Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Captain Marvel

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Morgotha, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Worse than Aquaman.

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

*Shrug*

I thought it was a really fun adventure and Brie Larson/Samuel L Jackson have wonderful chemistry

• Like Like x 1
  3. Morgotha

To each their own. I have to give the director some credit, though. It's not easy to take an actress as talented as Larson and have her act completely wooden for two hours.

Movie's cons
    no emotional range at all
    superhero with no flaws, nothing to be exploited by the villain
    the whole pseudo-lesbian thing with her and her freind
    the second 1/2 the movie was cgi cr@pfest, and pointless. What's the point of the evil empire bringing in their exclusive warriors only for them to be wiped out in less than a minute. Why launch every missile on the exact same trajectory to all be wiped out at once? The fighter planes of a transgalactic empire are no match for one of our planes? It's embarrassing to watch such stormtrooperish cliches in a movie at this point
    the villains were unwilling to perform any violent acts, whereas the good people had no trouble shooting the villains
    And a minor point, what was the point of having 20 different eyes for Jackson to choose from? wouldn't most people want one that matched their other eye?
    Why did the alien scientist with an alien space ship come to earth to build her interplanetary drive with the help of the technologically primitive U.S. government?

Eh, I suppose my main gripe is that by the end of the film I hadn't developed any feelings for any of the characters at all. THAT, IMO is a bad movie.

Movie's pros
    The beginning on earth was nice where they showed a bunch of retro 80's ish stores and cars.

#3 Morgotha, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I liked Aquaman. What the eff is YOUR problem?

DC set the bar pretty low with Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad, so Aquaman was a huge leap forward.

I hate you now! Just kidding.

5. Morgotha

Obviously you didn't read my "Aquaman" post or you'd understand. It was so bad that just the mention of the ocean is traumatic to me now. Actually, after reflecting a bit, it probably was worse than Captain Marvel, I was just upset that Marvel was so *flat* when it had the potential to be so much more fun. Oh well, they can't all be gems.

I never saw Batman vs. Superman, so can't comment, and I'd put Suicide Squad in the "meh" category.

#5 Morgotha, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Pffft.... I don't need to read your Aquaman post, nor do I want to, nor do I understand, nor do I want to understand. Do you understand?

I can't believe you. I feel betrayed, hurt, stabbed in the back and in my junk. Aquaman had it's issues, but it was by no means a bad movie.

I've seen pretty much every superhero themed movie ever made and Aquaman isn't even close to being in the bottom half. Have you ever seen Daredevil? Cat Woman? Elektra? The Fantastic 4 Reboot? The George Clooney Batman?!?!?!

All of those.... way worse. And those are just a few examples. Thor 2. Ironman 3, Etc.... Gawd!

I think you're being a bit too harsh on Aquaman, and I will not rest until you change your mind or have been destroyed. Peace out.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Aquaman was just 'meh' for me. Captain Marvel had everything I hope to see in hero flicks though.

8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I heard it was shit. Or is that just coming from all of the peeps who don't like her because she's an outspoken SJW/Celeb stereotype?

I mean, I don't really care because it's not like I wouldn't do her if the movie sucked. The quality of her movie would be irrelevant to me if I made it that far. lolz

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Morgotha

From a movie perspective, Aquaman was so shocking in its awfulness that it pushed the memory of all other bad films out of existence.

At this point I'd go so far as to say Aquaman was worse than "Nell" or "Leaving Las Vegas". It was less dramatic than "Bong of the Dead". It had less of a plot than "Predator". It was as exciting as picking up dog mess off the lawn. Its imagery was as stunning as eggshell white. Watching it killed so many of my brain cells the only vocabulary word I have left to describe it would be "bad".

I don't want to sound too negative here though, so I will admit Aquaman reached the pinnacle of success at one thing. Since it came out across America at night older brothers sneak in to their younger sister's rooms and whisper "Aquaman" in their ears to make them wake up screaming in terror. As a tool for sibling abuse it excels like no other.

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm going to murder you in your sleep!

Just kidding. I'm not even THAT MUCH of an Aquaman fanboy. I couldn't care less, but I think I'm just offended on the basis that there's SO MANY worse movies out there. Did you even see Ghost rider? lol

11. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I've been looking forward to Aquaman. This makes me sad.

12. Morgotha

Hee hee, I thought Ghost Rider was fun.:oops: There are different standards for things that don't really TRY to be blockbusters.

13. Morgotha

Some people liked it, and who knows, you might be one of them!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's not the worst superhero film made, but it's not very good. It's more like some of the cheesy ones that they did during the 90s than the level of quality you've come to expect from most of the more recent ones. What makes it even worse is I think they cast the right person to play the lead, in Jason Momoa, but it was still pretty bad. Patrick Wilson and Nicole Kidman's characters were horrendous. I wanted to drown them myself.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Okay this explains A LOT! You thought Ghost Rider was "fun". I bet you liked Snowpiercer too. LMAO

16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'm sure Aquaman's pretty bad and that I'll hate it (maybe not as much as the other superhero crap Jama mentioned), but that's some pretty dumb stuff to say.

Not necessarily a big fan of Leaving Las Vegas, but I can't think of many superhero films that would be "better"...

17. Morgotha

It's pretty dumb to say I'm wrong before you've seen the movie yourself!:rolleyes:

#17 Morgotha, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  18. Morgotha

I've never seen snowpiercer. It sounds bad from the title though, LOL!

Hee hee hee! Nicholas cage turning into a flaming skulled Satanic warrior on a motorcycle? What's not to like?

19. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

No surprise, I don't think you understood what I said. You say it's worse than Leaving Las Vegas, which is a dumb thing to say, because there's not a lot of superhero films that could hope to be compared to that film.

Aquaman is worse than Raging Bull too. Nobody needs to see the film to agree with me.

20. Morgotha

Well, you're the first person I've spoken to that actually *liked* Leaving Las Vegas, so there's that.