Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Anger at this episode..

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Ubiq, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Now knowing that we will be getting AMC movies that continue the story of Rick's journey I can see how they could make this work.

I would guess (big guess here of course) that the Rick trilogy will not pick up to conincide with the tv series time jump. Rather I think that the Rick trilogy will tell the story picking up from his arrival to wherever Jadis is bringing him. Maybe we will follow him on his road to recovery, maybe his fight to free himself from wherever he was brought and finally with his gaining his freedom and his journey back to Michonne and Judith. Possibly ending with his return for the series final season or at the very least series finale

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

You said it not me.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

He didn't have a choice about leaving on the chopper as he was incapacitated. The show just aired, so we have no idea what he has been up to the last 6 years during the time jump. To say "and not come back" seems a bit silly at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah i think we can safely say that if he had the ability he would come back...there must be something major preventing him or delaying him from doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It's not that he'll simply "accept" being away from his family when all he has to do is open a door or two and stroll on over like howdy-doodie... It's more like he's going to wake up in some place so far removed (possibly even on another continent) that the mere concept of returning immediately brings out a wall of impossibility that shuts the thought down.

It would be like you're going unconscious...
    And next thing you wake up in the Australian outback, except you don't even know where you are, never mind there aren't any airplanes flying that far but in this apocalypse even Wyoming could be a daunting distance to think about crossing.

Fighter or not, the captors (which is what these people are more than likely going to turn out to be, of course they'll most likely even keep us in the dark too) are not likely to divulge the location to their captives, it will take weeks and months just to figure out which island, where in the Pacific, for example.

Probably Mexico or out west thou, out where the people of FTWD encountered the military, out that way.

6. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Is there a particular reason you are being an asshat? Seriously. Tone it down, stop calling people morons or insinuating they are stupid because they don't think like you.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Creepy Crawlies

Your assuming he has the choice to do has he pleases after he recovers? He has essentially been traded to the Helicopter people by Jadis/Anne for refuge for herself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

One day far in the future while the group is searching a previously unexplored area, a familiar voice is heard coming from beneath a dumpster.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Calm down, buckeraroo. It might not be his fault he is being a douche-canoe.
    Maybe he just turned 13 and no one remembered his birthday or something....
    *cough*

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

We have to suspend disbelief and accept that Rick was blown into the river full of walkers and was able to float without being bitten to the river bank where he laid when Jadis saw him. I was relieved when she saw him but then it hit me that she would be taking him away. As far as I could tell it was not willingly as he was likely out of it. But when the copter flew off and disappeared I yelled "no way." 5 years of story just skipped. Still no more Rick. Completely different show for the same audience. We'll see.

And am I the only one questioning the choice to leave the show as the main character but still do the same role in 3 movies?

11. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Perhaps allows greater flexibility of timing and location of filming for Andrew Lincoln ?
    I dont know.

12. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Didn’t Jadis/Anne go with him? Maybe I missed something.

13. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Nope, that settles oddly for me, too. All I can figure is that Andy mostly wanted to be back home in England with his family. Gimple hinted that we might see "other places, other countries" or whatever affected by the Zombie Apocalypse. So, Andy got to go home and is filming the movies there, I assume, where he can still be with his family.

But this is, absolutely, still weird and awkward to process from a fan level. But, yeah, from just a professional level, this seems like someone leaving their desk job to take a similar position that is remote work-from-home instead.

14. LMT

LMT Member

I LOVED 99% of the episode. I thought it was a great send-off for an iconic character. The Shane bit was awesome, and I got teary-eyed watching Herschel. Then the f****** helicopter! Sorry, for me, that was a jump-the-shark moment. I'll maybe binge watch a few episodes down the line, read on here etc., but my Sunday nights are not something I look forward to anymore. F*** Gimple and his BS $$$$ idea. Rant over.,

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's definitely plausible. Jadis did mention that the helicopter would be flying far away. Maybe far away means somewhere they could set up to look like some areas possibly even another country. Meaning they can film these movies in London or close to it. I can go with that. Don't get me wrong. I love and respect Andrew and his decision. I just thought he was leaving TWD totally to get that much needed break from it.

16. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

That was what I had thought as well, which is why The Talking Dead's big announcement just furthered my awkward feeling last night.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm angry Judith's first lines weren't "Let me ask you something."

18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Ok, I've had a day to think about it. After giving it some thought and really thinking about the possibilities, I hate this idea even more.

Now before the "you just don't get it" crowd gets all moist, yes I get it. So does everybody else who hated the helicopter escape. We get it, we just don't like it.

Rick was given the perfect exit, I felt that his story came to a perfect end. He spent all this time looking for his family and they were there the whole time. So he spent his last moment sacrificing himself and the literal and figurative bridge he built in order to protect his family. Their reaction to seeing him "die" was perfect. Michonne lost her partner, Daryl looked like he didn't know what to do next. Now that he's lost his real Brother, he looked like a little kid thinking "Where do I go from here?". It was perfect.

Then he gets on a helicopter and is whisked away to safety. I'm sure the trilogy will explain why it takes more than 6 years for him to make it back to his family. I'm sure they will play the Michonne's Daughter angle with him. And I'm sure they will do a fine job explaining why he hasn't returned yet. Assuming that his trilogy will actually take place during the time jump we just had. So it's not like it will pick up 6 years later, it will be almost a prequel in a way.

However that emotional connection we will have will be weakened by our knowledge that he is still alive somewhere. Like I said before, when characters talk about those who died, we feel that sadness, the weight of that loss because we miss them too. With Rick, we will know he's still alive. All these characters suffering a loss while we know the truth. And assuming they are reunited at some point, we won't feel that impact because as the audience, we will know it's coming. Sort of like how this played out. Sure we were obviously impacted when we saw Daryl and Michonne's reaction to his "Death". But imagine how much more impactful it would have been if we didn't know it was coming.

Naturally I will continue to watch the series, I still have high hopes for it. And I will watch the Grimes trilogy. I'm in this for the long haul. But as it stands right now, I'm not happy with this decision.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

How come none of the regular crowd ever hears this helicopter? I mean, you’d think an unusual thing like that would be noticeable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. harleydude666

harleydude666 New Member

Good God, are you that stupid that you can’t believe someone in a helicopter saved his life??? Dude, if you think that’s jumping the shark you need to get laid so you’re not so angry with life all the time

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2