Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts News Was 'Ghosts' a good name?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Pitch, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Pitch

Pitch New Member

I think that the name is what made me want to get started playing, but was 'Ghosts' really a good name? Ghosts, to me, implies that it should be spooky. I can't find too much spookiness about it.

2. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Its implication was far from what it meant. Check the official Wiki on the campaign of Ghosts.

I'm sure Ghosts was a good game, it's just that at the time, I had terrible connection speeds, so I was more frustrated at that rather than the game itself.

3. Pitch

Pitch New Member

Gotcha. Yeah, slow connections really suck for gamers. Fast computer, fast internet - all things you have to check. Sometimes you just get used to playing a certain way, and don't even notice it, then you suddenly get a fast connection and you realize quickly what you've been missing.

4. Armando

Armando Member

I think Ghosts is a great name. The idea of a spec ops team called like that is great. It implies that they're scary and most probably dangerous individuals, that are efficient and skilled. I mean I know it's also because of that character from Modern Warfare 2 that it's called like that but it's cool either way.

5. liam66

liam66 New Member

Well yeah, when you put in that context then it does make sense AND sound very cool, but not a lot of people knew that. Especially since COD is pretty much as mainstream as it gets for the world of video games, some people were bound to be introduced to the series from this game. Marketing wise, I think they could've come up with something better. Story wise, it's the absolute best name they could've come up with.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Ghosts was decent, but nothing that blew its competition out of the water. There were a lot of issues that pulled the game down, but it was fun to play it.

7. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

What's in a name? It's just a bunch of letters arranged in a way it can be read and understood.

The next CoD game could be called Call of Duty: Dingle Berries and I'd still want to play it...

8. liam66

liam66 New Member

Hahaha :D

Funny. And poetic. Nice job.

Anyway, I agree, Call off Duty doesn't need a fancy name to sell to their already established fanbase, but like I said earlier, Call of Duty is pretty much the first game somebody thinks of when they say "video games" and to somebody new coming into gaming, they'd probably want to check out the best game out there. Not sure they would buy Call of Duty: Dingle Berries.

9. Money702

Money702 New Member

I liked the name it had a great ring to it. If they traded out the word ghost for phantom I don't think it would make for such a great title.

10. ned

ned New Member

As good as any, I guess. I never really pay attention to game names, unless they're ridiculous.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Yeah, I think that Ghosts was an alright name. Hell, I'd even go so far as to call it cool. It kind of suited the theme of the game and the theme of the main story, and overall it was a nice change from the usual "... Warfare" titling.

12. ellyjude

ellyjude New Member

I totally agree with you, there is not much spookiness as expected as the name suggests. I was also drawn to the game by its name and expected scary staff but to no avail.

13. Captain Remus

Captain Remus New Member

I really expected the lore behind the ghosts to be really interesting and intimidating, but let's face it, the ghosts really weren't as hardcore as they were expected to be. They aren't any different from any other Call of Duty hero.