Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Precision Master

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by A.C, Jun 25, 2013.

1. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Just looking for some tips on the following challenges for the Precision Master card:

Wet-Work? Get 10 kills (a merciless medal) using a class equipped with no items?

Also.. I just got 10 headshots with the Kap-40, I only used the Kap-40 in Nuketown Dom - the after action report clearly showed 10 headshot medals - yet the Pistoleer challenge is not complete; does anyone know why?

Really frustrating challenge - in 3 games, I got 8 headshots, then 9, and lastly 10 - but since the challenge is still incomplete (baffling TBH) I gave up - surely the KAP 40 is considered a pistol right?

Could it be that the last headshot which incidentally was the final kill (kill-cam) didn't register because there wasn't enough time for the game to acknowledge the process of awarding me the pistoleer challenge due to the clock running out of time before the medal could actually come up during gameplay?

2. nukeshooter

nukeshooter Active Member

I read in another thread that the wetwork challenge can be completed by picking up guns, just can't start with anything

3. theedeadmau5

theedeadmau5 Active Member

this is 100% true

as far as the pistoleer challenge, im at a loss. the kap40 is definitely a pistol and i doubt you were robbed because it was the final kill. maybe it just gltiched, kinda like when someone gets a 10 foot tomahawk kill and the game awards them a hail mary. shitt happens man. all you can do is try again, but i doubt you want to haha.

4. Captain Price

Captain Price Well-Known Member

I can't get Merciless medals with a fully loaded out class of perks and weapons, so I'm not even going to attempt Wet-Work anytime soon.

I got Pistoleer with my Five-Seven by accident when just going for headshots.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Well-Known Member

Concerning the Pistoleer challenge , what game mode were you playing AC? I know your propensity to play Dom but I think theres an issue where you have to get the headshots in 1 round if you play a multi round game such as dom, ctf. s&d, or Demo. I would suggest playing TeDiuM or KC Or possibly HP so you would have the entire game to complete the challenge instead of a single round.

6. theedeadmau5

i just tried to do this ish, i get more headshots not trying.

7. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Yep... sadly - the 10 HS's were across 2 Dom rounds - they need to be done in one... so my KD took a battering across 4-5 games for no reason!

The Slice 'n' Dice challenge is a real kick in the balls too. Because I just wanted to do the challenge, I made the mistake of throwing caution to the wind and just running around trying to knife anyone.

I completed it, but if I was a bit more thoughtful about the process I would have done it withoug going 11-32 first up.. my best result was 17-17, I got the challenge done at 15-17, then switched to an AR and quickly got a couple of kills with no deaths.

- I have return to sender to do
    - RC-XD with a combat axe
    - Wet Work
    - Pistoleer
    - 5 stick medals.

Any tips would be appreciated. Although I have a good idea of how I'm going to do most.

For Wet Work:

I'm going to use this class
    MK48
    Primary Gunfighter
    Extended Cip,
    Suppressor
    Reflex.
    Tac Insert
    Frag.

- I will plant the Tac Insert in a nice spot.
    - Change to the Wet-Work Class
    - Cook my frag until I die
    - Respawn
    - Pick up my Nice MK48 and use it in a campy manner.

Opinions?

8. DonKilla

DonKilla Member

Seriously just try it, I got my first brutal no perks; Scrub lobbies can make anyone look like a monster pub stomper

9. nukeshooter

nukeshooter Active Member

That is a good idea for wetwork, might work just fine.

For the stick medals, run fast hands, double semtex, and scavenger. It's actually very similar to using tomahawks, but the semtex moves more slowly through the air. Just play a game mode where you can predict enemy movements (like Dom, where you know which flag they spawn at and what routes they'll take), and start nailing semtex nades through doorways, windows, and whenever you see people.

Having fast hands will also allow you to do the return to sender medal. When you pick up a grenade with FH is resets the counter to 2.5 seconds, making it much easier to toss back and time it to kill someone.

10. S.Boomstick

S.Boomstick Member

There is a super easy method that can be used for return to sender. Use fast hands, two frags and scavenger. Throw your own frag at a wall, pick it up and throw at enemy. If it gets a kill it counts as a thrown back grenade kill. My first 8 took forever and the last 17 were achieved in 4 matches using this technique.

