Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is this real?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by Mr.TonyStark, May 18, 2014.

1. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

If it is, then...HELL YEAH!! I'd love to play the CoD:MW series in next generation console glory. If this turns out to be true, CoD4 MP will be reborn...

3. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Fake or not, no MP, no point really. There's no way they'd charge less than $30 to $40 (if they do, then more power to them I suppose) for this, and for only the short campaigns? I can load any of the three games up right now and play them on the PS3 or PC. MW3 came out in 2011. It's not old enough to be included in some legacy collection. Look at Halo, those games are old and make much more sense as choices for collections. So is God of War, a single player game with long, excellent campaigns. And what is there to upgrade? It and MW2 are already in HD (so is CoD4, but it is older) and look good on high end displays.

There's nothing about MP in the list. Not even Co-op.

I'd ram some of my cash down their throat if they re-released MW2 MP again. I won't even be mad if they didn't update much, asides from more security and anti-cheat shit. Just need the game to be populated.

4. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

It's true there's no mention of MP in the list of features, but why wouldn't they include MP for each game? That would be their biggest selling point and they'd be crazy to ignore it. They could recycle the current servers each game is using for matchmaking, and we could all enjoy our favourite MW MP game all over again...WITH GLORIOUS NEXT GENERATION GRAPHICS!!

Sorry. I got a little hyperactive there.

If the collection only includes the campaigns from each game, then I'd reconsider buying it. Like PSIII said, I think most people would want to buy the collection for the MP games, and if they aren't included in the package, it's probably not worth it.

Quite simply from my point of view, the possibility of playing the MW MP games again, with new and improved balancing, makes this collection intriguing...

5. PSIII

Staff Member

It can't be real though. Released the same month as AW, before Christmas. All it would do is actually lower the sales of AW. The only way to logically do stuff like this is in a different quarter, far from the release of a main game, in this case Q2.

The details are unprofessionally written too.

6. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I noticed the release date too and it was a major red flag for the reasons you mentioned PSIII. But who knows. Activision might be thinking CoD fans will buy both games in November. I wouldn't put it passed them...

7. PSIII

Staff Member

Dunno. Even though they're old games, porting them to the new consoles certainly can't be cheap.

8. adena

adena New Member

I think it might be a spoof or a media stunt. It would not be the first time those tricky people have pulled something totally crazy just to get people talking about it.

9. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

If it's true then there's pretty much no way they wouldn't include multiplayer in it, that would be the dumbest thing to do. I'm starting to this it's fake though :(

10. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

I'd buy it if:
    • Updated Graphics
    • All three Single Player campaigns linked together as one.
    • Spec Ops from MW2 and 3 plus new missions for MW1
    • All DLC maps
    • Multiplayer (Unsure if i would want a mix or each game to have it's separate playlists.)
    • Promised support for the entire life span of the current generation consoles.

I'm afraid that's too generous of Activision though. Plus I think that Zampella/West still own the rights to the series so even if they wanted to I doubt it would happen. It would cool if I was wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

This raised my eyebrows about 5cm. I love this idea. Imagine playing through the 3 SP campaigns as one campaign. I think that would be sweet...

#11 Wartyger, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  12. PSIII

Staff Member

The issue about MP is that it means they would have to be working with three new matchmaking servers since it's for the new consoles. That's extra resources, time, and effort. It would be too much with the old servers up for the old consoles. And it just beats into AW's base.

They at least need the co-op modes in them. All of them.

#12 PSIII, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  13. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

So Halo got a remastered collection. They're not in the same boat as Call of Duty, with the yearly releases, but I wonder if this could become a stronger possibility.

14. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

The Halo Collection sounds absolutely awesome. If a CoD Collection was striving to do the same thing, I'm certain it would be a sure fire hit...

15. PSIII

Staff Member

The bigger thing to note than how they release games is their positions. Halo is exclusive to Xbox, probably part of the reason why the collection is being released in the first place. It'll get more X1's sold, that's its purpose. Activision is obviously is in the middle, its franchise is multi-platform.

It is encouraging to know that the Multiplayer packages for the old Halo games are being included. They're going through with it despite the X1's smaller base (as opposed to the PS4's). Seeing how CoD is much bigger than Halo ever was, they probably could easily do the Multiplayer for the MW games again. An MW2 re-release is on the tongues of many people right now. I see comments everywhere for it these days. If they could at least be cajoled for MP for that (and even CoD4)...

#15 PSIII, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
  16. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I'd be really really pumped if it is though, COLLECTIONS SOUND AMAZING. If older games get their graphics enhanced, I'm totally buying into it. Sounds amazing, hope it's not fake, and I'm ready to drop some cash on it. TAKE MY MONEY.