Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Discussion Ghosts copy & paste from mw2

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Haba, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Haba

Haba Well-Known Member

WARNING, contains a small clip from beginning of GHOSTS story. Don't watch if you haven't played the game!!!!

I thought I would share this with those who already haven't seen it. Funny coincidence huh :D?

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

A coincidence? More like laziness...

3. dutchpunk

dutchpunk Active Member

It's from the start from the campaign. And it happens a lot in videogames, animation movies etc.

Some games it even the missions. (GTA for example. Some missions you can do even more times in one game. Locations only change.)

4. Haba

Haba Well-Known Member

Oops I had put end of campaign, thx for correcting! :oops:

5. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

You wouldn't see old IW doing that...

6. Mw3Failed

Mw3Failed Member

They already have. The M4 animations from COD4 are the same as MW2...

7. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Uh, every game in the franchise has the same animations for most of the guns.

Nice bump.

8. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

You do realize that the entire CoD franchise has just been a money grab since MW2 right? They're going to suck the genre and the series even drier and then they're just going to stop making CoD. It's going to be like Guitar Hero. No one plays that shit anymore.

9. tf182

tf182 New Member

Ha! I remember seeing this a while ago. Whether it is an easter egg or just pure laziness is up for interpretation, but I believe it was done as a joke or an easter egg, seeing as the way games are developed. I couldn't see them just using the same code but going in and switching the character models, etc. Not to mention it is at the beginning of the game and it appears to be the only instance of it occurring.

10. pleirosei

pleirosei Member

COD has been rinse and repeat for years. It would not surprise me if it was because of laziness on the part of developers. Remember in MW2, one of the DLC's had two maps from COD4: Vacant and Crash? If we wanted to play maps from a game released two years prior, we had to buy DLC. All they did was re-skin the textures.

The game has been a MOD year after year after year. Someone from COD4, using their mod tools on PC, could make all of the recent call of duty games very easily, with the exact same features. The only difference is that it will look like COD4.

We are essentially paying 60 dollars every year for a MOD when it comes down to it. Sadly, this has been the case for Activision post COD4. COD4 was the last real revamped COD they made. Everything since is rinse and repeat.

11. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

Yeah, it does look like laziness. They just changed the characters.

12. spittaAndretti

spittaAndretti New Member

Sucks that it's like this but because of their publisher, they're kinda forced to do this. Think of how hard it would be to code entirely new segments, whether it me SP or MP, when all you have is 1 year in between releases. This puts a lot of pressure on developers and cutting corners like this, while it may seem like laziness, might be the only option available to them.

13. Servace

Servace New Member

I haven't even notice that! That is straight garbage knowing that. I feel like MW2 was better than Ghost.

14. edthebig

edthebig Member

Exactly they just copied it because they didn't want to do all the extra work and though most wouldn't notice. Shame, shame on them.

• Like Like x 1