Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who makes the best all around automobile?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by Sulq, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Who do you think? Surely American cars right? Vs. The 100 horse European tin cans?

2. guehwyvar

guehwyvar Active Member

I don't know its really to hard to say and its so subjective from person to person. If you listen to consumer reports its Toyota but yuck I am not going to drive a Corolla. I like off roading I love my Jeeps I also race in SCCA I race a Honda CRX has of right now I love old 80's Honda's, also have raced Golfs I love Golfs but nothing els from VW. So hell typing this I still cant tell you what I think is the best. So who the ferck knows.

3. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

Today it's probably still Toyota but Ford has been making some good cars these days. The Fusion is a pretty impressive car and the Ford Mondeo (only in the EU) is pretty awesome.

Honorable mention to Volvo tho cause there is a 1966 P1800 with over 3 million miles. That's pretty reliable.

4. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I say all American auto industries have greatly advanced over the years.

GM has a great lineup and Chrysler makes an impeccable mini van for those looking for one. Not to mention the statement that is a Chrysler 300.

Ford and Chevrolet have some very affordable and well built mid-sized sedans that offer luxury and power. Chevrolet has their own diesel sedan as well, competing with Volkswagens Jetta TDI.

Honda is still an affordable option as well as KIA.

Most automakers have their strengths and are usually a safe bet. Competition is good and strong.

5. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

I'd say Toyota too. I had an old 1986 camry pile of shit edition when I was 16 that I bought for 500$. Went for 300k miles. Although it couldn't go over 40 mph. XD

6. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Well-Known Member

7. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

best car ..? one that is payed for.:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. MonkeyMooMoo92

Mitsubishi. Just got a used 1998 Montero sport with 300,000 miles on it. Drove it from Washington state to Illinois over 2,000 miles while towing everything we own. Nothing went wrong with it. At all. We even accidentally threw it in reverse going 60+mph. Nothing. Only thing that stopped working, the horn, which is now working again.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Supposedly Mitsubishi is going to be a thing of the past.

10. MonkeyMooMoo92

Probably, but I love them. Had a 07 eclipse gt. Loved that car. Hopefully getting a 3rd gen eclipse with turbo. But definitely agree that it's going to be a thing of the past. They're not as big as most other car companies.

11. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I've never had the opportunity to drive them, but I always like the styles and have never heard any bad comments about them.

12. MonkeyMooMoo92

They're great cars. They turn heads when done right. And can be very quick. Only issue is a lot of civics like to try to race. Well at least in Washington they did.

13. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

American cars cant go round corners, and the majority of the interiors are made from cheap plastics which more importantly feel cheap and nasty.

Volvo are good well built cars, but they are only for people with a personality of a paving slab.

The best all round car manafacturers are probably German...BMW / Audi / VW.

14. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

While I don't disagree, I'd like to add that you get what you pay for. Someone who wants to buy a brand new car but only pay $18,000 USD is not going to get the same experience over someone who is willing to pay $35,000+ USD for a brand new car.

A lot of American automakers have cars to cover everyone from the super jeep compact to the more luxurious sedan/sport/SUV. BMW, doesn't have a super affordable car that uses cheaper plastics and fascias like some American automakers. They have that standard as a luxury (some places foreign) well made car.

Also, I never said American cars were best, just that they now can compete with the others. ;)

EDIT: Fhuck this website. I had to redo half of this shit, because the browser had to reload. But no seriously...fhuck this site.

15. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

EDIT part 2:

I looked up some prices of cars (most affordable vehicle they offer)

Chevrolet - $12,170 USD
    BMW - $32,100 USD
    Lincoln - $36,190 USD
    Volkswagen - $ 16,895 USD
    Toyota - $14,430 USD
    Acura - $26,900 USD

See the difference? You get what you pay for.

16. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

First off i agree this site is shit, keeps ****ing up on me aswell.

Yes you do get what you pay for, but the question wasnt the best car "value fo money" in which case i agree with you.

The best all rounder, so take value/quality into consdieration not just value.

from you figures there, i would go with VW, although i dont know alot about Lincoln and Chevvy's.

17. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I see what you're saying. As value goes up, so does quality. For example BOSE sound systems and Brembo brand brakes vs the standard can be used to increase the quality. The list was merely a visual of some different brands and who their vehicles will appeal to.

Also with Chevy, that was their most affordable vehicle. It ranges from that to about 60K. Are American cars the best? Most likely not, but they have come along ways in terms of quality and even eye appeal. They used to be eye sores, well most cars from the mid 70s-90s were.

18. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Well-Known Member

**** YOU FORD ****ING PWNS THE WHOLE ****ING WORLD

**** TEH JUDEN

19. guehwyvar

guehwyvar Active Member

oh F all European cars while I love my MK2 golf's the new vw's that are worth driving (GTI) is on not even close to worth what there asking price is they "start" at 25,000$ and the one I would want would be around 30,000 lol @ that not for a VW no way not when i could get a new BRZ, new STI, new miata, used G37, used 370z, or many way cool cars for that hell the Honda places in town here have 2013 SI civics new on clearance for 20,000 bones. I dont see how VW gets a pass for a 30,000 compact car.

20. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

I have a Volvo Turbo Wagon and it's decent. 25+ MPG and it hasn't broken down on me once. It's at 150k miles. It's a '96. I can't complain, a car is a car.