Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Multiplayer What do you think about COD: Ghosts in comparison with the other COD games?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by FuZyOn, Sep 22, 2014.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

I really enjoyed COD: Ghosts but my all time favorite is COD 1. I don't know, I guess I really like the theme.
    What do you guys think?

2. Smokey

Smokey New Member

I feel it's honestly the worst CoD game to date. I always seem to really dislike Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer CoD games though. Modern Warfare 2 was the last IW game I enjoyed. MW3 was a joke, Ghosts was horrible. Black Ops and Black Ops 2 from Treyarch were OK,nothing too special but probably the least hacked out of the series.

3. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

CoD:G has been the weakest link in the chain by far, in my opinion. IW tried to rework old ideas and it became a total mess.

CoD:BO2 is my favourite CoD game. It was virtually perfect as far as I'm concerned. With any luck, CoD:AW will be even better, as it is trying to improve on the best parts of CoD:BO2, namely the Pick 10 and Scorestreak systems...

4. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Ghosts didn't really settle right with me. I didn't like the removal of the UAV and camping was pretty much promoted.

As far as single player, I'll be buyng Ghosts 2 for it, believe it or not. I found the campaign interesting.

5. js85

js85 Member

I agree that it's probably the worst CoD I've played, but I'm optimistic that it's just a flub and they'll come back better.

6. SoraLimit

SoraLimit New Member

To be honest, IW tried to market Ghost as the next big game changer since the first Modern Warfare. The only problem is that it plays like a worse version of Black Op 2, which was the better game between the two. I'm not expecting Advance warfare to be any different, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

7. CemeteryGates23

CemeteryGates23 New Member

I've been playing since the very first Call of Duty, played very little of it and CoD 3, so not much to say there, but every game has had its own thing.
    CoD 2 had some very memorable missions and was a quality game by all means.
    CoD 4 is, in my opinion, the best game in the series by far. The campaign was incredible, the characters thoroughly memorable, the guns varied and distinct (I can't stress distinct enough), great musical score and multiplayer was a blast. It was simple and it was sweet.
    WoW had some pretty good moments, though I've always felt the Treyarch games feel kinda... chunkier? I'm not sure how to describe it, but the movement doesn't feel as good. This game did introduce the zombies and that was a highlight for sure.
    MW2 had a Hollywood-esque campaign, but it was very enjoyable. I believe it evolved CoD4's multiplayer and cemented the system that has made the franchise go from a major FPS series to one of the all-time biggest video-game IPs and their consecutive annual sales records. It did get full of hackers very quick, though, and it's the game where I've felt the gap in skills between players online has been the biggest. No matchmaking on that end.
    Black Ops had a somewhat interesting campaign, solid multiplayer, good music, amazing zombies... it had a lot of good stuff going for it.
    MW3 was a joke. A sick joke. The campaign was so overwhelmingly dull and boring, it was a chore to get through it, and obviously the whole script felt something beyond butchered... even forced to a conclusion, I feel. Multiplayer was okay, but not great.
    Black Ops 2 had some very interesting gameplay innovations as far as single-player went, but that campaign wasn't interesting enough to warrant more than a single playthrough. Excellent multiplayer with amazing balance. Decent music.
    Ghosts... can we skip this one already? I can't imagine anyone in charge of overseeing the game actually took the time after the staff worked on their own bits to sit and play through it at any point during development to realize what a piece of garbage it was. Multiplayer is equally dull. The only thing I applaud is the sad and unfortunate inclusion of big maps where the sniper rifle feels like it has a reason to be included in the game at all. I don't even get mad at being quickscoped, but the whole concept of it happening is like "why bother with making the guns different in appearance and giving them proporties?"
    AW... haven't played it yet. I hear 90% good things. I keep thinking I was a damn fool to buy Ghosts special edition with online pass instead of vanilla AW.

