Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Multiplayer So I've been playing Ghosts and I've realized one thing...

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Sulq, May 12, 2014.

1. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

This game is trash. If you want to know why, let me know and I'll rant about it. But for now, I'm going to leave it at trash.

I need some BO2 and MW2 time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

they are trying to save ghost, DropZone kinda made ghost playable. Octane and Strikezone about only two maps that action is somewhat in one area. but two or three snipers can own any ghost map.one thing i noticed in ghost matchmaking is one lobby will be all "rockstar" players and the other lobby will be all noobs.not for sure how the servers pick players for teams but your on a team that blowsout the other team or on the blownout team.have not been in one game were the score has been close:hurt::hurt::hurt: at all.

3. Desolationz

Desolationz Well-Known Member

What's IW excuse this time I wonder? because I would certainly like to hear it.

4. Yanni

Yanni Member

I would like to hear your well thought rant, it's amusing and enlightening.

5. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I second the call for your rant. It should be a good read.

I still enjoy CoD:G, but it's definitely not as engrossing as past CoD MP's. I found myself unable to go a day without playing CoD:BO2 (if I did miss a day of playing, you didn't want to be near me), but I don't even give CoD:G a second thought if I have other things to do. It's certainly my least favourite CoD game to date.

Realistically, I'm only playing it to get my moneys worth from the season pass...

6. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, I'm glad someone enjoys my rants. The game is not trash, but it isn't the best nor most fun Call of Duty that I've played.

Aside from normal CoD bullshit, I feel like this game increases that 10-fold. The lag is horrible, spawns are not better. The matchmaking is close to god awful.

People have zero desire or incentive to play objectively. You almost need to be in a party to win. In BO2 I could play by myself and dominate and win, despite having incompetent teammates. This is not the case with Ghosts.

The maps are horrible and promote SMG rush/flank which in return just **** the spawns up. People don't understand the concept of the spawn trap, however this game can be hard to spawn trap.

Ghosts has just ridiculous stuff. All of the support streaks are close to being OP for as easy as they are to get. Like an air sniper? Really? That shit is annoying as hell.

Bottom line, I just don't have as much fun playing this as I do others. I also get tired of getting killed because of lag comp.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

The Orbital VSAT was all the party you needed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. adena

adena New Member

I feel the same and so do a few of my buddies. When it comes to Call of Duty though, what do you think was the best or are they still trying to find the best? I never rush out to get a new game let alone a new Call of Duty but I would love for them to just really wow me one time and make it that I want to stand in line to get the newest game.

9. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

Dont you enjoy the Snoop Dog voice over? Well worth the money.................hahahahahahahaha

10. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I hear you Sulq. Everyone seems to be using the Support SP these days. In my opinion, if you use the Support SP exclusively, you making a statement that you're a crap player and can't even string a 3 killstreak together. If the Support SP was removed from the game, I think it would improve the fun factor a lot.

Someone on this forum had the idea of putting a level cap on the Support SP, so only newcomers could use it and it couldn't be abused by experienced players, and I couldn't agree more...

11. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly! I rarely use support, unless directed to, to help my clan or if I'm running a shotgun since long kill streaks can be more difficult.

What's annoying is that it takes very little skill to get the support streaks and for an experienced player, they can spam the heck out of them.

I used to be the guy that would use Advanced UAV, Stealth Bomber, and EMP in MW3 and would spam the heck out of them. Now looking back at it..that wasn't good or skillful of me. Yea I was having fun, but I was just another Stealth Bomber/EMP noob. Which because of these noobs, everyone felt the need to use the perk Assassin. Causing less diversity among class setups. (Assassin Pro was OP, but that's a different topic.)

A level cap on Support use works, but those who actually want to use Support to support their team then cannot after surpassing the cap.

I propose they just nerf the heck out it. No more streaks that can kill you, or if they do, make it be 25 kills/points not 14. Then you atleast have to put some work in to get those free kills. The free kills is too much of a incentive to not use it.

The Oracle in Ghosts should have been made stronger and put as a kill streak IMO. The support sniper and Odin can remain Support but should require more kills to achieve. Same goes for the EMP and Stealth Bomber iin MW3. If it was 25 for Stealth Bomber and 30 for EMP you at least know that the player had to have some skill-set to get those and probably wouldn't be able to get 2-3 a game regularly.

I know it sounds kind of whack, but kill streaks should be achievable through kills and playing the objective. Support should be only through kills. Kinda opposite when thinking about the term 'kill'streak, but I think this would help also.

In the end support is great for those new players to use so that they feel they are doing something for the team, they just should keep the annoying shit out. Which we all know is hard since CoD apparently loves to put annoying things in their games, lol.

Sorry for the narrative, kudos if you made it all the way through :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. jeszkar

jeszkar Active Member

I don't find the support package annoying in this game. It's far better than in MW3. The Oracle is a dangerous one but you can counter it for 2 points.
    In this game I actually prefer Assault package. Dogs, stonger helicopters, maniac.

And no, support killstreaks should not be achievable only from kills. Support is for Objective playing. I would kill the purpose of this package.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

I couldn't agree more. IW has gotta be the worst development team out there.

14. jeszkar

jeszkar Active Member

I still think this is the most solid instalment since MW2.

15. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Alright!! I got some kudos!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

I couldn't disagree more, respectfully of course.

17. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

Sulq just after Ghosts is released: "Ghosts makes MW3 look good."

Sulq a couple of weeks later: "Junaid, stfu. If you actually played it for more than a few minutes you'd realise that this is actually a pretty damn good game."

Sulq now: "This game is trash lol"

Make up your damn mind buddy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok, ok, I must admit that was a spur in the moment rant. But that doesn't change what I feel about the game. And that is the fact that this is my least favorite Call of Duty.

Ghosts is okay, but it's not fun and I've given way to many chances and have defended it way too many times.

Thanks for calling me out.

19. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Kudos to you Sulq, for not fighting back when you were clearly put in your place.

No, wait. I should've said, "The internet. Sulq's doing it wrong"...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol, I love me some kudos. And I can't even argue with what Junaid put. I have my good days and my bad days with Ghosts.

• Like Like x 1