Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Multiplayer What do you think about all the hate Ghosts has received?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by js85, Sep 22, 2014.

1. js85

js85 Member

There's no doubt that the reviews have been rough on Ghosts - especially recently. I see more people on Blops2 than are on Ghosts at any given time. It seems like a lot of people abandoned Ghosts very quickly. It's nice to see a forum of people still playing.

Are you disappointed? Have you switched back to older games?

Personally I got sick of the camping pretty quickly. Especially in HCTDM, you can't go anywhere without a corner camper. I've found myself going to just play squads instead of true multiplayer. Has it gotten any better?

2. AFKATafcar codf

For the record, Ghosts deserved all of the hate that it received. The survival mode was decently fun and the story didn't suck, but everything else was pretty terrible.

3. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Nice bump, but meh.

People who say it straight up sucks don't know what they're talking about usually. The game's MP is the smoothest and most functional in the series by far (by the actual gameplay and movements). They go on like it's broken or something lol. I really feel most say it just to fit in with everyone else.

As I said in the past, the MP's issue is its total lack of depth. Like no depth at all. Get points and unlock stuff instantly. No working for anything other than camos and patches/emblems. And after a bunch of matches, the experience doesn't change much. Gets really boring. Haven't touched it in months (and before that, months as well) and still have no urge to play it, maybe never again. Play one match and already get tired of it and don't want to deal with it anymore.

*Edit*

I'd prefer the next IW title to not be a Ghosts sequel, at least for MP, by the ways.

#3 PSIII, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  4. Disasterpiece

Disasterpiece Active Member

I don't know about you guys, but there's just something about the way the game feels that just doesn't do it for me. Black Ops 2 just feels.. better.

5. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

played ghost for the first time in about eight months and did an Elpresador and ran around like an idiot
    and had a fun time no goals or capping flags just run and gun and had a great time.see they made Strikeout 24/7:twitch::twitch::twitch:

6. musky123

musky123 Member

ghosts and advanced warfare are pretty close to the suck level.

7. MERCURYSB3

ehhh, COD-AW classic mode is not bad. the weapons need some getting use to but an ok game.
    got to tell you musky123 picked up MW2 its a really great game. old school compared to whats up now and just fun.:wave::wave::wave:

8. LGNPanda

LGNPanda New Member

Ghosts and Advanced Warfare were way out of our time, meaning they turned into sci-fi fps games. This was the cause of all the hatred which is what I think. People liked CoD mainly because it was realistic, or somewhat realistic and people feel hyped when they get a kill feed but with Ghost and Advanced Warfare, most people just don't feel it anymore because the maps are just larger.

9. MERCURYSB3

LGNPanda you nailed it. if your a veturan gamer it was too much crap going on.Ghost missed a chance to be one of the best COD games ever.the large maps gave a chance for some great ground battles
    i think Siege and Stone haven are the largest maps could you imagine 12v12 or 16v16 lobbys the games would had been epic.when i first played Ghost i be on Siege in a 4v4 lobby and at times could watch the birds fly over before seeing a badguy or even hearing a shot fired.this may be good for a sniper or a gamer who likes to sneak around but as far as an action pact game not happening.thats why i like Groundwar mode when they are filled really good battles and just a lot of fun.LGNPanda welcome to the forum after reading your post no doubt you been around the block before.:welcome::welcome::welcome:i play COD-AW but in classic mode gives me a chance to know the weapons and how they work and no jumping around nonsense.

10. LGNPanda

LGNPanda New Member

Thank you for the welcome and I wish to stay!

11. jamiew23

jamiew23 Member

I'll be honest I thought Ghosts wasn't that good at all! I got so pumped for it then the first online match I had was on the map Stone haven and I genuinely couldn't believe how big the map was. It took me ages to find anyone and the game just felt really slow and boring. The maps were all way too big.

12. Kyler

Kyler Member

I think it's subjective. I don't actually know why people did hate it but I personally didn't even mind. I didn't have an opinion, nor did I have anything on my mind really. I just think at the end of the day it's subjective and they're entitled to their opinion.

13. CemeteryGates23

CemeteryGates23 New Member

So far it's been a drag, both online and single-player.
    I do like the bigger maps because for the first time it feels like sniper rifles have a place in the game (multiplayer anyway; and don't even mention quickscoping, ugh), but they're just empty! It'd be great if the lobby allowed for more people, but it'd be better if people actually played the game. Can hardly blame them though, everything about Ghosts seems so... stale.

14. Corten

Corten New Member

Sooner or later they had to make a huge mistake and that's Ghosts. No matter how you phrase it, it's not up to par to the rest of the series. Which is sad, because it had potential.

15. Kyler

Kyler Member

Well put, I guess you're right but that dos happen sometimes and it's pretty sad. I believe they could of made it better, but perhaps next time?

16. preddy_

preddy_ New Member

In my opinion, the hate that Ghosts got from the majority was very much deserved. The game on a whole was just terrible. The whole feeling to the game was just not fun at all. They really need to make a Call of Duty WAW 2. Ghosts was the final straw for me, regarding the Call of Duty franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kyler

Kyler Member

Absolutely.

18. bilgobaggons

bilgobaggons New Member

Call of Duty games are generally thought of as dumbed down shooters which is a lie in my opinion. There's depth to be found but its not what the developers are catering for. Its a game built for casual players which is good and bad. The devs however deserve the hate they gate for the game because they have shown to not care at all about the hardcore fans who actually see the game much more than a "pick em up for a match or 2".

19. MERCURYSB3

almost think the COD games are "dumbing" down, makes you wonder if they (devs) are just putting junk out so like you said anyone can play.years back we had tons of post about camping and quickscopers but hardly read anything about that in the newer games, maybe accepted or no one cares.it could be why cod games like MW2 and 3 are seeing new players hell youtube trollers are now playing mw2.believe there will be a devide among gamers "old school" and new .like some of us who only listen to "classic rock" cause we can't stand the new stuff so it will be with the new games that are geared more for the future gamer. its no doubt that the developers must think that us older gamers will "retire" from COD and start to play "Hot Shot" golf...:mmph::mmph::mmph:

20. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

I just hated my connection at the time. Ghosts was probably acceptable.