Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

knowing..

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by MERCURYSB3, Oct 31, 2014.

1. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

it took about a year and a half to adjust to a playing style that worked for me. i am a support player i just don't have the chops to R&G or the skill to snipe.so i can contribute to a team win now with what i do. so now can you say how long it really took to get to a point in your gaming when you felt "this is what i do" also how long did it take to come into your own.to find the right loadout package and the right tacs and lethals to make you a successful player.:gossip::gossip::gossip:

2. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Black Ops 2 ruined my original play style, as much as I praise the game.

Before Black Ops 2, I used to be a rusher. I loved the run & gun style because, frankly, I'm impatient. But, I don't know, I was getting a strange feeling that rushing, to continue it in Black Ops 2, would only cause me to try much harder than I'd do in previous games. Don't get me wrong, when Black Ops 2 first released, I was rushing. Actually, the first gun I got gold was the Vector, but I got so fixated on K/D, that rushing was shaving that number greatly. So I quit rushing and went with an Assault Rifle hybrid. I tried to rush in Ghosts, too, because of my true love that is named Marathon, but the constant deaths.. eh, I couldn't adjust. Switched to the AK-12 and it was the first gun I got gold within less than a month.

I'll try out rushing in Advance Warfare. The Exo suits do call to make a rushing class. Back in Black Ops 2, I would sometimes play slayer, or I would play support, depending on how I'm feeling during the moment. ....or solmely play support if I'm going against a bunch of egotistical tryhards with high score streaks. Counter > EMP > Orbital.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I play every playstyle. I usually tend to rush though. I rush with all weapons as well. Rarely do I hold up a position. I constantly like to work the map and spawn system to hopefully come out in my favor.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MERCURYSB3

its no doubt that "rushers" primary weapon is a weapon that can kill with one or two shots or a SMG that fires very fast, being a rusher they would be in more face to face gunfights. but what always impressed me more was choice of secondary weapon.always wondered if the secondary weapon was given some thought or just picked at random and in Black-ops2 if anyone went as far as to add an attachment.:laser::laser::laser:

5. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

I don't want to talk about MW3, but on BO2 I loved getting feeds with lmgs. I just hung around one part of the map and checked head glitches all game (Mind you, no target finder). Other times I pulled out a shotty and tac insert to flank all the snipers on Dom. It was boring compared to how I play now. Switching to PC the only logical choice game mode is TDM, so I have to go out there and make kills. Tried out assault rifles w/ no secondary, discovered stock and quickdraw and haven't turned back. Not afraid to win gunfights running cqc with assault. I find I am also pretty smart with a combat knife. I am a knife runner when I need to blow off steam.

6. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

The only time I ever rush, is when I need to get to cover fast, or I'm spawned really far from all the action. I've always tried to play tactically and support the team whenever possible. I'm the guy using Engineer/Sitrep and destroying your placed explosives with my EMP grenades. I'm the guy that hears "Enemy UAV is in the air!!" and I promptly force it to land...very hard, with my lock-on launcher.

That's my preferred playstyle. It's always worked for me in the past, so I have no reason to think it won't work in CoD:AW...

• Like Like x 1
  7. MERCURYSB3

that makes me wonder if playing "infected" is a good training ground for players who use knife in other games.and in MW3 see a lot of quickscopers use knife as a secondary seems to allow player to be fast and very effective during games that get really intense when only one or two kills separate win from loss.also knife kills don't show up on UAVs.:fencing::fencing::fencing:

8. MERCURYSB3

and i will bet you can not say how many games you have saved or turned around by taking out badguys UAV or counter UAV and keeping them from getting major scorestreak.i get amazed at how many players don't know how a UAV really works and what it really does.:wacko::wacko::wacko:

9. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

I much prefer it over handguns any day. I juke an enemy well.

10. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a bet you'd be sure to win. Taking out the enemy scorestreaks makes a huge impact to the outcome of the game and it has the advantage of pissing of most players, which makes them lose concentration and their game suffers. It's a win win situation for my team...

11. MERCURYSB3

its rare to find a player who puts "team" ahead of personal gain.
    its a job that most players won't do yet screams, "someone take down that damn helo". Wartyger its an "Honor" to find a "Brother in Arms":thumb::thumb::thumb: Brothers_in_Arms_-_Hour_of_Heroes.jpg

• Like Like x 1