Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Where were you during 9/11?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by Legion, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

It's the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination and to many older folks within the U.S. , it is considered a landmark event with many being able to tell you exactly where they were when they heard the news that JFK was dead.

However, for my generation, that event is perceived to be 9/11. It seems that the general age around this forum is at a young adult (21+) and admitted despite being such a major event within my life-time, I have no memory of it whatsoever being 5 years old and all. Anyway, several teachers were discussing where they were when JFK got shot so for you guys I was wondering, Where were and what were you doing when you heard about 9/11?

2. Parsnips

Parsnips Well-Known Member

I was 4 years-old and my father allowed me to watch live coverage of it on CNN all day. I remember standing in my grandmother's living room watching it all unfold. I drew dozens upon dozens of pictures of the event for a good 6 months after that. I don't feel like it affected me that much, but you know.

3. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I was in the third grade and was 9 years-old. I just remember watching the news and not quite fully understanding the shear chaos, destruction, and despair that had just happened. Although I could see it in the faces of my elders. I remember everyone as if they had this distant fog over them, not knowing what to do or how to react.

4. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

wow u guys are old i was in my mums womb during 9/11 lol

5. MegaScampi

MegaScampi Active Member

I was 2 when 9/11 happened, and don't remember a thing. I'll probably never have the same amount defense for my country because of my lack of remembrance for that event.

6. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

What year was that again?

I was 7 years old in Elementary school. I probably said something like "Oh dang" when I saw it, went home, and played N64.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aldo215

Aldo215 Well-Known Member

I was 27 and having lunch at St. Annes Old Links Golf Club where I was competing in the PGA Assistants Championship. There were a bunch of guys crowded round the TV at the other end of the main lounge from where I was sitting and one of them was my mate who I'd driven down there with. He looked at me and I will never forget the expression on his face. I stopped eating and went to see what was going on and as soon as I saw the smoke billowing out of the North Tower of the World Trade Center and then read the news flash I knew the world was going to a different place for a while. You just don't attack America without serious repercussions.

It is certainly 'the JFK assassination' of recent years. I will certainly never forget that moment and can picture it all quite clearly in my head. Very sad day to say the least.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fumbles

Fumbles Active Member

I was a freshman in high school. Principle walked in in the middle of class and just told the teacher to turn the TV on to CNN because a plane had crashed in to the world trade center. As the teacher was walking over to the TV, someone in class said "oh sweet!" or something like that, and the teacher said something about not wanting to promote violence in his class, and he never turned the TV on. We just went on with our normal class, though we had a little discussion about how a plane had crashed in to the empire state building back in WW2. I kind of figured it was just an accident, and not that big of a deal.

Then, about 15 minutes later the principle comes back and says "Stop your class, you really need to turn the TV on, this is a big deal" (this was right after the second plane hit). So it wasn't until then that we realized what was going on. After that, we spent the whole day watching CNN in all of our classes. I have an uncle who lives in Manhattan, so I was a little bit worried about him, but he was apparently able to get in touch with my grandmother and let her know that he was fine (I didn't find out about that until school was out). He saw the whole thing first hand, though. Crazy sh!t.

9. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

I was 14 over in Switzerland. I remember hearing it unfold on the news in a friend's car after school. We just sat there in the parking lot listening to it.

10. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

If you remember, how did people react over there?

11. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Well-Known Member

I was at school,they sent us home...shit was rough

12. Chillx

Chillx Member

Here in sweden i Remember just got back from rehersing some music with my band and me and 2 bandmembers saw it on tv, was like oh shit this cant be good... felt kinda strange things like this actually happend, and second thought was: this will end up ina war. Was quite chaotic here and many felt for those innocent ppl over there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

13. russ7000

russ7000 Member

i was at work... my first IT Job after school....

14. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

Waking up and preparing to go to my job at Taco Bueno. I was probably 18. My mom and I saw it on the news after the first plane hit. She didn't show much concern so I guess I didnt either. I thought it was just a plane wreck. I quit my job that day and sent back my work clothes....everyone there was either surprised I quit or they were still in shock about the news. I didn't ask.

Later on, after watching more of the news unfold I couldnt grasp why this was happening. I also was unaware of how big of an icon the Twin Towers were to us.

Even the OKC bombing was confusing to me.....I think I was deep into my own world back then. :/

15. Gambit11B

Gambit11B Well-Known Member

Just finished witnessing my first child being born..... then 1.5 hours later, the first tower was struck. Being in a QRF unit, I knew then that I would not be around much for my child's 'first' everythings: first steps, first words, etc.

16. Parsnips

Parsnips Well-Known Member

That's rough, man.

It's all about the things the event indirectly ****ed up for people, not the event itself.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Very well put, Ailliam.

18. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

Besides the collective sadness for the massive loss of life, I remember people being curios about how the U.S. would react.

19. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

I remember hearing it on the radio in the car on way home from school. then i remember complaining i could not watch my cartoons because the news was on every channel.

I was so self centered when i was young.

20. guehwyvar

guehwyvar Active Member

It was a nice day out and I had just bought a new Miata and was driving in the mountains. I stopped to get gas and there radio was on kinda loud and when i asked what was up they said some plane hit the trade tower. I just though man someone really fuged up had no idea till later that day when it was the only thing on the radio it was so bad and not just a screw up.