Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What kind of map would you like to see in the next COD?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by Chingling, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Chingling

Chingling Member

In other words, what map would you want to see that has not been in previous games?

I don't believe that there has ever been a full out school map in any game. I think a school campus would be very interesting, with all of the different pathways to go and secret areas.

2. jdroc

jdroc Member

Yeah I like your thinking on that. I don't think I can recall a school map. I would like to see a map like Stadium. A really big map, that still allows for close range combat in some areas. I think I would like to see a map in an urban american neighborhood. Well, the "hood" so to speak. Or like in kingston, Jamaica, something like that.

3. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

would like to see a desert map. rolling hills and very little cover or none at all.this would almost force a team to set up a defensive line and weapons could be used for what they were ment to be.this would be great for team death match.living on the south side of Chicago see enough buildings that would be good game maps.:mod::rip::mod::rip:

4. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

How about a network of caves? Multiple cave paths would lead into a main chamber. Water would be dripping down everywhere. Bats hang from the ceiling and can temporarily distract enemies (like a flashbang or stun grenade) as they swarm to avoid explosions. And fragile stalactites can be shot and dropped onto enemies. Having NVG in your custom class would give you an advantage, because the visibility would be lower without them.

Something else I'd like to see in CoD maps, is more background action. Like tanks and other soldiers fighting in the areas outside the map boundaries, with explosions and gunfire going off all the time. It would make me feel like I'm part of a bigger conflict, rather than just 1 of 12 guys running around a remote area killing each other...

5. Jake_Arachnid

Jake_Arachnid New Member

Im not sure how everyone else would feel about this, but I'd like to see an entire street with all the houses as a map, so you can go into the back gardens of the houses and even go inside all the houses. Also I'd like to see one the old zombie maps as a multiplayer map, for example Kino, Five, and Mob of the Dead.

6. MERCURYSB3

that was one of the main reasons i like Mercenarys so much. you be driving along then would come up on a battle between North Korea and the Chinese or some other faction and you could join in or not. what was really cool was the news reports.there was a cave battle that got really intense in Conflict Vietnam.:painkiller::painkiller::painkiller:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

The Mercenaries games were great fun. I loved them both...

8. MERCURYSB3

my old green xbox finally burned up couldn't understand why then remembered i got it in 2004.just loved Mercenaries you could go into a contract and attact fifty different ways.i found after a couple of years all of the Chinese treasures and the South Korean atomic info but never found all of the "listening post".
    it was a rare game that was never boring.:love::love::love:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SMG

SMG Member

all great maps ideas !
    though one could say some of these have already been done in some form/reskinned in another COD, or you'll just get another reskinned map of it....then some will complain about the same map being reskinned.
    how about these for maps ?.....
    castle.......trench warfare.......straight up WOODS/FOREST/JUNGLE just the lay of the land, no other stuff......I like the idea of neighborhood walking into houses/ backyard/ & main street.......battleship map......multi level apt map.......some kind of island warfare that would require players to get to each island (don't know how this would work but sounds cool).......that's just off the top of my head.

I'm open to all ideas of map styles, what I'd really like to see is BIG maps with open long range shooting AND a mixture of mid/CQB in the same map (more than whats being offered now)....AND multiple levels, more than the basic 2 levels in some spots of the map, have 2-3 levels in the whole map or a lot of it vs just in a couple spots.

• Like Like x 1
  10. gadin210

gadin210 Member

An anti gravity map that has easter eggs and artificial gravity buttons that switch on and off on a timer.

11. Kyler

Kyler Member

I think I would like to see something unique and different than what is all common in other maps. I think there should be a map where it's huge and completely isolated and can fit a lot of players, where they have to travel on boats or planes to get to each other, or battle each other. Would be really interesting where there is a separation between lands and make it more interesting.

12. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Hard to say. They seem to sort of add new maps but also redesign previous maps in a way. I'm just expecting the typical COD maps.

13. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Another Hijacked.

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

I'm probably the only one who liked the map. The setting was beautiful.

14. SadeMay

SadeMay New Member

Anything small. I'm a run and gunner. I loved Dome, Nuketown and Firing Range. I had the most fun on those so it would have to be smaller maps where you can get a lot of kills.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

I would love a map with all kinds of obstacles, which will make the skill cap even higher. You need to get good at evading the obstacles on top of your shooting skills.