Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Minor or Major Problems with Split Screen Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by CBK LEONIDAS, Nov 13, 2012.

1. CBK LEONIDAS

CBK LEONIDAS New Member

Hey Ladies and Gents,

As the title suggests I have issue with the Split Screen Multiplayer layout where, when a game starts the screen is split horizontally perfectly but isn't wide enough left to right. So I and my Friend have HUGE Gaps of Black between the edge of the screen and the image. Any Suggestions?

Changed the settings in the Options menu for BOTH Gamer Profiles to Fit the screen perfectly. Applied the same issue to MW 3 and never encountered the issue, using game on 360. Both Gamer Profiles have Gold.

2. HenryTheFish

HenryTheFish New Member

I am also having this problem. Also, when playing splitscreen I can not see the killfeed.

3. zlightning

zlightning New Member

Split screen issue

I am also experiencing the split screen issue playing multiplayer on a wide screen tv, and it's as if the split screen mode is resizing down to the 4:3 aspect ratio, creating grey vertical bars on the left and right side of screen. Text gets cut off when viewing menus (like change options). Been playing MW3 like this up to yesterday with no issues. Any hints? Is this a bug?

4. stim

stim New Member

I don't think it's a bug because split screen was the same way on BO1. I'm pretty sure it's set up so that both screens maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio -- if both sections took up the entire width of the screen then the picture would have to be stretched out.

5. Stedy76

Stedy76 New Member

It's a problem for me, as Halo 4 did the same in split screen, so I traded it in for Black ops 2. As I new that every COD game (including the 1st Black ops) splits the screen correctly without any bars at the sides...I'm disapointed Black ops 2 has now included the black bars. it's somewhat OK on my 42" TV but alot of the time the game will be played on a smaller 28" and I can see this becoming painfull. I hope this gets fixed soon.

6. HenryTheFish

HenryTheFish New Member

My main problem is that I can't see the killfeed. :/

7. CBK LEONIDAS

CBK LEONIDAS New Member

BLOPs 1 didn't have the same issue, I just tried it. Changing the 'Safe Zones' does nothing either.. Would be curious to here what Treyarch have to say about this..

8. Stedy76

Stedy76 New Member

Ive a fix... move the horizontal bars all the way in in safe area (so it resembles 4:3) then switch on dual play (works fine on standard tv) then start a splitscreen game and the black bars should be gone...it's working for me :)

9. tattooXXXchick

tattooXXXchick New Member

split screen

I have the black sides when we play split screen too but a huge issue I'm having is glitching/flickering of the 2nd player (bottom) screen. During game play the bottom screen will have black lines flickering throughout the game, totally random, constantly and the kill cam flickers so badly you can't watch it. I exchanged the game so I know its not the disc... It only happens in the bottom and none if the other games bo/mw have had this issue. I would love to know if anyone else has this problem and if its fixable... Thanks

10. azzronulation

azzronulation New Member

We also get the flickering on split screen multiplayer. I have no idea what it is, it looks like its struggling to render the second players game.

I thought it was our Xbox but it may not be the case if others are having the same issue.

11. Dylan767

Dylan767 New Member

Works fine for me.

12. UoG

UoG Active Member

Any solution to the black bars?

I remember in BO1, multiplayer had the black bars but zombies didn't, for me anyways.

13. Mast3r Monk3y

Mast3r Monk3y New Member

To fix this go to each account separate and set the screen size. if only one is set it will cause this issue!!