Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hmm, let us converse about Sledgehammer Games

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by Futurelly, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

So, if you are uninformed, Sledgehammer Games worked on MW3 with Infinity Ward. Now, They are (confirmed) working on a new Modern Warfare game. Making it 3 companies, instead of 2, working on the CoD franchise. However, they are in need of workers. So hey, if you are unemployed with a super high K/D, now's your chance.

[​IMG]

The job lists "..In this position, candidates would live, eat and breathe everything vehicles and weapons related".. Uh oh. However, this could mean air controlled vehicles, AI vehicles, or an RC clone rather than enterable 4 wheeled vehicles. I wouldn't want enterable jeeps or tanks in CoD, honestly, despite Battlefield.

Understand, they are only looking for artists - nothing on the development/mechanical side, so we could be seeing a next gen MW3. BUT! A new company working on a new full retail game in a franchise that's a bit so-so. Hm, this could be fresh start or a bigger scar. But, I hope Treyarch is working on their Call Of Duty as well bcuz fanboy.

2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

Well vehicles feature heavily in single player so it could be for that. As far as multiplayer vehicles, I haven't played World at War of CoD 3 so I can't really comment if it was balanced or not.

As far as a new studio making a new game I don't think t would be too bad. First off I don't how experienced their employees are, but maybe most or some of them have experience making games. New company doesn't mean they just hired some fresh computer science or graphic artists graduates. At least not for lead positions. The guys who founded Sledge Hammer created/worked on Dead Space and helped with MW3 so I think they might do alright. If they become a third developer it could give all the other studios time to polish and fine tune their games leading to better products.

Where's your source for the new Modern Warfare game?

3. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Who knows what kind of CoD game Sledgehammer Games will create. Their only involvement so far in the CoD franchise is with MW3, so I'm guessing that experience will be a heavy influence on them. Hopefully SG will try something that pushes the boundaries for the franchise. Or failing that, take a page out of Treyarch's book and build upon all the things that have worked well in past CoD games (ike they did with CoD:BO2).

Hell, I'd settle for SG just making the game on a totally brand new game engine, specifically designed for CoD, instead of continually tweaking the very old Quake 3 engine over and over...

4. musky

musky Active Member

modern warefare 2,or 3 and ghosts all the same crap,b.o is by far way better we really don,t need 2 modern warefare type of games back to back, there all the same crap.

5. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

MW2 is far superior than MW3 and Ghosts is different from both.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

your terribly worded statements are all the same shite

...Anyway back on topic, while i dont think having a third studio entirely solves the problem hitting Call of Duty right now (IMO i think people are hitting critical COD fatigue from yearly releases), I do think having a 3 year development cycle would drastically help the state of Call of Duty.

Hopefully their next offering is better than the last one they worked on...

7. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

If the game is better than ghosts then I'm happy. Unfortunately it was sledgehammer who mainly did mw3 multiplayer so don't get your hopes up.

8. MegaScampi

MegaScampi Active Member

I thought Sledgehammer did more of the campaign part of the game.

9. ImUndeadd

ImUndeadd Active Member

SLEDGEHAMMER GAMES NEED TO SLEDGEHAM THEMSELVES OUTTA THE VIDEOGAME INDUSTRY.

10. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Well-Known Member

World at War had tanks and they were not OP...

I'm really starting to hope that one day CoD will die

11. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

the guys who work there did dead space so they aint that bad

12. ImUndeadd

ImUndeadd Active Member

Not true..only the main dude and like afew others did deadspace and from what i gathered..he was a marketing guy sooo not really had anything to do with the actual development with dead space. BUT MW3 WAS TURRIBLE.

13. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they've had many years to regret the MW3 creation and won't touch that style again.

I think I still have a few more failed developments upon me before I go the cup half-empty path.

14. musky

musky Active Member

it,s funny you say thatbecause you and most others all were on thr ghosts ban wagon at first,then the wheels fell off right? my point is valid just look at the graphics and game pl;ay b.o is way different then any other call of duty,to me modern warfare,ghosts and even battlefield all feel the same,thats why i say bo is way different and better so a 3 team cycle is just retarded and will not work.

15. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

COD is becoming the same thing over and over. and who really cares about graphics after a couple of games, they can put different size boxes on a map and after two games we as players could careless.and as far as vehecles go in bf4 more players screw around with the tanks and all of the other rides than use them for battle.
    make a game with a couple of choices for weapons grenades and two or three bullets for kills and go.:sick::sick::sick:

16. MERCURYSB3

why did you give me a "dislike" does it really matter if any player can read the name on a roll of toilet paper in any of the bathrooms on any map?do we really care how a car looks before or after it blows up?graphics to a sniper are seen through a 1x1 tube, to a rusher they are just a blur,the only player that can appreciate the graphics is a camper cause he will have enough time to google the flowers he is hiding in.your right, Ghost was the hope of a lot of players,balanced weapons and lower number of scorestreaks but it did not work out that way.when you get spammed by the badguys air power you have zero weapons to fight back with.most here are FPS COD veturans but the real customer of any COD FPS is the "casual player" who could careless about KDR or SPM or the specs of any weapon.Ghost failed because the casual player got tired of being 0/6 thirty seconds into a game so the game dosen't get played or gets traded.the next COD,if it has weapon balance and NO lag then it will be a winner.:hurt::grouphug::rant-33:

17. musky

musky Active Member

if no one cared about graphics we should be playing sega.

18. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Speaking of graphics..

[​IMG]

Apparently, it's an in-game character model in CoD2014. I like it. I have a lot of faith in Sledgehammer, honestly. But, then again, what if it turns out like Medal of Honor Warfighter? Haven't played it, but I heard it didn't live up to the hype.

You mean Ghosts' PvP failed compared to previous franchise installments' PvP mode. I believe Extinction and the campaign were enjoyable enough to outweigh the PvP, thus, labeling Ghosts with more good than bad. It was the first Call of Duty game I played that I found myself eager to play co-op/campaign over multiplayer.

19. MERCURYSB3

hell, we all had more fun playing Sega, maybe cause we just didn't know any better.really liked RDF it was a tank game and was the first person shooter i ever played.:dance::dance:

20. MERCURYSB3

this i agree with big time. went back to MW3 Special Ops nevered played before and found the games way more intense and more challenging and got to team up with some really great gamers.:clap2::clap2::clap2: