Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer MOST OVER POWERED GUN IN BO2??

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by COD Montages, Sep 13, 2013.

1. COD Montages

COD Montages Member

Could The LSAT be the most over powered gun in the game, what do you guys think? no recoil very strong gun 100 rounds per clip.

2. MadCaptainCrunch

MadCaptainCrunch Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say any of them are overpowered, but the Tac, FAL, M8A1, PDW, and Remington are scary.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

The PDW is such a 'little kid gun' now. It's like a toy.

I say the M8A1 is the most overpowered.

• Like Like x 1
  4. musky

musky Active Member

any shotgun.

5. RRock

RRock Active Member

LSAT overpowered? No, I don't believe so, due to its miserable handling times.

The most OP gun currently being used in League is the M8A1, without a doubt. Best stats all around. Most overpowered gun in pubs is the FAL, but nobody uses it right, so to most players it's just another gun.

6. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

How does one use the FAL?

7. RRock

RRock Active Member

At or near the fire rate cap. If you can do that with a semiautomatic FAL, it's the best gun in the game, bar none.

8. dutchpunk

dutchpunk Active Member

LSAT no. Al LMG's are slow. Without stock hard to follow smg lightweight players.
    Maybe the best LMG from the 4 but that's it.
    And is it belt fed is doesn't has a clip

• Like Like x 2
  9. ShockUnitBlack

No guns in the game are "overpowered," so to speak, right now. Some guns are stronger than others and some are extremely powerful in their respective element, but none are what you'd call OP - with one possible exception as far as I'm concerned.

That exception is, IMO, two Dual Wielded Tac-45s. Against a single target at less than ten meters, these things clobber everything except shotguns, which they basically match. Viewed as a secondary weapon (eg. not as a primary weapon), they are debatably overpowered.

Guns I consider to be good (by class). Keep in mind that I play on PC and thus have slightly different factors to think about in rating gun than console players (for example, recoil is very easy to control on PC, unlike on console).

Best long-range gun: The SMR (way better than conventional sniper rifles)
    Best mid-range assault rifles: The FAL, SCAR-H, and AN-94 are all decent
    Best SMG: The MSMC - although the Skorpion is better at less than ten meters or so
    Best shotgun: The R870 (although I don't particularly like shotguns thing as they tend to limit your tactical flexibility by restricting your range)
    Best LMG: The MK-48

Best Pistol: Tac-45 Dual Wielded overall, although the FiveseveN is a better jack-of-all-trades gun

My "OP" class -

SMR with the MMS and Stock attachments
    Dual Wield Tac-45s
    Lightweight, Scavenger, and Awareness perks
    1x Bouncing Bettie, 1x Shock Charge

This provides a good mix of tactical options (long and short range guns, defensive tools, and decent mobility courtesy of Lightweight and Stock) that don't leave you with many real weaknesses (that's why I perceive this class as "overpowered," or powerful at the very least).

10. DonKilla

DonKilla Member

lol guns are "balanced" it's some core game mechanics and map designs that make some weapons seem overpowered

11. Ghamorra

Ghamorra Active Member

You really have to pay attention to the situation in which a gun is being used. For instance if you're playing a sniper friendly map and you choose to use an SMG snipers can appear to be overpowered. If you come across a Remington user and you're lugging around a heavy LMG then your perspective might deem the shotgun OP. It's all based on perspective.

LMG only appear to be OP when they are built to be highly mobile. LW, DEX, EC, Quickdraw, and Stock can give LMGs advantage outside the preference. That's how the community should view weapons when discussing OPness: Is the gun too strong outside it's habitat?

• Like Like x 1
  12. COD Montages

COD Montages Member

lol true that

13. COD Montages

COD Montages Member

I remember when black ops first came out and the SMG were amazing with lazer sight they were better not to aim down sights then to aim down sights!

14. Haba

Haba Well-Known Member

I know it isn't a gun but C4.

This thing just literally demolishes people. Scavenger and fasthands + C4, it is so much fun. No other equipment even comes close to how powerful that is. Though I don't mind it being strong, since there is a counter for it (flak jakcet). But still, even my beloved tomahawk seems to pale, compared to the C4.

• Like Like x 1
  15. djthebeast3

djthebeast3 New Member

16. djthebeast3

djthebeast3 New Member

You all are forgeting about the an94

17. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Nah, the AN-94 has the the right amount of recoil to where you can actually lose a gun fight. I can beat most ARs except the M8A1 and I main the AN-94.

+ in Leauge M8A1 is literally mandatory.

• Like Like x 1
  18. theedeadmau5

theedeadmau5 Active Member

how people use the FAL and SMR is beyond me, i honestly think its my trigger finger not being able to keep up. but anyways, most OP gun IMO is of course the remington. ****k that thing

19. ShockUnitBlack

Interesting you should mention those three guns at the same time. Personally, I consider the FAL and SMR to be among the very best guns in Black Ops 2 and the Remington to be one of the weaker guns.

The R870, I feel anyway, is held back by low "weapon potential." It's an easy gun to use and extremely powerful within a seven meter or so range, but it's completely useless outside of about ten meters (my numbers are probably off, but you get the idea). That lowers its potential as a weapon. In contrast, a player using an AN-94, although not as powerful up-close, can shoot guys and get kills from anywhere on the map - rather than just in the tiny area that the R870 can. The AN, for that reason, has - and again this is in my opinion - higher potential as a weapon than the R870. That's why I think the AN is a better gun.

The SMR and FAL, in contrast to the R870, have extremely high potential as weapons. If you are skillful enough - I'm not but some players are - to use the FAL, for example, at its max rate-of-fire consistently and with decent accuracy, you'll outmatch virtually every other gun in the game. Again, not everybody can do that, but if you can, you're going to do really, really well.

An extreme example of "weapon potential" would be if you could were skillful enough to consistently head-bang people with the MK14 in MW3. If you could do that - basically unlock the maximum potential of the MK14 - you would clobber everybody else in the game. Drift0r did a really good episode discussing this in "The Myth Of The Best Gun" a while ago if you want to search that up on Youtube.

Again, this is all my opinion and is basically theoretical rather than practical.

20. RRock

RRock Active Member

While I do agree with the term "weapon potential" as a way to describe the possible effectiveness of a weapon, you are forgetting one thing when analyzing the effectiveness of a gun like the R870: it's ability to dominate in it's sphere of influence (even if that area of influence is slight). This sphere of influence, while small, is extremely concentrated. The AN, for example, has a much larger area of influence, but it is nowhere near as concentrated at very close range; the percentage of close range dominance swings towards the 870 very convincingly.

Guns like the 870 are generally more geared towards certain situations, but are incredibly effective in those certain situations. They aren't designed for general application, obviously, but are very, very good at doing what they are designed for. They trade general effectiveness for being very good at just one thing.

Otherwise, ARs, by your definition, would be the best in the game by default, but anyone who has played enough OBJ realizes that SMGs, for example, hold their own just fine.

But yes, the FAL is OP. Between the FAL, KAP-40 and C4, those are the only things I can say that are really OP in this game.