Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Call of Duty PS4/Xbox One Remaster Idea

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by BulletClub, Sep 22, 2014.

1. BulletClub

BulletClub New Member

Hello! I just signed up and didn't know about this forum. I'm a huge Call of Duty fan. Here's an idea I've had for a while, some of you may have the same idea too. I do not have a next gen console yet. Looking to get one very soon and my favorite online game on the Xbox 360 was Call of Duty 4: Modern warfare. Now let me get straight to the point.
    I want a remaster of CoD 4. I want it in a brand new engine with all the old maps and maps a few maps from MW2 included. They fix all the stuff that was wrong with CoD4 like perks and map glitches but keep everything the same. Basic and barebones. That game revolutionized FPS gaming and changed the way we play them online to this day. If anyone has any better ideas I'd love to discuss about this so we can all have an idea for the ultimate CoD remaster.

2. Chingling

Chingling Member

I agree that 4 was an amazing part of the franchise. If there were to be a remake, the engine redesign would be a major part of it. Being as old as it is, the mechanics of the game need an update. They could also improve the graphics of the game and make a lot of the physics much better

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

They can do a rebundled disc with all previous CODs. They did it for the Hitman series and upgraded the graphics for the PS3. Why not do the same for the next gen consoles?

4. BulletClub

BulletClub New Member

Like the Halo collection coming out on Xbox One? I guess that would be pretty cool but they would need to be able to fuse all the games into one instead of having to switch. I'm not really sure exactly how it would work.

5. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is something I want desperately.

Then I delve deeper into the thought: Call of Duty is released yearly. Releasing both remasters and a new Call of Duty in the same year, they'd be competing with each other in terms of player count, maybe sales, too. (Even though Activision won't mind, they just don't want to official admit they don't) Especially if the remasters and currently scheduled Call of Duty aren't from the same developers. It'd just make the newest Call of Duty seem like a waste of time and money. However, if the remasters and current Call of Duty are from the same developers, I'm sure Activision would want you to play the newest. It'd just make it seem like Activision is hella greedy, past the measure of how the gaming community labels them now.

Master Chief could be because Halo 5 isn't scheduled to release until Q4 2015. Then again, there's Destiny and MCC. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