Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts News No Call of Duty, Titanfall or Destiny for Chinese Xbox One Launch

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Shawn Hopkins, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins Administrator

View the Post on the Blog

2. AFKATafcar codf

China, I believe, just got its first Halo title ever with the Master Chief Collection.

3. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Yeah, China has just officially ended its long console ban, and they just released the Master Chief Collection in there. It's interesting how China, one of the biggest countries of the world, didn't sell consoles for so long.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

it's not that surprising, honestly. I don't know why they didn't sell consoles but they probably have alternatives. There are a lot of companies in that country, so they probably like to keep the economy flow going.

5. AFKATafcar codf

It's all about censorship. Positive themes in video games like courage, fighting authority, and changing the status quo worry Chinese leaders. I mean, that's pretty much the best explanation for the console ban because that country only lets in like 14 foreign films per year, and none of those films can contain content deemed anti-government or anti-China.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

That could be a reason as well, you're not wrong! I didn't think too much about it, but I really hate China's government. The leaders were communist and after the communism went down they were like "hey guys, we were a democratic government all along. Let us keep the power".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fozz

Fozz Member

That's not surprising considering the government level of censorship. It's also a shame because no doubt it would add to the player base (and they'd probably enjoy it)

8. AFKATafcar codf

If the common people of China, AKA not the leaders and not the rich, ever decide to throw the country into civil war, then you can bet things are going to get real in the world.

I doubt that will happen, but change is going to come to China sooner or later, and it's not guaranteed to be a bloodless transformation.

China sucks, definitely. At least its government does.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

I don't think we're gonna see government changes anytime soon, the system is really well protected and it would be quite hard for them to causa a big mishap. Still, China is a very vast land so maybe its people are going to revolt.