Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Multiplayer Onslaught DLC Impressions

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Yanni, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Yanni

Yanni Member

I actually enjoy these maps, they're a step in the right direction with being medium sized. Stormfront/Stonehaven long range combat gets tedious.

The Maverick is a solid gun too. The versatility in it is astounding in my opinion.

Extinction's Nightfall is pretty difficult compared to the first map. Some classes in the loadout are completely switched in their priority. It's very action packed, entertaining, the story line is just enough. But without a team that has experience, good luck trying to get far.

Overall I think this DLC is worth buying if you still play this game, and enjoy both Multiplayer and Extinction content to the fullest.

2. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Gotta wait a month over here. I'll probably just go with this DLC collection at least. On PS3, the later ones aren't worth it.

3. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

Eh it's okay

4. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

It's okay. I hated it after my first game because I was put into a Search & Rescue lobby with trickshotters..

The modes need split up further down so people can avoid trickshot lobbies.

Anyways, maps are decent, Maverick is ok, and it's not a huge disappointment.

EDIT: If I were to implement a hotfix then I would add another playlist.

1. TDM & Kill Confirmed & Cranked
    2. Objective: Domination & Blitz
    -I would also reintroduce Demolition or Hardpoint depending on popular vote
    3. Search & Destroy and Search & Rescue
    4. Hardcore Modes

Sorry Hardcore players, with only a few thousand people in the original playlist, it would be hard to split yours up.

5. PSIII

Staff Member

What map plays the best?

6. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

They all are okay in my opinion.

Fog: fun map, a lot of flank routes. C flag to A flag is a short tunnel underground. A lot of irregular tunnels. Space in the back that is somewhat unused. I don't ever see anyone there. Think both ends of the map in MW2's Derail where there are areas players do not go on both ends.

Bayview: is great for all playstyles, plays very fast and can be chaotic. Average well rounded map. People like to use the trolly, maybe because it's something new in CoD.

Ignition: MW2's Scrapyard re-skinned. The lower levels aren't used a lot and it plays similar to Scrapyard with people taking similar routes/using the same camp spots.

Containment: somewhat large (even though they say its small..) but is very Assault Rifle friendly with a lot of long/medium sight lines, but also very CQC. Like Fog, it has some parts in the back that do not get a lot of traffic.

I like Fog and Bayview the best. Even though Ignition plays similar to Scrapyard, it just is not the same as it was.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kcvaliant

kcvaliant Member

See I like big maps, because I like to hardscope properly.

But both mavericks are sick.

8. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

Containment sucks, Scrapyard remake is awesome (just cause it's Scrapyard), Fog is pretty interesting but I've played it way more than the other 3, and the boardwalk level is pretty cool.

9. PSIII

Staff Member

I'm a little skeptical about Bayview. It's like a Treyarch/MW3-DLC map mashed together with a lot of directions to turn and randomly get shot at from the side. It's honestly, mainly because of the Ghosts spawns that I'm worried about it though. Speaking of which, is the logic noticeably any different now, and does it work on the new maps?

10. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Anybody think they wait to long to release map packs?

11. Yanni

Yanni Member

Nope, still people spawning literally right next to you. It just seems like they say they fix the spawns for a false sense of security. Maybe it's my imagination, maybe not.

12. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Ghost is garbage....Not buying anymore COD`s till Treyarch releases a version.

13. adena

adena New Member

Fog tends to be a big challenge for a few people I know. To me it is all about practice making perfect, the more you practice the better equipped you will be.

Yes I agree but I have this problem with every game I play. Sometimes I think I am just too impatient for my own good. I want my cake and I want to eat it too. Updates instantly would be a blessing!

14. al.palacios

al.palacios New Member

I certainly enjoyed the new maps. I like the big maps the best. Great new addition to an already stellar lineup of maps. This will no doubt increase my weekly play time with this game. Hopefully more will come and of the same if not better quality.