Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Men's Skincare

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by Chris092881, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Chris092881

Chris092881 Active Member

Okay, so the topic might sound a little "feminine." But, believe it or not, this should be something that all you guys should be doing on a regular basis. Growing up I had some acne. It wasn't too bad, but it stuck around for a few years. I tried everything and in the process picked up some knowledge over that time period simply by doing my research or just good old fashioned trial and error. Here's what you should know.

Use a facial cleanser specifically made for the skin on your face. DO NOT use a cheap bar soap meant for the body. Buy a face wash according to your skin type. Dry, normal, combination, oily, or acne-prone. They all contain different ingredients. And stick with it. Results aren't always seen in a few days or a couple weeks. Be patient. Get something that doesn't contain a harsh foaming agent like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). A new product can sometimes take a month before you see improvement.

Moisturizer! Use it. Again, this is a no brainer. You will look ten years younger once you hit 40 if you start moisturizing now. And that's a fact. You can purchase oil-free versions if you're a combination, oily, or acne-prone skin type. These can be costly, but well worth it. Splurge on this one and go for quality. I could recommend some.

Shave. We all have to do it. Get yourself a cream or gel that DOES NOT foam up. The foam is just an illusion that tricks your brain into thinking it's somehow protecting your face from the razor. It's not. You don't have to spend a ton of money on this one as long as you follow the criteria I mentioned.

Last, but not least, aftershave. It's a scam. Dump your moisturizer over your shave and you're good to go. Lots of aftershaves are loaded with alcohol, and that doesn't help your skin out at all. Especially if you have oily skin. It just drys out your face, which then in turn overproduces more oil to supplement the dryness. It's one big vicious cycle. And it's a bad idea.

Let me know if this helped any of you out. As I said, I could recommend some brands or products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

Are you some sorta queeroseckshual?

Boy get out of here before I get mah gun.

3. Chris092881

If being a "queeroseckshual" helps get me sex with attractive straight girls, then yes. I am.

4. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

You must be metrosexual Chris. Metrosexuals care about their appearance just as much as women.

I just like to make sure my hair isn't a mess and I'm wearing clean clothes every day. If I meet that criteria, I'm good...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris092881

Nah, I'm not metrosexual. I don't consider taking care of the biggest organ in your body, and the one people see most, anything other than normal. But that's just me. I'm not a flashy dresser or anything. Just out of curiosity, what are you guys using to wash your face with since my way seems so foreign? Brillo pads?

6. TheUser

TheUser Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't mind anyone taking care of themselves. In fact, teenagers needs to be taught about chemicals in junior high in my opinion.

Facial Cleanser
    I do use one I bought a while ago. It's pretty good, but I didn't check the ingredients, so you have SLS, Perfume, Propylparaben and all those nasty bells and whistles.

Shave
    Oh boy, this is a good one. Get yourself a safety razor or a cutthroat and build your own lather. (yes, foam protects)

Aftershave
    Don't use alcohol based aftershave or something that comes out of a pressurized can. That's all you need to know.

Toothpaste
    Be vary of the effects of sodium fluoride. It is in fact one of the most poisonous chemicals in existence, but it will also help repair your cavities. As for protecting against cavities, I'm not so sure, so consider using something else in tandem or as a replacement, like Xylitol or Sorbitol.
    Find a toothpaste that doesn't contain a lot of gunk like SLS, Titanium Dioxide, Limonene, Bytulparaben, Propylparaben and stick with it. You might have to go on the internet to find it, but that is not a concern. Tom's Maine is a very good brand, free of bullshit. I myself use Jordan Complete Protection because it contains no SLS and has fluoride, xylitol and sorbitol all in one package.

Last but not least, Use Baking Soda. I can't describe how awesome baking soda is for cleaning off teeth stains. Way, way better than any whitening toothpaste and way cheaper. Just be vary that baking soda won't help against cavities.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

What is this I don't even

8. TheUser

TheUser Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Do not be afraid, it's just someone who knows what they're talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

People should not judge someone with good hygiene and takes care of themselves.

I myself am self conscious at times, but that's a good thing. At least I think it is...

I use over the counter methods and medicines, but usually just stick to washing my face thoroughly.

Never had super bad acne or anything, sometimes I get a few blemishes but nothing crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris092881

Good list. And yes, you're right, creating your own shave lather in a bowl with a product like Trumper's is far different than using the foamy, chemical crap that comes in a pressurized can.

11. Chris092881

Agreed, Sulq. To each their own I guess. Once I got on a good grooming routine my confidence went up as a result. Like you said, it's just about taking care of yourself. You don't have to go overboard with what you use or how much you spend.

12. markzombie82

markzombie82 Active Member

On the other hand I never had pimples and I attribute that to never using soap on my face. Gross right but never drying your skin out let's your body do what it does naturally and I only use shampoo.

sent from my pack a punched an94

13. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Well-Known Member

I'm a narcisist...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

are you guys gay or sumthin/

15. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

I use soap……

• Like Like x 1
  16. guehwyvar

guehwyvar Active Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Sum1 has an ugly face!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

Am I the only one who can't fhucking stand shaving? It's annoying as fhuck. I don't use much shaving products, just warm water. As for skincare, I've got just about every fhuckin' thing proactive sells. Which some of them can be irritating to your skin and make it burn a little, but it works pretty well. They need to have classes in high school about how to take care of yourself because I've seen some kids that don't know what the fhuck a shower or a toothbrush is, and it's pretty disturbing.

19. TheUser

TheUser Super Moderator
    Staff Member

"just warm water"

Good lord, no wonder.

Right then, say hello to your new hobby.

Introductory video

Learn

20. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I hate shaving too. The feeling of the razor passing over my face, makes me feel like someone has me tied to a chair and is threatening me with permanent disfigurement, if I don't squeal like a little piggy. That's my honest opinion on shaving and I'm the one holding the damn razor. That's messed up...