Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I miss Marathon Pro.

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by Futurelly, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Marathon (Pro) was the only reason why I was a (smg) rusher back in MW2 and Black Ops. In the beginning of Black Ops 2, I was rushing of course, but I was dying a lot more often compare to MW2 and Black Ops 1. I don't rush anymore because dying is really annoying (I think that goes for any play style). I see all these SMGers , sure they may kill you often, but they end up having horrible overall stats. But hey, they make great defenders at times.

Marathon was removed because "it affected the spawns." Even without Marathon, the spawns in Black Ops 2 aren't that great, especially if you know the spawns, with or without spamming Orbitals/UAV.

2. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

As do I. Extreme Conditioning is like worthless.

Not all rushers have horrible stats, just most do. Mainly because of poor tactics and incoherence.

3. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't even equip extreme condition anymore.

Rushers can't flank when they are running loud and most do run loud because they lack the range and would rather have the damage over the range. In which case, most, if not all smg rushers use long barrel.

4. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I run loud when playing FFA and that's about it, otherwise my SMGs have silencers on them, since I spend most of my time slaying in enemy spawn.

But yes, it is very common to see a MSMC/Vector K10/MP7 with long barrel, FMJ(because you know that increase it's damage, lol) and either quickdraw or fast mags.

SMG rushers like the three attachment primary wildcard, which is nice, but not necessary.