Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Discussion What does single player lack?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by bunstan, Apr 30, 2014.

1. bunstan

bunstan New Member

I always hear about people over countless games that get bored with single player action. I honestly don't understand this. Sometimes I just want to game on my own, at my own pace. Are those who get bored easy doing so because they are more team players? Is the only thing that any single player scenario lacks is a team?

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I like to take the time and play the CoD solo campaigns. For the most part, the action is intense and the cutscenes are well and truly a sight to behold. However, I'm guessing people that don't play the solo campaigns have decided that it's all the same from one game to the next. Maybe in there opinion you sit through a cutscene, something blows up, fight your way through to the next checkpoint, rinse and repeat until the end of the game.

A little ironic when you consider we're all doing the exact same thing with every videogame we play. We're all just pressing buttons over and over again...

3. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

I like the campaigns in Call of Duty mainly because:

1. I'm an achievement hunter
    2. I like (origin) stories, especially in video games. Gives you other things to discuss in conversations.
    3. Much more calm and less stressful than mp

I don't think the campaigns lack anything. Players only want to play CoD for the mp so they can brag about being on top and that's the first thing they choose when they get the game. They assume the mp alone is worth $60 (it's like $30), but when they're dissapointed due to subjective and oblivious reasons, they feel as if the WHOLE game sucks.

4. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

like playing the MP first then play the campaign. whats cool is some of the MP maps are in campaign and you think i can handle this plus some weapons not in MP are in campaign and thats kinda cool.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

5. bunstan

bunstan New Member

I understand achievements and I also get that sometimes people want to play with a team but you don't always have to do it. For me there are just some days when I don't want to hear anyone yammering in my headset over their issues. I like single player mode so I can have time for myself to enjoy the game. Maybe I am just being greedy but sometimes playing with others is not all it is cracked up to be. I should have a disclaimer: does not play well with others.

6. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

The campaign was as I expected it to be. It was rather predictable though. But I still enjoyed it. Some good action sequences. I've beaten every CoD on veteran since MW1. It's kind of a tradition I have.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

What game would you say was the most challenging or most rewarding?

8. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

The only rewards you get in campaign are achievements. W@W was probably the most challenging because the ****ing nazis and japs all ****ing spammed cooked frag grenades on you constantly.

9. bunstan

bunstan New Member

I understand that some games become predictable, to be real about it I think most of the traditional games I play (that I have played for say the last 3-5 titles) are, but the fun is still there too. I think for me it is about two things - the first being to get through it in the best time (record breaking of course), the second going back through to make sure I have not missed anything (that is just the OCD in me though).

10. ImUndeadd

ImUndeadd Active Member

I love single player games. But The last few cod campaigns have gotten boring. Ghosts was good though. The multi..garbage.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Well, the story wasn't that bad but they could've really worked more on the A.I. It seemed really lackluster when I played the singleplayer campaign.

12. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

I think that CoD should be more like BF... more vehicle based actions. I think this would be a great addition to the gameplay.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

That would actually be intriguing and the gameplay would be quite diverse, although they might get some flack for copying other games. Maybe in the future we'll see something like this.

14. Armando

Armando Member

Since Black Ops 2 campaign is my favourite among the new games, I'll say that Ghosts lacked the choice system that I liked so much. In BO2 there were things that changed the story that you didn't even know they were choices, it was amazing.

15. Amazon XD

Amazon XD New Member

I really would've liked it if they scooped a layer of cheese off the script. The whole brother and dog idea is cute, but when they start throwing the dad in the mix... it's not my cup of tea. That's just the narrative I'm speaking on. The gameplay is quite fantastic, in my opinion.

16. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

For myself single player has to have a certain diversity in game mechanics. Without this I quickly get bored, you can forgive this in multiplayer because of the uncertainty of the other players in game.

17. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

This would be incredible. I would love to see CoD move in a similar direction including more vehicles and destructible terrain.