Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Historical COD Game Ideas?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by swordslasher, Sep 21, 2013.

1. swordslasher

swordslasher New Member

I just had the thought of: why is COD so modern? I think COD should go back to when guns were first invented, to bows and arrows, and my favorite idea: to pirates.

Would you like any of these themes? And, do you have any ideas of your own?

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I like the fact that the CoD series is staying modern/near future.

I've played enough WW2 era games to last a life time and setting a game further back in time doesn't appeal to me. Using one shot, steel ball and powder weapons doesn't sound like it would be any fun at all...

3. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Seriously. We were all clamoring for WW2 games to end by 2006. It was getting to the point where it was boring and you could count on a fraction of whatever was released to actually being good (or even containing something to make it stand out in the pack). It's a limited era in today's style of shooters and should be put to rest.

4. dutchpunk

dutchpunk Active Member

WW1 trenchwarfare isn't really fun for a game is it?
    And before? Which war was there really with guns on each side?
    And that the guns wheren't ****ing slow in use.

WW2 shooters are also done. For SP almost everything is done and for MP they can't add stuff. Only make it look better. Maybe in 10 years a new WW2 cod can come

5. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

The term "Call Of Duty" can be interpreted as "a call to get a job done" So basically, every other shooter is a Call Of Duty with different themes.

They just aren't labeled as "Call Of Duty"

6. RocketMan

RocketMan New Member

WaW was one of my favorite COD's, and I loved the whole WW2 theme of it. I wouldn't mind it if Treyarch began to develop another WW2 game. In fact, it'd be even cooler if they made a WW1 COD. It hasn't been done before, and I'm sue it would freshen things up a lot.

7. Gambit11B

Gambit11B Well-Known Member

I always thought a Call Of Duty: Cowboys game would be cool..... I'd give it a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

Jeez, we have some wet rags in hear. The OP never mentioned either World War, although the series has grown and not everybody has played WW2 MP (like me) so we wouldn't mind an updated one and you don't have to play it ;). I wouldn't be heart broken if they don't make one and I'm not expecting one. Also, so what about trench warfare? There's no reason it has to be designed or played that way. Who uses realistic military tactics in CoD anyway?

As far as earlier time periods, why not?

Cowboys and Indians: We've already had the crossbow (even if it's explosive only in MP) and the tomahawk, let's go all the way. Bow and arrows, crossbows (mini tnt stick attachment for explosive bolts), tomahawks, TNT, revolvers, single shot pistols (carry multiply guns instead of extra ammo), shot guns, and rifles (bolt-action and lever).

Killstreaks:
    • air ballon recon(3)
    • Gatling Gun(5)
    • Field Artillery(7)
    • Cavalry Charge(9)
    Gun Powder/Pirates: Firearms don't necessarily have to be inaccurate. They can be designed around Call of Duty's arcade feel. Tropical islands, ship to ship battles, and scenic ports could be fun.

Alternate HIstory/Steam Punk: Alternate history could be used to create unique scenarios and battles and steam punk could help add some interesting weapons.

Also checkout:

9. LethalSniper

LethalSniper New Member

This wouldn't work, it would turn out too much like a first person Red Dead Redemption game. I think it has to be set WW1+ Cowboy guns just wouldn't work in my opinion, neither would the setting. It just wouldn't feel like COD.

10. Gambit11B

Gambit11B Well-Known Member

I was going for more of the Call of Juarez aspect...... Which, by the way, had an awesome multiplayer.

11. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

Is this meant to be a bad pun, or is that just me?

12. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

There are really so many limitless possibilities, as long as whoever creates them make them fun, then anything is possible. Even a gave involving cavemen could be fun given the right ounce of creativity.

13. nbadiehard519

nbadiehard519 New Member

I think since the games are getting more advanced it would be cool if there was a downloadable content for past timelines where there was Pirates, or in the World War era too. There is many ideas but I know for a fact that Call Of Duty companies will not take the risk of doing so and will stick to selling their games based on modern day technology or future. If they were to do a game based onto all past events the graphics and game play would have to be on par with most of the games out today to make it different with other games. Also some of the World At War Call of Duty games were classic and I remember enjoying them plenty.

14. Rowe992

Rowe992 Member

I would love to see a sequel to COD 2. I still think that game is one of the best in the series because of the great gameplay and storyline. They could focus it on you being on the German side this time and so can could win the war.

15. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

One thing I would like to add about the era that the games are based on is............I am not up to date with the latest weaponry. BO had guns that I could relate to and was somewhat familiar with. GHOST on the other hand, had no gun that I could grasp. Too new for me.

16. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

It would also be kind of cool if there was a game where you had to fight against the zombies and your other enemies. Or even your enemies turned into zombies when you killed them.

17. Chingling

Chingling Member

Yeah I always enjoyed the past CODs more than the futuristic ones. They really have just sucked out all that they can from the futuristic genre of games. They should revisit some events that they have not because there are a lot of things that they can go to. COD needs to be creative in their next iteration.

18. js85

js85 Member

Anything in history would be cool and fun to revisit as a CoD, but my biggest issue with CoD being "modern" is being too futuristic. I can't stand things like shock charges and the guardian. It's okay to be sci-fi like Titanfall and the rocket boost jump thing on the new CoD coming out, but they try to play it off like it's realistically modern. Either be sci-fi, or be realistic, don't blur the lines.

19. Goat of Departure

Goat of Departure New Member

I think that's a great idea but I don't think it will fit into the title of "Call of Duty". I think those ideas should be a different game altogether. CoD is known for it's gun play and I don't think it will transition well into a pirate themed game.

Think about it, Assassin's Creed already has a firm grip and perfected the pirate concept and it worked well because it's on Third Person. I can imagine a pirate game on First Person Call of Duty style but I don't thin it's that easy to execute.

But I really like the bows and arrows theme. Throw in a couple of horses there and some Native Americans trying to kill you with their tomahawks and we're all set for war.