Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Revisiting WW2

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by King Dave, Jan 22, 2014.

1. King Dave

King Dave Member

I know the WW2 setting has been done to death for most FPS, but has any considered the idea of rewriting the history, so that the axis powers possibly win. i.e Britain is invaded, Stalingrad is captured, Japan wins the battle of midway etc...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

But those are the older FPS. All the 'newer' ones are all about modern and future warfare. Despite BO2 being based in the Cold War, but the technology was hardly different than that of the Modern Warfare series games. So really I don't think it's been done to death because it has been given a break. I like this idea, or maybe completely re-do WW2 and who the Axis and Allies where. That would be interesting. At least IMO.

3. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

An alternate reality WWII shooter? That would be the only reason I'd want to play another WWII shooter.

I wonder how a developer would make the players want to play as a Nazi...

4. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

as an American i would play as a German soldier, very well trained had the most modern equipment and had generals that made plans to win. played World Of Tanks for a while and had no trouble using German tanks.think a well thought out WW2 multi player would work with weapons of that era and with tanks and arttilery and bombers in the game not as perks or scorestreaks.with house to house, openfield and beach landings it would be a great game.and think that after a while game play would be more importent than whos side your on.:plane:

5. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Im gonna say no here, the weapon variety and customization that were used to could never exist practically or without being out of place in a WW2 setting.

6. ImUndeadd

ImUndeadd Active Member

Yeah i think they need to revisit ww2 again. The futuristic and modern day shooters are boring now.

7. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

The problem is if they start usin open maps with tanks and vehicles then it will end up like battlefield. If I wanted to play battlefield I would play it (and I am right now, funnily enough)

8. TheApeVine

TheApeVine Active Member

Could be done Assassins Creed style. Make COD a bit more than running down corridors shooting pop up targets. Would also explain out of place weapons etc.

I'd love to see a WW2 shooter about Britain being invaded.

9. ImUndeadd

ImUndeadd Active Member

seems to me you want another black ops.. ;D

10. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

That could be cool, but there are many missions that made up WWII, so as long as the mission is fun, I'd like to play it. It could be like the idea of COD modern warfare 2 where the Russians attack America, but with the Germans or Japanese.

11. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

Why not WW1? Take us back in the day when weaponry was primative in comparison to what we have now.

12. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

Isn't there a WW1 COD? Or am I thinking of Medal of Honor or something else?