Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How do I get Treyarch attention to this matter?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by BamDeafPie, Jul 6, 2014.

1. BamDeafPie

BamDeafPie Member

First of all, English is my second language so please forgive my grammars.

One year ago. I first posted on Call of Duty Black Ops 2 official website about their game lacking accessibility for Deaf players in Zombies game mode.

I figured it probably would be better to post links with full explanation.

My threads. As you can see how many views and comments (expect last few pages, for some reason my comment sudden spammed for no reason but anyway. http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200727179?start=0&tstart=0

and Developer respond in different thread I created under technical support.http://community.callofduty.com/message/414736007#414736007

Yeah it is almost one year and still no respond from them anymore. As if they have forgotten. So I thought I should bring it back from dead and pushing them again.

For clarity on these threads. We need keyboard chat supported and captions for easter egg voice overs in Zombies game mode. Keyboard chat for communicate purpose only. I have always been frustrated with random players and I can't even communicate properly.

So what should I do now? I contacted some of people that works for Kotaku to have them bring attention if they are willing as of now no word from them yet, though. What else I need to do to bring this attention to Treyarch? I think they are working on new game so I need to have them acknowledge this and make it happen for their next game. This is 2014. Xbone and PS4 already supports mouse and keyboard. THEY NEED TO HAVE THIS HAPPEN. Because of this, Deaf gamers have missed out and struggling to complete Easter Egg with deaf players and random players. I know i have manged to complete easter eggs on Xbox360 but that is only because of amazing gamers here and other site that helped me through skype texting. But not all Deaf players can have laptop and console same time. So far I am only one out of plenty of them have completed all easter eggs. Most of time they asked me for help and I did but without player with hearing ability and knowledge what to do is difficult. Adding captions for easter eggs voice overs and keyboard chat support is very simple and easy to get done. I don't even understand Treyarch.

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

From what I read in your threads on the official CoD forums, it looks like you've done all you can do. The fact that you've received a response from a AAA game developer, saying they've forwarded the request onto the proper department is a pretty big deal. Unfortunately, these types of changes take time and for a console game that's almost 2 years old, there's very little chance they'll be adding any extra features to the game now. Treyarch are most likely busy working on the next CoD game for release in 2015 and CoD:BO2 will only receive the occasional title update and some customisation DLC (if they plan to release more any that is).

In all honesty, I think you've got a better chance of seeing your concerns and ideas addressed or implemented in the next Treyarch CoD game. CoD:BO2 is just getting too old for them to continue allocating resources and money (not that they have a shortage of cash) to improving their last game any further.

I really hope support for disabled gamers gets more attention in the future...

3. BamDeafPie

BamDeafPie Member

thank you for support! Yeah I'm fine with them implement in their next game. But still, why they never add captions for Zombies voice overs when they did for single player story, ya know? I didn't know they are AAA game developer! But it has been a year. No reply or any kind of that from them since. I hope they do acknowledge. No words from them after AAA developer respond kinda worries me for their next game.

However, not only Teryarch but other games should have that too. Battlefield 4 on new gen consoles. I asked some of my friends if they have keyboard chat supported, unfortunate they don't. So new question is, where should I get every developers attention on this matter? Developers for all games I mean, such as battlefield, warfare, gears of war and etc. I'd want all of them to add keyboard chat support in their every games for consoles. PC always have that anyway but not everyone can afford gaming PC.

4. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Hm, great question!

I think it's best to stir up a much discussion as possible on.. well, everywhere CoD is actively discussed where developers are most likely peaking. Reddit, for example. Heck, even tweeting the developers may help. Technically, they can't ignore your tweet, but they probably won't respond, maybe. You may even go the lengths as to writing a letter to Treyarch.

Also, a change.org petition isn't a bad idea.

I think the developers don't assume deaf players actually play their games, or the percentage is very low, which is why they haven't actually implemented it in the console games. PC has it because mouse and keyboard is needed for navigating the computer itself, not every PC player has a mic, and some players use mouse and keyboard to play and can toggle efficiently without game play interruption.

As Wartyger said, you probably won't see it established in Black Ops 2 as of now. If you can spark a fire with a topic like this, Advanced Warfare may even resolve your concern. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree with you BamDeafPie. I find it odd that Treyarch wouldn't include subtitles for Zombies, especially when they know there is dialogue during the gameplay.

I agree with Futurelly too. Start an online petition and see how that goes...