Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Discussion console vs. pc

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by bunstan, Apr 25, 2014.

1. bunstan

bunstan New Member

Has anyone else had to overcome this? I started out first on a computer with games so many years ago it might reveal my age. Do we have any tips for people going from one to the other in order to get over the hump? For me it just took practice, my mind did not understand I could do the same things with a new type of outlet.

2. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't let the PC Elitist's persuade you. They're sneaky with their little tricks.

Consoles are better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Sulq is right. The PC elitists will try to convince you you're a fool for switching to consoles, but if you're enjoying playing on consoles, that's all that matters.

I've been a console gamer all my life, but I wanted to try some PC gaming. After about 2 months of problems like games not working until you found a patch, official patches not working, or having to be online to play a legitimately purchased game, or other such problems that come with PC gaming, I gave up because it was too much of a headache.

The sad thing is, now that consoles are so easily connected to the internet, the developers are starting a trend of releasing console games that are full of bugs, or perhaps not entirely finished, because they know they can release a patch to improve the game after its release. Console gaming is slowly becoming PC gaming...

4. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

The CoD community sucks on PC. Tryhards everywhere with their 420 quickscope trickshot headshot. But single player games are sweet on PC.

5. bunstan

bunstan New Member

I seem be be split in the middle. One of the first games I remember playing was on a console, but I really have a thing that a first person shooter should be on the computer....for some reason I can not come to grips to play one without a full keyboard. It just seems natural to me.

6. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

I prefer The Sims or any tycoon game on PC rather than on console and everything else on console.

7. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

I'm a 3DS and PC player. I have a gamecube and PS2 rotting on my shelf but I haven't touched them in literally over a year.

8. Futurelly

No WiiU for Smash Bros? Or are you getting it for 3DS?

9. bunstan

bunstan New Member

I think some games are better suited on different devices, but I also think that some people do better on difference devices too. I feel the same way about the PlayStation but we get far more use from the Xbox One, more games, newer games, amazing graphics. I really can not talk down about it, I still love the PlayStation and the games but let's face it. The Xbox is on the "big TV", can anyone really blame me? :D

10. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

PC will always be superior to console but the expense is much greater for PC...ie:upgrading RAM , Vid Card etc. This is why I switched to console years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

I enjoy tinkering with, and maintaining my computer. I know the ins and outs of it. I can take it apart and put it back together. This makes it so much more personalized and awesome. But once you get a setup, you're good for life. The parts last 3 years minimum if you maintain your computer like you're supposed to. I just got the dust out of mine. Here's a picture of the sexiness.

I have a red theme going on. Soon I'll have a Corsair K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with a customizable backlight.

I'd choose this personalized goddess to a piece of shit someone made for the cheapest amount of money and the maximum amount of profit that constantly has hardware issues.

The only thing consoles have over PC is exclusives and mobility.

#11 Kazam420, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Futurelly

Nice! I was very close to buying a Cybepower PC because of the Boreallight chasis, and I had it rigged with some sweet specs, but it all came down to funds and the reviews of Cyberpower PC are scary.

13. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

Make no mistake, my PC's case is cyberpower, the insides are not.

14. secretlytaco

secretlytaco Member

I use a PC. Free online, huge discounts (over 50% off) every day, it's the same price now, you can still use an xbox controller if you want, and it's a full PC so you can still do all the normal PC stuff you could do anyway. I seriously don't see the advantage to consoles anymore (except maybe an easier initial setup?)

• Like Like x 1
  15. MattMin2000

MattMin2000 New Member

A lot of people will say PC and to be honest, I like console much better because the ease of setting up a console is much better. PC is just too much of a complicated set up just to play some Call of Duty. In an console, I just have to press on, slide in the disc and start playing. Yes, playing on a pc has more advantages, like better online capabilities, better graphics and such. However, I'm lazy because of such circumstances and so, console it is for me. Much better to set up then a PC, I'm afraid. And to me, the gameplay on a lot of fps are much more concise in a console. I don't know why, I'm just to connected to a controller rather than a keyboard or a mouse.

16. secretlytaco

secretlytaco Member

To use an Xbox controller on windows, you literally just have to plug it in and it works. With PC, I don't have to deal with physical media (seriously what is this 2004?), I just pay for the game by card/paypal/bitcoin sometimes/other payment system, then I press run like 5 minutes later (ew standing up).

Also, 900p/792p at 30FPS it might as well be 2004

17. secretlytaco

secretlytaco Member

I think the PS3 was 2005 actually... I thought about buying a PS2 (apparently it had the most sales of any console ever) but then I thought "wait, why don't I play CoD instead" and then I bid on a PS2 on ebay and I have no idea where I'm going with this

18. WrestlinFan

WrestlinFan New Member

Well, the reason I haven't gone PC is because I'd miss out on all the Nintendo and Sony first party games. That isn't the world I want to live in.

19. secretlytaco

secretlytaco Member

Are first party games enough to make an entire console worth it?

20. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

From console kid to PC Mom, I can attest the change was easy for me. I made the transition over a month, maybe two. Mostly shooters. I went back just recently to play Hitman on controller and I was frustrated.

Now, I can't speak for one transitioning to console, because it may be a different path. I don't think it's as hard as it sounds. Just as long as your not switching back and forth between mouse and controller. The aiming is maybe a little harder, but not a big deal.