11. theedeadmau5

dayummmm, i must say im impressed. just like you pick up your own thrown frag in the return to sender challenge, you pick up your own gun. this is genius. its amazing how hard it is to use someone else's gun.

and now i feel like an idiot

12. Bullet Magnet

will that work? if you dont have a weapon equipped then you dont drop it. I notice people only drop the shield if they had it in use

13. theedeadmau5

you start the game with the weapon you want to use to get the merciless, lay a tac insert, kill yourself away from the tac insert but close enough to know where your gun is and while you are waiting to respawn switch to the class with no items equipped. then go get your gun

14. Bullet Magnet

it wont work that way. you cant commit suicide and drop your weapon. you have to be killed by an enemy.

15. Fish codf

Fish codf Member

You could build up a few support scorestreaks like VSAT and EMP with a regular class, and then make the switch to a no items class and use them after you find a gun, get your first kill or tac insert to your weapon. I think you might have more fun doing the challenge by picking random weapons off the ground then tac inserting with the MK, but that's subjective of course.

I agree with BM that either some or all of the time, challenges don't carry over to the 2nd round of dom, which blows.

The five sticks are easy if you take the shield and concussions to FFA. Find someone, spam concussions, sneak to the side and line up the throw, done.

RCXD and the axe is a lot of luck. I'd recommend getting in to some kind of medium/ long range line of sight when you hear it called in. You attract the RCXD's attention, and hopefully it drives straight at you. Close quarters is a bad idea, unless the guy gets stuck on a wall or something.

16. theedeadmau5

luckily if you hit the shot but die from the explosion the challenge will still be completed

17. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Bump....

I've just completed Wet-Work (Earn a Merciless Medal using a class equipped with no items/0-points)

Thoroughly proud of this achievement!

What I have left, that I'd love some advice on:

- Pistoleer: 10 Pistol Headshots in a game
    - Tick-Tick Boom: 5 Stick Medals in a game
    - Say Hello: Hip-fired Triple kill using LMG/SMG (I reckon I can get this if I keep using an SMG class and play concious to the Say Hello challenge)
    - Trick-Shot: Destroy RC-XD with a Combat Axe!

18. S.Boomstick

S.Boomstick Member

I got the pistoleer by using a kap 40 playing core kill confirmed on nuketown. 5 sticks I ran scav, two semtek's and pretty much had to catch most people from behind where I could make sure I got the stick. Say hello I used the QBB because the high rate of fire worked better getting the triple than the more popular but slower Lsat and sub's can run out of ammo too fast. Trick shot....good luck as few people use the rcxd cause it sucks. Mine was just luck. RCXD got hung up on a object and stopped right in front of me. In all cases I played with the sole goal of completing the challenge. I didn't worry about anything else. Some challenges just happen by playing, some will never happen unless you are focusing on just the challenge. Playing K/C (core) helps for most challenges as the games are longer. You can also avoid yellow tags and only pick up red tags to help keep the score of both teams down and extend the match. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  19. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Spot on!

Thanks!

I totally forgot about Kill Confimed, that is almost always likely to go the full time-limit since the score to win was increased to a 100. I was playing Hardpoint as that is also a longish game mode - but Kill Confirmed is much better.

I shall start going into small map K/C games with a KAP-40.

The sticks challenge seems as if it's going to be difficult - however once I have done it, and despite how powerful C4 is, I will equip all of my classes with a Combat Axe in the hope that one day I will nail an RC-XD.

20. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Completed the 'Say Hello' challenge last night.

Couple of quick rounds of Hijacked Kill Confirmed was all it took! I've been using Assault Rifles pretty much since the balancing patches in January, so much so that I forgot just how much I used to like the MP7 and that I can actually embrace a rush heavy game, unsilenced. I prefer the MP7 to the PDW and MSMC; it's a beast with a lazer sight and the recoil is straight up (if you even ADS).. I digress..

In respect of Precision Master; the following remain:

- 5 Sticks in a game (FML, I'm not looking forward to this)
    - 10 Pistol headshots.
    - RC-XD Trick-Shot
    - Thrown back grenades (but I'm doing this slowly, slowly, so I'm not overly concerned about it, althought it is a bore as I'm so effective with the C4 sandwiches)