Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hinting Caryl?

Discussion in 'Episode 907 - Stradivarius' started by offrope, Nov 19, 2018.

1. offrope

offrope Active Member

It almost seems like the writers are again hinting at Caryl. First, Carol doesn't mention to Ezekiel that she is going to see Daryl. Seems odd that she wouldn't mention that to her husband. When they go back to his camp, she notices that he hasn't fixed the boat "since last time", like she had been there relatively recently, and knew the boat was broken. Apparently it had been long enough ago that the boat could have been fixed. The haircut scene felt a lot more intimate than simply giving a haircut to a friend. All of their exchanges seemed like more than just friends. For example, in the dark scene, around the small fire, Carol fills a cup with coffee while Daryl talks to Henry. She looks around with a smile that made me think she wanted to go back to living a simple life like (or with) Daryl. Based on what I think is going to happen to Ezekiel, could they be hinting at Caryl in the future?

Of course, I could be imagining it, like some think Michonne is imagining a kid. On that subject, I noticed that Judith mentions that Michonne still talks to an imaginary Rick and Carl, but doesn't mention talking to an imaginary RJ.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The people want their Cake, and they want to eat it too! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The hair cut scene felt more motherly to me than anything

I just think that these two characters have a very strong familial bond with one another and cannot see it going beyond that, ever.

But then again I am not sitting in the writers room so what the hell do I know?

The only thing I am certain of is that I hope to hell they do not go down that road.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I see their relationship as more of a brother/sister thing. A very deep connection, but I don't believe there's any hint of romance to it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its Cake all the way down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

This is exactly it. Aside from Carol telling Daryl they should fool around and her "eat at the Y" joke....which is one of the best jokes in the series. There has never been a romantic angle to their relationship. It's deep love just not romantic love.

In a way it's like Rick and Daryl. They both deeply love one another just not in a romantic way. I see Daryl and Carol the same way. Just because they are opposite sexes doesn't mean they have to see each other that way.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I don't know if they would ever go there with them either. Then again, there is the possibility of something happening to Ezekiel. And teenage Henry was giving them both the side-eye looks most of their time together.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The writers have been hinting Caryl since season 2.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Not possible every new relationship must be interracial in some way.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Yeah I highly doubt Carol would be that trifling to flirt etc with Daryl like that in front of Henry whom she and Ezekiel sees as a "son".

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Whether it's romantic or not, it's so good to see the love and trust that's grown between them since the beginning. I loved that Carol was standing by with her bow ready watching the interaction between Daryl and Henry when they rescued Dog, and the little smile she gave when Daryl said he slept good the next morning. They have a true and genuine bond that seems unbreakable. I loved this entire episode but these scenes were the highlight for me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Nah, I always have had the opinion that it's a mother son type thing :D
    I think that there is something in carol that will always crave the wildside/ kickin a$$ and taking names and seeing Daryl's freedom and recklessness reminds her of that too

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The mother/son argument over Carol and Daryl has never made sense to me. Neither did the Daryl/Beth shipping. To me, Daryl was startled that Beth could remain so hopeful after she lost Hershel and (apparently) Maggie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Lol, I don't get the mother/son thing either. What kind of mom asks her son if he wants to fool around? Or jokes about eating at the Y?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I don't remember the eating at the Y comment. When was that said?

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Because the fool around thing was said early in season 3. I think in time the flirting just morphed into a very close deep friendship. And at times I believe that Carol demonstrates that friendship through maternal gestures, hence the mother/son vibe. Not that she loves him like a son, but just at times her care for him is rather maternal

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It was not really said per se. It was when they were both standing on top of the bus (Carol brought Daryl some food while he was on watch) during their first night at the prison after clearing the walkers. Daryl, in regard to leaving the top of the bus, says something along the lines of "I'll go down first" and Carol makes a snarky risque remark about that sounding like a plan to her.

18. PepperAnn

Ok that scene. I didn't think I remembered it wrong. Lol

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am laughing because pretty much any one of us on this forum at any given moment can , not only talk about any scene from any season in great detail, but we also know the episode title and more than likely the episode number! My sister (who is fairly new to TWD fan base) thinks this is some special, unique skill set that I, and I alone, possess. I am going to just let her continue thinking so LMAO!!!!

#19 Dnae, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. PepperAnn

We are definitely rabid fans. LOL!!!

• Agree Agree x 2