Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Discussion Would you like a sequel to this game?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Armando, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Armando

Armando Member

Or better yet, not just a sequel but another game based on the Ghost universe. Just to see where they would go from the scenario they created. What do you guys think? Is it worth it to go back and make Ghost its own series?

2. roydominic33

roydominic33 Member

Yes I think this series is quite feasible as it is open to many backstories and twists. The writers can also align some parts with the modern warfare plot to make it more interesting. Or maybe they could start with Elias' past with Rorke. There are so many possibilities.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Definitely! As roydominic33 said, the story is quite feasible so they can come up with a lot of stuff in a sequel. As long as the gameplay is drastically improved I'm down for it!

4. tajnz

tajnz New Member

I'm keen on the idea of Ghosts being turned into a series, especially given the ending we were given. In fact, I'd rather play a second Ghosts game then a second Advanced Warfare title.

5. Armando

Armando Member

I have your opposite opinion but I get what you mean. :D Ghosts definitely deserves another chance, the only thing it really lacked was some actual thing that made it unique in terms of gameplay, but the story and the background were really interesting and they need to do more with them.

6. Respawn

Respawn New Member

I would certainly like to see a sequel, probably even more than one. I liked the Ghosts story very much and I want more of it. But on the other hand, I dont want to see more of the same. They must keep improving things in their game.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

The Call of Duty franchise always delivered when it came down to campaigns and story, they just have to improve the aspects of the gameplay more. That's what really lacked from the games.

8. HuskyGlazier

HuskyGlazier New Member

A sequel would be cool, but I don't know if it will happen. People have already expressed their frustration with the repetitive use of the futuristic theme. Ghosts got a bad knock from the community in the general. So, I don't think that Infinity Ward will make a sequel in terms of just profitability because the people who really hated Ghosts are unlikely to buy a sequel.
    But, it would be cool. Since Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare both have the futuristic movement, I think some people would look to a Ghosts sequel, if it still had classic movement, as the CoD game most true to the franchise.

9. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

Honestly now, I wouldn't like a sequel of Ghost because I would like the CoD developers to focus more their attention on a new valid title.

10. Armando

Armando Member

That's always an option, of course. But they would probably want to choose the safest route, that is making a sequel to an already recognizable name.

11. Nasim J

Nasim J New Member

Nope, I'd rather they don't focus on this series and instead return to the warfare and black ops series.

12. Spectre456 codf

While I thought Ghosts was decent I don't think it needs a sequel. The World does have possibilities, but I'd much rather they focus on something else.

13. Pitch

Pitch New Member

Yes, I would! I must say that I 'discovered' Ghosts a little late, but now that I have, I can't seem to get enough of it.

14. liam66

liam66 New Member

Yeah, why not? I mean, the mini-franchise seems like what they're going for anyway, so I think it's fair to expect a new Ghosts game. I liked it, really really liked it, lot more than Advanced Warfare for example, and would definitely love to see a sequel. As long as it makes sense, story-wise that is.

15. Captain Remus

Captain Remus New Member

This game definitely needs a sequel. Especially with the ridiculous cliffhanger ending. Perhaps make another game with the brothers as enemys while you play as a third party. Certainly a great opportunity to create an adrenaline pack campaign with several twists.

16. Atalia

Atalia New Member

It would be nice to have a series. I feel like they would do a better job at it as far as Black Ops.

17. IntricateContraption

It does seem like the devs are looking at differentiating themselves from the usual humdrum but I don't think Ghosts is the better candidate for a new series. I'd much prefer a new Advanced Warfare if anything.

18. Squigly

Squigly New Member

I'd be quite hyped to see a sequel to Ghosts, I think that the storyline was better than Advanced Warfare. Of course Black Ops' storyline will probably get much more development before this is picked up.

19. BradR

BradR New Member

I don't think I would. Ghosts was one of the few Call of Duty's I literally got bored of straight away. I even found the new extinction mode repetitive and that didn't appeal to me at all. The multiplayer, however, was good but as I said, it's far too repetitive and I felt like it didn't keep me playing.

20. dblanch

dblanch New Member

I wouldn't mind a sequel at all. I'm a big fan of the futuristic Call of Duty games, so I'd love to see them continue this trend for a little while longer. After a couple more releases like this, I wouldn't mind if they drastically changed directions. In fact, at that point, that would probably make the most business sense anyway.