Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Headset Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by Fumbles, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Fumbles

Fumbles Active Member

So I'm looking in to getting a nice gaming headset, just curious if anyone on here has any opinions on what brands they like/don't like/whatever. I get off work at 1:00 am, so it would be nice to be able to relax and play games at a decent volume without having to worry about waking up the family.

I'm thinking about Turtle Beach PX4s or Astro A30s. They're the same price and seem like a pretty good value. I want a set that does surround sound...I mean if I'm going to spend the cash I might as well go big, right? Trittons look good too, but they're a tad more expensive I think.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. The more details, the better :)

2. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

Whatever you do, do not buy Turtle Beach.

3. Fumbles

Fumbles Active Member

Thank you for the input but...why not?

Details plz :)

4. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

Apparently they have really shïtty build quality.

Out of the two you mentioned, I would go with the Astro A30's, they're a really solid all-round headset. Keep in mind that I'm just making that up/going off of what others say, as I have never owned a gaming headset before.

5. smutherbucket

smutherbucket New Member

Ive had turtle beaches and tritons 4 sets so far.. all over 200$. I would say tritons little better build. And fit better..
    If you go with wirless get rechargeable batteries..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

6. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

My only experience using headphones is with the Sony Pulse Elite Edition headphones. They are really good all around though. The sound quality is fantastic, you get 6 different pre-sets for different genres of games and movies, you can swap out pre-sets you don't use for more specific pre-sets (if you download the Pulse app from the PS Store), they have all the functions you could want (like adjusting the balance between game and chat audio and 7.1 virtual surround sound), they look really nice and they aren't too expensive compared to most headphones you can buy.

Strangely enough though, the Sony Pulse headphones don't work on the PS4 at the moment (even though Sony said all PS3 headphones would work on the PS4 at launch, before they changed their mind). However, my son's old Turtle Beach headphones work perfectly though. Good job Sony!! Way to go supporting your own products and fan base.

If you're talking about a set of headphones for the X360/XOne, then I've got nothing for you. Sorry...

7. Aldo215

Aldo215 Well-Known Member

I've owned a set of Turtle Beach X41's now for 3 or 4 years and never had any problems and my brother has had his X31's for a similar time and neither of us has had a single problem. Mine also work on my Xbox One although just game audio.

8. Fumbles

Fumbles Active Member

Those look pretty nice as well. From what I'm reading, the Pulse Elites DO work w/ PS4, but only in stereo; surround sound isn't supported yet. Which is weird, and lame.

Anyway, thanks for the help everyone. Out of the sets I've been looking at, I think I might go with the Astro a30s, unless I can find a good deal on something else.

9. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I have Turtle Beach x12s and they work fine, for a cheap $60 headset! They especially work good for an amateur gamer like myself. It's really all personal preference and how much $$ you're willing to spend.

For you, go with the Astro a30s if you're looking at them. Astros are good quality I hear.

10. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

This is true. The Pulse Elites do work in stereo (not surround), if you connect them to the Dual Shock 4 controller with a 35mm cable and set the headphone settings to "All Audio". I'm glad I found this information, as I find it difficult to play games without my headphones. I've gotten used to them and I can't ever go back. I...I simply can't. My gaming life would never be the same.

On an another headphones related note, my friend pre-ordered some TB P4C headphones for $30 and when he picked up his PS4 pre-orders, the guy at EB Games gave him the PX4's instead. He paid $30 for a $200 pair of headphones. What a lucky bastard, eh?

11. markzombie82

markzombie82 Active Member

All the Astros seem to be 25% off till 12/2 I might just get me a pair

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. Freeman85

Freeman85 Active Member

I've owned the astro A30's and I didn't like them. They sound quite good but they fit on your ears instead of over your ears. To me they feel like music headphones not a gaming headset.

A40's are that bit extra money but it will be worth it.

13. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

Uhm, can you elaborate on this?

14. Fumbles

Fumbles Active Member

Hmm, I already ordered a set of 30s to take advantage of that black friday deal. I guess I'm not too worried whether they "feel" like a gaming headset or not, seeing as I've never owned a gaming headset before. As long as they're comfortable, and the sound quality is good, I'll probably be all right with them.

Plus, I kind of like the look of the 30s over the 40s anyway. The design of them just looks really sleek.

15. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

I like turtle beaches. If you take care of them they don't get ****ed up.