Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Treyarch COD this year! ;(

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by Desolationz, Feb 6, 2014.

1. musky

musky Active Member

dumb.Modern Warfares and ghosts all all the same,b.o is thew only different better game this is a huge mistake by them i see c.o.d sales going down.

2. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Isn't this good news? At least around two years (or the full three) for the Activision drones to make each game. Now let's hope Sledgehammer doesn't suck or we're going to have a problem.

lol, I wonder how many Modern Warfares, Black Ops', and Ghosts will Activision want in the series. This better be the last Modern Warfare and Black Ops moniker.

3. ImUndeadd

ImUndeadd Active Member

Well they're the same people who helped make mw3 and that wasnt a very good game at all.

4. jeszkar

jeszkar Active Member

But we don't know who made those stupid decisions (OP support, Death streaks, etc.) I would say IW but Ghosts doesn't have similar flaws so maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway I thin this a good decision. Both IW and Tryarch has typical flaws and + 1 year can fix these.

5. ImUndeadd

ImUndeadd Active Member

You're forgetting that iw is not the same iw and sledgehammer games was a huge part of mw3 development.

6. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

As much as I'd like to see the follow up to CoD:BO2 from Treyarch this year, I'm happy to wait for it, if it means we get a better game. It'll be interesting to see what new ideas Treyarch come up with in the extra year of development.

Giving each developer 3 years to create their game can't be a bad thing, right?

7. musky

musky Active Member

if you wait 1 year or 5 years for a bo3 game ,that will not fix any glitchs or anyother issue thats what patches are for,giving more time to create a game does not matter.AND modern warefare and ghosts are basically the same game crap,we need a bo3.

8. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

I hope it's not MW4. I also hope they don't focus too much on DLC and have a good core game. The extra content has never been worth the price.

9. PSIII

Staff Member

It has to be MW4. With the console launch disrupting sales this year, they're gonna be using the established games to get back on track some. Modern Warfare is still their biggest. I call both it and BO3 coming out.

On the other hand, I really wonder if the 2014 game will do great, regardless of what it was. It would only be a year since the new consoles came out. To be perfectly honest, apart from a couple specific games, I have no urge to upgrade from the PS3 yet (OK, I'm lying there, but I don't want to drop $400 for it). If others think the same way, then 2014 might be similar to 2013. Who know, though. Maybe a lot of next gen consoles will have been sold by the end of the year. MW4 would probably be used to boost sales.

There's still the issue of the name being too similar to CoD4 though.

BO3 should probably do well. By then, a lot of consoles should be pushed by then. And the third game with the BO name. The 3's always do well.

10. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Because somehow the Black Ops franchise is excluded from being "the same Call of Duty" how? I prefer BO myself but don't be delusional, its still a COD game. A 3 year cycle might help on the connection and graphical end but what on the gameplay spectrum is so radically different in Black Ops 1/II that it isn't a rehash?

11. PSIII

Staff Member

It's gameplay made by Treyarch and the game is called Black Ops, that's the difference.

12. musky

musky Active Member

bo game play is way different plus there is actully some colour in the game ,you notice in bo2 you even see paper floating in air it,s a completely diffent game play then modern warefare or ghosts it,s way better.

13. PSIII

Staff Member

Paper, really? That's like all the fish jokes people were making about Ghosts before it was released. And what are you talking about? There's debris flying around everywhere in IW's games. It's annoying as hell a lot of times even, you think they're an enemy's head.

14. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

You're most likely right, but I'm not in the mood for another near future, modern warfare game. Different time period (forward or backward) or new gameplay mechanics. I'm trying to remain postive and give them a shot and it's not necessarily Sledgehammer's fault for staying with something safe. I hope they do well, but I might be skipping this one.

15. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Shouldn't be too bad of a thing. I just hope SlegeHammer does a good job or else we're gonna have a crappy time.