Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by 8307c4, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Tripp Knightly

Tripp Knightly New Member

2. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Possibly. When she said it, I felt it was in relation to how long they had kept Negan locked up since that is actually the length of time for the time jump in the comics between the end of All Out War and the start of A New Beginning. Well, I guess it's supposedly between 1.5 years-2 years. Kirkman has a habit of not being highly accurate when he spitballs those kinds of timeframes. LOL

But it's definitely not a case of Negan having only been imprisoned for "a couple of weeks", is what I'm getting at.

3. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Like everyone else, I was waiting for Negan to bum-rush Maggie as soon as she opened that cell door. Once she threw him out on the floor, and he didn't go after her, I was watching to try to see if he had picked up anything, or done anything before heading back into his cell. I just don't trust him (or the writers) at all. While JDM is a fantastic actor, I really want to see Negan expunged from the TWD story all together!

4. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I would doubt that he is out. I don't think they would make that move without showing it on TV. If anything they probably improve his living conditions over the time jump and improve his morale. Now that the whisperers are set to arrive, they

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah he's not out.

6. Kill Judith

Kill Judith Member

Agree the show took a major downward spiral once Negan came along which is too bad since there was so much hype. Should have killed him off.

7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

They mistakenly thought that doing a direct adaption from page to screen was a good idea for his character because Negan was such a popular character in the comic. It just didn't work out though. Negan's kookiness in the comic works because you can still use your imagination quite a bit and turn him into the fearsome type of character needed for the story. Can't really do the same for live action though and if the show makes him a kooky character than there is no way to get around that. Negan should have been a far more serious character for the live action version.

8. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

They didn't adapt directly from the comic is the problem. The only person Negan gratuitously kills in the comic is Glen, and he does it with much less glee in the comic. They made TV Negan a far worse psycho.

He kills Spencer in the comic and makes it a point to tell Rick that he was turning on Rick and that he did him a favor by killing him. He didnt' do it as a big display in front of a group of people.

If they stuck to the comic more strictly I think Negan would be more redeemable in people eyes. Not a lot more, but a little bit I think.

9. HungryZombie

I could swear I saw the comics say "2 years later" in the 1st issue after all out war.

10. lastcat3

That wasn't official. That was just the editor making a guess. Kirkman has since given his own answer to the passage of time within the comic and it was closer to two and a half years than two.

11. HungryZombie

I meant literally it said "2 years later...." in the comic. I'm going to have to check now when I get home.

EDIT: Ah nevermind, I see I misread things here. We're talking about the show lol.

12. lastcat3

The two year timeskip in the comc wasn't official either as that wasn't Kirkman that said that.