Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Call Of Duty MW2 And MW3 On Mac

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by Alex Bean, May 21, 2014.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Member

View the Post on the Blog

2. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

This confirms that the prices for the old CoDs will never drop past $20 and that their DLC will always be $15. Good job, Activi$ion.

3. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

I actually really wanna buy MW2

4. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

I pretty sure for console games I've seen releases that have the first DLC pack packaged with the game. I wish I could remember the price. Even then, what's the point if they're hacked to shit? It's like selling old bread. At first it's alright, maybe it's a little dry, but good enough to make toast. The way the games are right now though, you basically have them selling a rotting pile of mold.

From what I've heard PC still has issues with cheating/hacking plus a lower player base. I could have sworn they dropped anti-cheat features for MW2 and before, or did they replace them?

I'd like to move over to Call of Duty on PC but they don't care to support it. Too bad.

5. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Thank you, Xenforo, for saving reply content between devices. So nice if your phone decides to freeze before you post.

BO, yeah for free. I actually don't remember if that was/is offered for MW3 and BO2 though. They do sell a good edition for Ghosts, so that will probably sell for the normal price of the game later.

It's frustrating on PC and PS3. You have to treat clean lobbies like the Holy grail. It's a gamble, really. But you'll have better success on the later games. Apart from Ghosts, BO2 shouldn't be too bad and MW3 hasn't been as bad as it was when it was the current game (yes, after BO2 came out, the number of hackers you ran into went down, plus IW pushed an update that would somewhat separate hackers away from everyone else). The main issue is MW2. It eats me alive knowing that the best game has to be dealt the unlucky hand in terms of the community's low quality and the number of jerks that ruin it for everyone else.

No, anti-cheat is there. It's all run by Steam's VAC. It isn't the greatest and not as quick to get rid of people as you'd like, but it's better than nothing (like on PS3). I see people getting kicked out of lobbies with the message "cheat detected" in the feed.

The recent franchise sale actually was a decent boost to the base. Get this, right now both BO2 and MW3 are more popular than Ghosts on Steam, while MW2 gets closer to it near peak hours. I re-bought the game for my current account for only $10 (easily got my money's worth after a few hours).

MW2 peaks at about 4000+ on weekdays, while doing 6000+ (or higher) on weekends. The other two, higher of course.

Can't lie, you need a lot of patience for the game. You'll have to sift through the modded lobbies, which could alert your preferences or classes. Progression on the mind is almost futile since you can just happen to get thrown in a modded lobby and get instantly to rank 70. Plus DLC drops the amount of lobbies available considerably.

It's such bullshit. Activision doesn't seem to realize that if these games were fully optimized and supported, they'd be so popular and liked. People would gladly pay to play and wouldn't be holding CoD in general in such negative light like it has been for the past couple of years. It's just the latest one and only put updates that are purchasable crap (looking at the personalization packs). Oh yeah, or for religious reasons (Favela still hasn't been re-added to the Steam version).

As I always say, the last one truly PC-friendly was CoD4. Even BO2, which is better optimized than some of the others lacks the personal servers and other stuff.

If MW2 supported mods, had the servers and console, like CoD4, none of the other games in the series would stand a chance. The lack of such completely fueled the aIW mod (holy shit, it was popular in its prime, pre-MW3) and proves that to be true

Man, shoulda gotten it during the sale a couple weeks ago. Half off.

6. WrestlinFan

WrestlinFan New Member

Overpriced games on overpriced hardware. Fitting.

7. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Name-brand items for name-brand price. It is indeed quite fitting.

8. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I love my Apple products and will take them to the grave with me.