Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer LMG Faggin'

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by A.C, Jun 16, 2013.

1. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

So... LMG Faggin'... it's bloody great.

My gunskill is decent - but I'm not a moonwalk-strafing, 360 turned on, drop-shotting, dolphin-dive for cover, while taking out multiple hostiles, capping all three flags simultaneously using an SMG kinda guy. I'm just not that good. I can't snipe for sh1zzle either and get too bored too camp!

My best asset is positioning and understanding the mini-map - I'm not perfect, no one is, but it is what I'd consider one of my strongest traits in BLOPS2/COD's therefore I'm great with an AR. Give me any AR any day of the week, and I'll give a solid performance. I just need the adjustable stock.

Anyway - as a few will know - I literally just play Domination. Fed up of Dom and the BS that comes with it (mis-matched teams, rage quitting, boosters, where shall I stop?) I decided to play a bit of Team Camp Match.

A couple games in (bare in mind, I haven't played TDM since the games release almost) I remembered just how campy the TDM mode was. TF-LMG-Faggin' galore. Every window, every choke point, every player (well almost).

Having just Prestiged, most of the "good stuff" was locked, so I put together an LMG class with the MK48 - 8-months into the game and it's the first time I unlocked it LOL. I think my TDM SPM is 240 and my KDR is 4.22. My mentality? I'm usually a pro-active objective-based, but sensible, AR user - with the LMG however, I play a withdrawn AR role. Defensive, but not camp, using my knowledge of the map(s)/spawn(s).

Why would you want to play any other way - it feels too easy, especially in non objective based modes? For the record I have two set-ups:

Stock & Quickdraw

or

RDS & FMJ

Rest of the class is: Lightweight, Hardline, Toughness, Cold-Blooded (for the pesky Target Finders) and Dexterity.

Who LMG's it up? Give us your thoughts. I understand why the playstyle is so popular now. To camp with one puts you in a very strong position. Rushing, or at least a form of rushing (due to the movement penalty) is also possible, but with a considered approach.

I'm going to continue using them, and NO I DO NOT USE THE TARGET FINDER.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BoabMcScruff

BoabMcScruff Active Member

I smell an OP debate coming. They are pretty much the strongest weapon type in tdm imo. Not in any other game mode which makes them not op. Balancing wise I think op is game mode specific in this game.

For the mk and lsat.
    I used to use lightweight butafter a while I stopped fighting its speed and embraced its power. For holding down the pose positions I went with duelband fmj and QuickDraw, flack toughness, dex and tax mask.

Forms more mobile class try this.
    hamr
    Stock,qd
    Flack and lightweight
    Toughness
    Dexterity. (2 left for ur choice)

The hamr is the lightest lmg and isn't much slower than the scar h, its fire rate in the first 4 bullets means people just go down. So its kills faster than the scar, isn't much slower has a larger mag. Sorta the type 25 version of the lmgs.except usefull lol

3. BoabMcScruff

3 attempts that took. Hatin this new layout. Not phone friendly.

4. nukeshooter

nukeshooter Active Member

I really enjoy the LMGs in this game, and I like the variety that they gave across the board. I run a very similar setup with each, usually loading up with attachments and perks and forgoing tac/lethals and secondaries. Common set up:

LMG + quickdraw + silencer/sight + something else
    Lightweight
    Toughness
    Tac Mask
    +2 more points, usually for hardline or another perk 3

Quickdraw handle is an obvious choice to help me stay competitive at all ranges; I like a silencer or a sight to cut down/see through the muzzle flash to stay on target; and then a third attachment like stock or fmj depending on the game mode and what role I'm filling.

Toughness helps stay on target, and tac mask helps me dig in when necessary. Lightweight because I hate to feel slow, even if I'm not playing as a "mobile turret".

I then grab an extra perk like hardline if I'm using the LMG range to stay alive and rack up kills, or another perk like dexterity or engineer to give me an advantage across a variety of ranges.

I love the LMGs with the pick 10 system because you can really customize your weapon for a variety of engagements, whether you want to grab the hamr/qbb and go for high power/high mobility, or dig in with tac mask and toughness and an mk48 to punish some sight lines.

5. Captain Price

Captain Price Well-Known Member

The MK48 is a beautiful LMG. So powerful. I rip the other team to pieces on Nuketown with it.

6. nukeshooter

nukeshooter Active Member

I was using the dual band mk48 last night, and it made me wonder, why does everyone complain about the target finder but not the dual band? It's pretty well as obvious as the TF diamoinds, AND it can see through smoke.

Is it because it's unlocked later and less used?

7. BoabMcScruff

Probably due the fact you can still see the mini map. I think its way stronger than the target finder myself and that's why I use it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andio

Andio Member

Same here, I just posted this in the Class of the Moment thread but it appears I can post it in here as well as it's on topic.....

Mainly a Dom player, this has been serving me well lately.

MK48, Dual Band, Silencer, Quickdraw.
    Lighweight & Hardline
    Toughness
    Dexterity

Perk 1 Greed & Primary gunfighter

This class is naughty for me lately, I never really get high streaks & used to run UAV, Counter Uav & Sentry Gun.

Just lately with this setup I've upped it to Stealth Chopper, VSAT & Warthog! :D

I play a mixture of rushing (yes with this setup it's possible! :eek: ) & holding down choke points.

Love it :)

9. RRock

RRock Active Member

I don't use LMGs, nor care to, as LMGs are best implemented when camping and being annoying. There is a reason why you don't see LMGs in competitive play.

I didn't come here to talk about LMGs, though; I came here to simply say that the thread title made me laugh. Brilliant. Sorry, I'm stealing this for my use on Live haha

10. Rivah Clearout

Rivah Clearout New Member

That's usually my LMG class but I do more pubstomping so I use a lot of SMGs and ARs but if I play SnD I'll use a LMG if the enemy is.