Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pawn Stars

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by maul codf, Sep 21, 2014.

1. maul codf

maul codf Member

I just really don't like this show. I always have to watch it because it seems to be on but I just don't like it I find the anecdotes annoying to say the least.
    What are everyone else's thoughts?

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

It's like a lot of the shows on TV these days. I think for the most part, they're just re-enactments of events from the experiences of the business owners.

I quite like Pawn Stars. Some of the stuff that comes into their store is pretty cool for its history (and that's coming from an Aussie point of view). Not like Hardcore Pawn, which is more about the drama/conflicts that take place between the family who own the store. Hardcore Pawn feels a lot more scripted and is very badly acted out...

3. jdroc

jdroc Member

It's okay, I hate the one with the pawnshop in Detroit. It's so totally fake. They pay those people to look like fools.

4. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

That's Hardcore Pawn...

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

Its an okay show for what it is. In general I'm not a fan of "reality" shows as I find them to be pretty predictable and boring. I think they're just as staged as dramas are, for the most part. Nonetheless I find it a pretty entertaining show when I watch it, which is not that often.

6. maul codf

maul codf Member

I think shows in general have gone a little too far with the gag comedy and no reality what so ever.

7. muskyking

muskyking Member

all fake my friend went to that pawn shop and they dont work there ,they shoot the tv show from a building in the back.

8. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Aaaaaand...my world has come crashing down around me. Thanks for bursting my bubble and ruining the illusion...