what I was going to say, but to further elaborate I don't believe he had a choice.

He created that explosion with the full intention of sacrificing himself for the safety of his family, probably not expecting to survive it. When he washed up on shore, as said above he was going in and out of consciousness, likely hallucinating or questioning reality, and that's how Anne got him in the helicopter.

However, seeing as there is going to be another time jump, this is where I also agree with the first quote. There's no way in hell Rick would go years accepting he can't see his family, so what happened there? (I'm a moron too at this point lol)

13. BountyHunter

BountyHunter New Member

What's with having another time jump? Didn't Fear the Walking Dead just have a time jump so they could catch up with the main show? Are they going to do another time jump too?

• Like Like x 1
  14. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Anger?? I just watched it, came here and the first thread talks about anger? I loved it, that saved the show for me - I'd been having a hard time caring much about this season, but determined to see it through to the end. Then they did that. Awesome episode. Especially awesome ending.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I agree with others that there can be possible explanations for him not getting back to his family, taken and held against his will potentially a great distance. I understand some not liking it but it is certainly possible for writers to come up with reasons.

16. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, everybody "gets it". You aren't the only one who understand it. Just some people, myself included, don't like the direction it's going.

We had an emotional payoff with his family and their reactions as well as having a wonderful exit for Rick. Realizing, at the end, that these people were his family all along and he would sacrifice everything he built to protect them.

Now not only is that payoff distorted by the audience knowing Rick is alive out there while everybody on the show thinks he is dead. It effects the emotional connection with the story. When we see characters reflect on long dead ones, we are connected because we too miss them. When they reflect back on Rick, we won't have that emotional connection because we know he's out there in helicopter land with Anne.

We'll also get the Rick and Anne trilogy, which will be full of hijinks keeping him from having the helicopter bring him home. It will be like watching GTA, "I'll help you, but you have to do this one thing for me".

So yea, we get it. But not all of us are happy with the direction.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

You do realize that basically telling people who happened to dislike how the episode went and dislike the general direction and calling them names... all because they dared to not like something that you do like... is not exactly intelligent conversation either?

It's a message board. It is for all discussion. That does mean that, Heaven forbid, there may be people who do not agree with you. That's not the end of the world.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. IfDarylDiesRiot

This.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Lame theories? I'll give you one. Rick has amnesia. He goes on to organize and run a new group. Eventually , Michonne pulls off the "face" of what she thinks is a talking walker but it turns out to be Rick underneath!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

What makes you think they time jumped to catch up with the main show? The only conclusion I drew was they time jumped so Morgan could join them.

• Agree Agree x 2