Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts News Eminem's Song

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Pitch, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Pitch

Pitch New Member

Old news, but I loved the fact that Eminem's song, "Survival" was actually nominated as one of the best songs to represent a video game. It didn't win, but I still think it's the perfect song, and deserved a nomination.

2. Armando

Armando Member

Call of Duty Ghosts is one of the first things I think about when I listen to that song. I'd say it did its job perfectly. :p

3. liam66

liam66 New Member

It was a good representation, but I was a little childish and kinda hated Eminem for "selling out". Absurd now when I look at it, but I was used to some great songs from him, and this one didn't feel like his song, you know what I mean? Great song though.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Honestly, I don't think Eminem sold out. Seriously, he's a multi-millionare, he doesn't need anymore money. He probably just enjoyed the game, wanted to do a song for it and Call of Duty paid him for it. I wouldn't call him a sellout..

5. liam66

liam66 New Member

Like I said, I might've been a little childish in calling Eminem a sellout for that song, it's just that he really doesn't strike me like a guy who enjoys playing video games. But maybe he did enjoy Call of Duty so he made the song. I don't know.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Well, appearances are sometimes wrong. With all of this out of the way, I'd say the song was still decent though as you've said: not his style.

7. liam66

liam66 New Member

Well yeah, but the dude's versatile, you know what I mean? He can pull off a lot of different styles as far as rap goes. Just look at his early stuff compared to what he does now, huge difference and I think both are good in their own way.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Definitely. Even when he was younger and more angsty he was still able to put out different styles. Every album of his has a different background and mindset. I love the new Eminem as well, he is now more focused on inspiring and motivating people.

9. Money702

Money702 New Member

I'm a little tired off the Eminem songs. That song kind of got played out. I'd rather they had used a 'Run the Jewels' song for the game.

10. liam66

liam66 New Member

Yeah, definitely. I like the Eminem. Old one had some pretty good motivational songs. Till I Collapse has to be the single most motivating songs in rap IMO. I think his older song Soldier would be a lot better fit for the game, but then again, that wouldn't have made money for anybody.

11. ned

ned New Member

It's a good song and it deserved the nomination. I don't see the big deal with it being Eminem's song really.

12. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I honestly hate that music video. His song is fantastic, as was 80% of the songs on MMLP2, but the video is terrible. It's nothing other than a long commercial for Ghosts. Sellout is what I think about when I think about that video.

13. ellyjude

ellyjude New Member

People have different tastes. For some, the song might be too boring since they have heard it severally while others still consider the song a hit. I'll take yours as an opinion since it's only opinions that differ.

14. Captain Remus

Captain Remus New Member

I honestly felt like that was what caught my attention for the game whenever it was first released. Having a huge music artist produce a song for a game is an excellent marketing strategy. I also like how avenged sevenfold did a few songs for black ops 1 and 2.

15. erook7878

erook7878 Member

Not one of my favorite Eminem songs, but it definitely fit the ending nicely. It was cool to have a rap song in there. Generally, these games have rock or metal soundtracks.

16. genevb

genevb New Member

It definitely was the perfect song to represent the game, I can't see how it didn't won. However the way the videoclip was made still rocks. I think it was a better promoter for the game than the trailer of the game itself.

17. BradR

BradR New Member

I honestly think it deserved to win but maybe that's because I'm a huge fan of Eminem, and it's making me sway towards the song itself. For a Call of Duty game, I think it's the perfect song and I'll be honest, I went through a phase where I was just constantly listening to it.

18. Squigly

Squigly New Member

It's one of the more well-known songs in FPS videogames, not simply as part of a soundtrack. I think it gave good exposure to the game for the more casual crowd.

19. rz3300

rz3300 New Member

I was glad to hear that this was a nomination too. It is always nice to see recognition for the things we all seem to enjoy but never really think of. There are some other good ones that I can think of, but I like the way that Survival really gets tot heart of the game. I have always liked Eminem too, so that is nice.

20. erook7878

erook7878 Member

It really does fit the game perfectly. I couldn't imagine a song better for that ending. It's pretty cool that it got that kind of recognition.