Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Zombies The new starting pistol: good or bad?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by BlackOps, Aug 11, 2013.

1. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

Why do you guys think about having the Mauser as the starting pistol for origins? Hopefully it's more powerful than the m1911 but if it is it could wreck the map. The new pistol was announced in the apocalypse dlc trailer for those who don't know.

2. markzombie82

markzombie82 Active Member

It doesn't matter unless it is a better mustang and sally!

sent from my pack a punched an94

3. Ging2487

Ging2487 Member

Well nobody can really answer that seeing as nobody has played Origins yet...

4. Ourobos

Ourobos Active Member

Wow, I thought the 1911 was tradition. I like the other new gun.

5. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

I mean just from them announcing it. Like whether you think it's good that they've changed the pistol for this map or whether it will affect gameplay.

6. markzombie82

markzombie82 Active Member

I hope it sucks so I can empty two clips into a zombie's leg and then knife him lol.

sent from my pack a punched an94

7. otherkrab

otherkrab Active Member

This is a good thing, It is showing that they don't want to be tied down to the same ideas. The 1911 is useless until PaP'd and quite frankly this should have happened a long time ago. Whether or not it will be equal to or greater than the1911 is kinda irrelevant, the fact that they have changed a staple of the base game means that this series is ready for an evolution If Treyarch are to make another Call of Duty game.

8. esmittystud101

esmittystud101 Active Member

It could have been the wonder weapon the way I see it. Atleast we get more than one new weapon on the dlc. I guess im just seeing the brighter side of things.

9. gmaat3

gmaat3 Active Member

Well if it's exactly the same stat-wise I don't really see the point since we'd basically be stuck with the same thing as before except it looks different... which would be kind of a waste in my opinion.

Hopefully it's stronger so that there's an incentive to actually use it beyond round 3 but not too strong so that you don't have to worry about buying other guns for a while. I could see it finding a nice middle ground where it might be decent until round 8-10 with double tap, but knows for sure until we play it

10. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Neither, TBH while it probably won't turn into the mustang and sally when PAP'd, for the most part the mauser will probably be nothing more than a reskin persay of the starter pistol.

11. 2legit

2legit Member

Id say its basically the same damage wise in the beginning but upgraded its pretty sweet, people really like it upgraded, ammo is low of course

12. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Would have preferred the five seven instead of the Mauser or a good old Luger.

13. KrazyBadMonkey

KrazyBadMonkey New Member

Regular: Bad.
    Pack-a-punched: Very good.

14. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Wtf^ nice necroe.

I will add though, the Mustang and Sally is pretty awesome. Got it yesterday when playing, but remember to have Jugg so you don't blow yourself up!

15. musky

musky Active Member

the new pistol sucks,give us our mustang sallys back,let us play and stop keeping stuff from us trearck..

16. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Mauser is a BB gun till Pack-a-punched...spitting at the Zombies might do more damage...lol

17. MattMin2000

MattMin2000 New Member

I liked the pistol, honestly. The pistol was cool and the design of it felt better than the default one. It looked like an old pistol and the design of it did match the setting of Origins. I don't know if it did more damage but it sure felt like it. The sound effect was also cool and the overall feel of it was much better than the default pistol in the other maps. However pack-a-punched, Mustang and Sally blows it out of its water.

18. valiantx

valiantx New Member

Any pistol will do for I, so long as it continues to decimate the mass of zombies that continuously attempt to devour my flesh and brain!

Although, I have to admit, the Mauser doesn't give that bang against zombies like the M1911, and the former is not as great looking compared to the latter gun.

19. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

Not sure if it will be better or not, but it's always fun to switch it up. I hate it when a game has the same weapons available, part of the fun of these games is using different weapons.

20. valiantx

valiantx New Member

I disagree, because from my personal experience and from reading summarized studies of human psychology, people do worst in choosing things when more is available to them. In natural life, a hunter or soldier, isn't going to switch between multiple weapons to kill or slaughter his/her target(s), for he/she will primarily use two weapons most of the time to do the job; this is the problem I see with video game players, which I believe will prove detrimental to their abilities in natural human society.