So to be on topic... CoD is a decent FPS franchise even if it feels like ti's been cheapened up and exploited for money and all that stuff. But Ghosts? Should be taboo to bring it up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

cool name Cemetery Gates 23.hell of a metal band name.anyway Ghost you are right and whats sad is the game could had been great if they could had lobbys for some of the big maps maybe 12v12 or even 16v16.COD-AW is a good game to a point.if you get in a lobby with good players then its fun but if you get in a lobby with kids they just jump all over untill the clock runs out.i play classic mode no jumping and rarely does anyone use lazer weapons.as much as i don't like battlefield 4 but it seems to be what everyone is looking for,gun on gun and a little bit of thinking when playing.:lalala::lalala::lalala:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kyler

Kyler Member

Compared to the other versions of COD, it's a downside for me. I've always liked the other COD games because to me they are more interesting. Ghosts wasn't such a great game because it was just completely different and weird to me, I would choose any other COD any time.

10. Smokey

Smokey New Member

I enjoyed Ghosts campaign and will probably pick up Ghosts 2 when it's dirt cheap myself. Since I made my initial post in this thread, Ghosts has sorta grew a little on me, but it's still not that great, better than Advanced Warfare however.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

It was one of the worst Call of Duty games. In fact, I think it's the first one I didn't really enjoy. The campaign, although over-the-top like the others, failed to impress me. This was especially noticeable when Riley got shot, and instead of caring about him and being affected, I was only thinking "Ugh, now I have to carry him around? Great!". The single player also felt too easy (I managed to complete it on veteran with about 10 deaths).

The multi player was also mediocre, because all the maps felt the same. This can be reflected by its very low player count.

However, Extinction was for me hands down the best part of the game. It felt like a zombie mode, only... more fun. Don't know why.

12. CemeteryGates23

CemeteryGates23 New Member

Hehe, well, it's already a great metal song if you ask me. :D

But yeah, I agree: had they incorporated bigger lobbies they would've added a lot to mutliplayer with those big maps, it would've been very fun despite the flaws on everything else.

13. Corten

Corten New Member

It's not the best game in the series, that's for sure, but it's still not the worst. I don't know how many of you played CoD3, now that was bad. I kinda enjoyed it, especially the space levels, I'm a sucker for those. But, yes, I have to agree with you guys, this is not a solid game.

14. O_Wright

O_Wright New Member

For me Ghosts is not nearly as fun as some of the others back in the day. MW2, MW1 and WAW, all of these game were unique had nothing similar to the one before it. Yes MW2 was the sequel to MW1, but it was still different in a very pleasant way.
    Personally, I don't like all of these new technology and advanced stuff in games, especially not in my COD games, I simply prefer sneaking behind enemy lines with a silenced 'Tommy Gun' in the German battlefields. That was my type of game, my type of COD. Ghosts unfortunately isn't.
    On the other hand, the completely new (at the time) MW1 had refreshing features that I don't feel with Ghosts, adding onto the list of disadvantages along with the complexity of the multiplayer.
    The customisable players are unnecessary, why not just have the traditional COD layout with unlockable loadouts?
    However, there are certain mesmerising points in Ghosts too, like the space mission for example which was refreshing not just to see but to play too.
    Compared with the other COD's Ghosts doesn't get my vote, but is still a very reasonable game.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

My thoughts also! :) I'd pick Ghosts over Advanced Warfare any day of the week. Glad you grew fond of it over time!

16. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

In my opinion I do find Ghost's multiplayer to be not a patch on the earlier versions, the modern warfares had such a stronger map choice and intensity, what do you think?

17. tarverten

tarverten New Member

I think it's still a fun and intense MP. It could have been brighter, but it was pretty decent compared to other series. Almost all of the COD games had a great MP.

18. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

It was way to laggy. Maps were terrible. The graphics were poor. I didn't enjoy at all. It could have been a decent game if there weren't any Ieds. That basically ruined the entire game for me. It got me so mad that I didn't even rage, just sat there and accepted it. The lag was a huge problem. Especially in competitive.

19. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

I think it's basically the same cut and paste we've been getting since MW2.

Every year we get fed "it's different", just for it to be the same old thing year in and year out.

20. jamiew23

jamiew23 Member

I was really disappointed with ghosts. I hyped it up loads then I went online for the first time and was put into stonehaven which was ridiculously big and I ended up running around for ages trying to find people whilst getting sniped in the back. Maps were just too big :\

• Like Like x 1