Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[905] What Comes After? We Rate it, Duh!

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 3, 2018.

?

Rate it. Now.

1. 10

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Celebration comes after!! What an episode!!

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. 8

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 7

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. What comes after C? D!! And that's what dis gets!

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. Nothing at all comes after this. Good Bye, TWD.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Well that’s no answer!

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sure it is!!

Whether you call it a tomato or a tomahto makes no difference. It is still scrumptious.

5 years or 6 years. Really makes no difference. Both could be considered significant time jumps.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Gurl, do not be givin' me the stank eye!!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

I am giving it a solid 9, for the Michonne and Maggie and the Maggie and Negan scenes alone, as well as seeing familiar faces and scenes from the past again. Ricks dream sequences were well done.

I am going to miss Rick like crazy and am sad that we are not going to learn all about him, Anne and the helicopter people anytime soon, as they said they were going to put all that into separate movies (and who knows when those will be released). Also, can't imagine how those films will go alongside the main show when the latter is now going to perform a 5-6 years hop into the future.

Apart from that, the previews for the upcoming story look awesome - I can't wait! It looks like the show is _finally_ going to focus on the zombie issue and human kind's future. No more boring perpetuum mobile conflict stories.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Last_Dog

Last_Dog New Member

Well looks like we'll pick up on our survivors about 4-5 years later? knee deep in rebuilding I'm sure. We'll probably get to meet the people who brought the all the medieval schematics to maggie, I think they are the helicopter people They probably have been a small group of academics who holed up somewhere and just observed the Apocalypse unfolding. Waited until a semblance of CIVILIZATION grew from the ashes and reveal themselves as some kind of overlords with a 2 season scheme to rebuild society ..their way. .

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I gave it a 8 mainly due to Andrew Lincoln's performance and the Maggie/Negan interactions but I think she should of killed him. The same as I think Rick should of last season, many times. I was not happy with the ending. They should of left it with the explosion and then just a shown a shot of the helicopter, leaving it open, not a definite he is alive.I think that was part due to all the people who complained about the cliffhanger with Glen that season and of course they wanted to promote the new movies.
    AMC or Gimble keeps trying to use the fans of TWD to try and promote all the spin off's, and that is irritating.The time jump is too far and too soon and we will probably get more flashbacks showing reaction to his believed death or not believed. Seems they don't learn from their mistakes.

8. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

The time jump also presents a logistical problem. If “now” is now six years later, then the “Rick movies” will likely all be set in the past. Who will care? Part of what makes the series interesting is the ensemble cast, which there will no longer be with stand alone films. It just smells like an experiment not ready for prime time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well it may still be an ensemble cast, just a different ensembly. The fact that these movies are apparently going to be spread out over years, it is quite possible at least 2 of them will come out after the TWD main show has ended. So people will be yearning for a Rick fix. We'll see how well they play out...

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I finally managed to watched it with the help of the mute button. Having the sound on for the scenes with Rick gasping and moaning and the walkers grrr arghing was too much for me.

I don't plan to watch it again--just too stressful, but it was a 10. I was so happy to see Hershel again. This is the episode they should dedicate to him. I loved all of the hallucination dialogue and underlying philosophy.

I wanted Negan dead dead dead, but even I would have left him to his misery. I know from the previews they are going to let him out someday, and then I will doubtless be incensed, but it was right for him live in this episode.

I appreciated the explanation above that TNT doesn't make a fireball and all, but I didn't know any of that at the time, and that was gorgeous in the moment. There is something heroic about the hero disappearing in fire, the way olden day kings could be put on a boat aflame and pushed off from shore to leave this world in radiant transformative glory. It hit the right note for me.

Rick being still alive--loved that, too. Everything everyone said against it is absolutely true, but the heart wants what the heart wants and I loved it. I loved the view out of the side of the helicopter, seeing Rick rise above this Earth and float away. Still makes me cry to revive that image.

This couldn't have been more perfect for me.

Daryl was perfection in his grief.

I adore our L'il Ass-Kicker.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cycles

cycles Member

9 for me. It was not a perfect episode but it was my favotrite episode of this season.

Loved the hallucinations and the “wake up” theme.

Rick did not get a chance to say goodbye to anybody in the real world but he said goodbye in his dreams. That was enough.

The Maggie and Negan scene was excellent. I consider JDM to be one of, if not the, best actor in this series. Too bad they cast him as an evil man because he has the acting chops to replace Andrew Lincoln as the heart and soul of the group.

Seems corny but I didn’t want Rick to die so I was happy that he survived. The helicopter rescue stretched our suspension of disbelief to the breaking point.

The transition to the Judith scene and the way they presented the time jump was excellent. I know that some people consider badass Judith to be over the top but I think it will add an exciting dimension to the show. That she saved those people without a second thought bodes well for how well the group is doing.

The previews were exciting.