Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you think of universities?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by Kyler, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Kyler

Kyler Member

What's your stand on the educational system of universities?

2. Disasterpiece

Disasterpiece Active Member

good shit bruzz

3. Kyler

Kyler Member

Lol, I'm not sure I understand.

4. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

it's not bad I guess. I hear a lot of people still struggle to find jobs even though they finish university. Many people say that getting education will result in a really good paying job, but that's not 100% guaranteed.

5. SMG

SMG Member

rcollege degree....over rated, unless you're going for something special where its really needed & you plan on getting that type of job.
    though many kids go for this/that and never land with a job doing what they went to college for....LMAO !!! & they're standing next to someone & doing the same job that someone didn't go to college for LOL !
    meet many people like this with college degrees an they're doing the same thing that someone w/o any college degree.
    or they keep switch majors because they have no clue as to what they want to do = more debt.
    & at the same time you meet or hear of people with no college degree & they're doing great $$$$
    if you're gonna do college then pick your field of profession wisely ! otherwise its overrated.
    also remember the supply / demand issue with your field....and the way the world is heading to for certain fields.
    just because you went to college doesn't make you smart in the real world ! you could be as dumb as a box of rocks IMO !

remember 2 times that stand out (funny) came across 2 younger kids (mils) over the years.....tell they to do something.....& their reply was " how ? "...BTW ...how do you connect a garden hose to a faucet :eek: -NO SH!T !!!.& he was serious !..... it was a bad day for me & I lost it on that idiot when he said that :D
    this hasn't changed since it was invented !!!...more or less was a young stupid privileged kid :rolleyes:
    then....how you connect a airline :confused: .....well its a very simple process ...blah,blah,blah.....:facepalm:
    :oops: that was my cousin....dumbass! (for the airline...now a pencil pushing B)

#5 SMG, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  6. Kyler

Kyler Member

I have heard that to be true a lot of times. Weird. Why do they bother going to it then?

7. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

Universities are good starting point for the one who aims a priviledged work. It is important I think nowdays to go at the university in order to have a degree since in the near future it will become quite a must to have in order to work.

8. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

not for all. untill they put a keyboard on a shovel someone will still have to do the "grunt" work.:nerd::nerd::nerd:

9. SMG

SMG Member

you don't always have to go to college to get a good paying job, & if you don't go to college doesn't mean you'll only have low paying grunt jobs either !
    they're millionaires w/o college degrees (case in point virgin records etc... guy = high school drop out !...though that's a special case in point :D not everyone will be that lucky!)
    some jobs w/o college you could make some great money, pick the right field & location/ be willing to relocate if need be.
    actors, musicians , artists, etc...doubt most of them went to college, though this is lottery thing if you hit it big or go no where.
    construction you can make great money, depends on your drive & connections...though its feast an famine when it comes to the seasons.
    trust me theres so many fields of work that you can make good $ in w/o college, & most of those are learned trades put plain an simple learning the trade on the job or you're good at that, or go to a /short training school (kind of like college) to get training for the job.
    don't get wrong some are not as safe as a desk job, though safety standards are there & good pay.

college is nothing more than pre-on the job training, so once you start that job you know how to do it. you're paying someone to teach you that job, but if you already know how to do that job & can prove yourself, do you really need to prove it with some piece of paper from a college ? NO !
    do you really think if someone that's an accountant for something & their kid learned almost everything about being an accountant from their parent & KNOW the whole trade of beinging an accountant....do you really think they'd go to college to become an accountant ? if they can prove they know how...let alone be a apprentice at their parents firm (easy walk in job & referral for next job = on the job training w/o college)

while back met up with someone in the field, this subject came up.....blah,blah,blah,.....
    you go to college ? ....nope (BTW he went for some business major, far from what he was doing LMAO!)
    I did.
    what you make $ ?
    blah,blah,blah,.....about even ( just depends on the hours put in)
    your gloves dirty ? yes
    so are mine & I'm standing next to you basically working in the same kind of field & dealing with almost same issues.

#9 SMG, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  10. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I recently graduated from the 3rd largest university in the U.S.

11. mooray

mooray New Member

I think degree is over-rated! In a capitalism world, universities don't serve to make people rich but they are there for research purposes. For a better advanced future

12. ellyjude

ellyjude New Member

In my country universities are regarded as very special places compared to secondary and primary institutes. This is because of the fun in most universities. It is the dream of every teenager to join a university after completion of the secondary level. the problem is that we have limited chances in universities because they are fewer universities compared to other developed countries.

13. Fozz

Fozz Member

Generally, overpriced, unless you have a scholarship. In most cases, not worth the debt.

14. mooray

mooray New Member

You are right. Most people go to university just for the fun. University really exposes you to a lot of people and it really fun with parties, friends and getting wasted.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

They don't teach you anything but you do need their degree to make your life easier. Gladly, I live in Romania so I don't accumulate debt but this aspect sucks for other countries.

16. Newtbro

Newtbro Member

It really depends on if you need a degree for the career you want. If not then there is no major reason to take it.

17. walter12

walter12 New Member

Well they are rather necessary to get a degree for a better future

18. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I think the Universities main priority seems to be making money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

Most (not all) seem to have deviated away from their original system of "many different ideas and ideologies in one localized area" to "one ideology in one.localized area or GTFO", this is of course highly regional, though as a broad analysis universities seem to almost require attendees to be on the left/far left.

As well as that they seem to exist to eat money. It used to be that going to university was for the sharpest and most intelligent minds in society. Now it's "pay up for a course that everybody does so unless you're the best in your field you are gonna spend your life flipping burgers wondering what went wrong" they now exist for two reasons (again this is highly regional) but those reasons are political indoctrination and putting someone into debt before they have a job.

20. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

The various positions about universities and education in this thread puzzle me. I have a PhD. I used to teach at the university level, but I changed path and now my degrees are of no use to me. I still don't regret getting the education... And no, university was not about fun and parties, it was about learning, writing essays and giving conferences around the globe...

Of course, I might have a different perception of the whole thing if I was in the US were it's very expensive to study...