Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Pike Line Up

Discussion in 'Episode 915 - The Calm Before' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Tara. Enid. Henry. Frankie. Tammy. Rodney. Addy. DJ. Ozzy. Alek

What did ya think? The members of the line up. And how it was revealed?

I personally really liked how it was revealed. Flashing to people who were searching, same as in comics. As for the members, were Tara and Enid big enough? What say you?

• Like Like x 2
  2. JustPlainMe

JustPlainMe Member

I was shocked, shocked, shocked. I didn't expect them to kill off Tara or Enid just yet.

3. SStark

SStark Active Member

Tara has been around since season four and is one of the longest standing members of the show. Her, along with Enid and Henry are sufficient in terms of being a "big-hitter".

I really liked Ozzy too, even though he was in like two episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bda1973

bda1973 New Member

Shocked at it wasnt King on the pike instead of henry

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I was shocked too! I knew Tammy Rose was dead, and had a feeling Frankie was too bc they brought her back (I feel bad for her daughter now!)

I was so sure Ezekiel, Rosita or Siddiq or Gabriel, Magna, Kelly or Connie, and Nabila were gonna die!

But I am happy they included that scene with the captives fighting back in the barn. That was a nice touch. To know they didn’t go out without a fight.

#5 mistertrouble189, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

good to know King and Michonne didn't end up there

7. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I like the way they showed the pikes. Very impactful. Really well done.
    None of the victims really surprised me, after the way they set it up beforehand.
    I'm bummed about Tara and Ozzy. I liked him. And Enid ....and Henry, for Carol, Lydia and Ezekiel's sake.

8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Started to like Henry. Used to like Enid, but thought she was becoming bleh...

• Like Like x 1
  9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I didn't see the scene. YouTube tv messed up and only seemed to record an hour of the show so didn't see the last thirty minutes. Not too concerned though because it was playing out virtually the same as it did in the comics with the only difference in who got killed,

They couldn't really afford to kill any big names with all the key actors that have left already and are going to leave in the future. Don't know if I'd really consider Tara or Enid big names. Tara has been completely in the background until this season and the only reason she started getting more screen time this year is because the Maggie actress left the show.

Enid really the same. She was basically brought into the show to replace Sophia but with the extended time jump they had she couldn't really fill Sophia's comic role anylonger. The character didn't really have a huge purpose in the story and I imagine the actress was eager to leave to go do other things.

We'll see how next season goes. At this point is when the Whisperer arc really started to drag in the comic and they have to fill 16 episodes next season.

10. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I'm so happy it wasn't Ezekiel, but I worry that maybe his time will come next week. You're relieved that someone escapes death and *BAM* they get them another way soon after.
    I really hope not. He's such a great character and he brings a lot to the show.
    They can't do that to Carol.

11. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

My question now is why Alpha selected those particular people?

With the exception of the Highwaymen, what was it about the others that slighted Alpha?

12. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

There wasn't much rhyme or reason for her selecting the people in the comic either. They were just random people that she had an opportunity to attack.

13. Sully

Sully Active Member

A good bit of them were young teens. Henry, the Hilltop youth...

Vulnerable easy targets to take control of. Same with Tammy.

Tara, Enid, and Siddiq must have been taken from behind in some way for them to get captured, but the rest were all pretty easy targets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I think Alpha may have chosen the teens because they were close to Lydia's age and maybe wanted to limit Lydia's interactions with people her age. Plus they were weaker physically to fend off an attack.

But the bigger message I got from the teens being killed was more of a mental hold over the younger generation of the communities by eliminating any hope they may have of reaching adulthood age-wise. Also killing off a generation limits the life cycle of a community as they won't be able to take the mantle of their older generation as protectors, leaders, etc of the younger generation (Judith etc).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Direct TV only recorded an hour as well. I went to the AMC web site to see the rest and I had a hell of a time getting past that first hour. I did view sections so I could piece together what happened but I feel like I missed things. Did they show how our victims were spirited away without anyone noticing? That seems so odd to me, especially with experienced fighters like Tara.

16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Alpha picked Tammy because, if I heard it correctly, there was a scene where Tammy Rose and Earl were walking behind a disguised Alpha who overheard their bad-mouthing the Whisperers about disposing the baby (and called them 'axxhole' or something like that).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Tara: will not miss her

Carl 2.0: thank goodness..I couldn’t take the angst

Frankie: now someone else will have a chance at that hair dye

Glasses girl: noooooow we know why she suddenly had lines

Ozzy: awww....I coulda totally crushed on him.

Brett Butler: looked exactly the same as a zombie. (I was so happy to see her working, though...we she’d stayed)

The others: I don’t even remember them enough to care.

18. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

No they didn’t show how they were taken. We had heads on a stick, then the flashback to them fighting in the barn.

19. IfDarylDiesRiot

I thought the reveal was really well done, but I just didnt think the lineup was impactful enough. As much as I like Ezekiel imo his head really needed to be on a pike for it to have the needed affect.

20. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

I agree. I don’t want the king to go...but damn that would have punched me in the gut.
    Although...Daryl yelling “nooo noooo!” for Carol not to look was pretty strong. Still.... the king would have had a huuuuuuuuge impact.